Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:58 PM
Absolutely spectacular! Very good tutorial, I love it! I'm so happy that this works with gimp as well. This creation of mine is the first of a thousand. Thanks a bunch!
Attached Images

I was too strange for Strangetown.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 11:25 AM
i love this tutorial...i've used this one and another one i found on the net.
My problem is how do you get a soft blue?
my blues tend to end up a bit too vivid and unrealistic...
is there a step to mute the color a bit?

Here is my blue eye:

Lab Assistant
#103 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hope2476
i love this tutorial...i've used this one and another one i found on the net.
My problem is how do you get a soft blue?
my blues tend to end up a bit too vivid and unrealistic...
is there a step to mute the color a bit?

Here is my blue eye:

You could always reduce the saturation...
Field Researcher
#104 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 9:55 AM
yeah...i've tried that and it seems to blur things...
i'm trying again only starting with a very light faded blue as my base...
Test Subject
#105 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 5:01 PM
I only have paint.net! plz some1 do a tutorial for eyes with paint.net!

Ummmm... I have no idea what to put in here for now.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 11:05 PM
Finally Got Photoshop, and ran back to this tutorial, only to find out when I do the wind on my colors, there is no difference, but in the sample box on the actual wind filter it changes. There is a very very slight change but not enough to notice. What is wrong why isnt this working?

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Test Subject
#107 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 3:35 AM
i have started creating my own eyes i can make it with fun
Test Subject
#108 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 1:08 PM
Thanks alot Deathoflight for the fantastic work and thank you Obssessedfae for the pointers on using PsP I was a little stressed trying to work out how to use the techniques with my program.

Great Job all round guys..!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#109 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 3:20 AM
Fantastic, easy to follow and i've got some great looking eyes out of it!

~Mikah
Test Subject
#110 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 3:45 AM Last edited by sephirothremnant : 13th Mar 2008 at 3:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
Quote: Originally posted by hope2476
yeah...i've tried that and it seems to blur things...
i'm trying again only starting with a very light faded blue as my base...

Perhaps try fiddling with the Brightness/Contrast? usually works for me. Surprisingly, Blue can be an awkward color sometimes lol. i've jsut done a blue eye and it took me a while to make the right color, I needed a bright one as well.

Attached is the second eye i made using this tut, I forgot to save the first one. This is the blue I needed.

~Mikah
Attached Images

Scholar
#111 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 5:00 PM
In body shop, when I try to refresh it for my new eyes, it says it won't load and it is in the wrong location....i need help.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 12:09 AM
I thought I'd share one of the sets of eyes I did when I was working with the tutorial. I think the metal eyes look rather cool!

Test Subject
#113 Old 11th May 2008 at 4:40 AM
Thank you so much!!!!!!! i made awesome eyes!!
Field Researcher
#114 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:39 PM
I have the same problem with missMSBplayer.When I'm tryin' to save them a message popping out and it says that they're in the wrong location or the image format is wrong!How can I save them?I need a little help!
Test Subject
#115 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 12:57 AM
Thank you very much! I found that when I used the 105mm prime lens flare instead of using the default lens flare (50-300mm zoom,) the highlight was much more concentrated and glossy. How pretty. Great tutorial.

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickinson
Test Subject
#116 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 12:58 AM
BSGirl: Are you saving the files as BMP?

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickinson
Field Researcher
#117 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 6:39 PM
yes!but it says that they're in the wrong location or the image format is wrong!i tried again yesterday,i checked if it BMP or not but...same old stuff!
Test Subject
#118 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 6:43 AM
Thanks soo much! it works for GIMP too!!

smile; you might be naked :)
Field Researcher
#119 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:07 PM
you know i tried again today and realized sth...when i'm done with everything ang copy-paste the eye in the other file and try to save in down left corner there's a little window(in photoshop save window) that says the file may not be saved in the right format,some parts may not be included.I'm totally lost!
Test Subject
#120 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 9:57 AM
Has anyone got a tutorial for making eyes on PhotoFiltre? Ergh, I have a feeling that nobody uses it around here...

Ouch.
Test Subject
#121 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 1:30 AM
Can this be used with Photoshop Elements? I'm unable to make an eye with that program...followed the tutorial step by step...can never get the end result. I'd just like to know if you have to have Photoshop to use this.

Words of derision I have swallowed with a smile. For telling my story I've been...crucified.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:09 PM
I did it!!!It's easy thank you very very much!I will upload my first collectiion!Thnx!
Test Subject
#123 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:32 PM
Thanks so much for this tutorial! Thsi has really helped me create sets of eyes that are realistic, not weird like mine always turned out XD
Thankyou!

Studying: take the S-T-U off and it’s just dying.
Test Subject
#124 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 1:41 PM
This tutorial was very useful. I've already made a few eyes for future use. :D
Test Subject
#125 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 1:13 AM
thank you soo much x
Page 5 of 7