Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All Adult/Y.A. Clothes made available for Young Adults, Adults, and Elders! (TS2 - AL)

by Sim-Wolf Posted 4th Jun 2008 at 8:49 PM - Updated 15th May 2009 at 5:42 PM by Sim-Wolf

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 7:49 PM
Ooh this is awesome. I already recategorize all my custom clothes to be available this way across the board, but with this, I might actually use some more Maxis clothes.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 8:19 AM
I think I've figured it out. Maybe...

It seems a fair few of the files don't appear when your mods are placed in the Bins folder. I've just tried them in the Downloads folder and they all work fine now.

The thing is, now ALL of Maxis' clothes (toddlers, children and teens included) have delete icons. I don't know if this happens to you as well. It doesn't really bother me because I don't pay attention to the icons on the right anyway; but others might accidentally click on it.

Another problem I found is that the FT sewing machines clothes don't appear. Again, I don't know if your side or my side is responsible. I have too many hacks and such that might conflict with your downloads.

None of this really bothers me because I don't really NEED them per se. Just want them

P.S. Should I be PMing this to you instead?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
I think I've figured it out. Maybe...

It seems a fair few of the files don't appear when your mods are placed in the Bins folder. I've just tried them in the Downloads folder and they all work fine now.

The thing is, now ALL of Maxis' clothes (toddlers, children and teens included) have delete icons. I don't know if this happens to you as well. It doesn't really bother me because I don't pay attention to the icons on the right anyway; but others might accidentally click on it.

Another problem I found is that the FT sewing machines clothes don't appear. Again, I don't know if your side or my side is responsible. I have too many hacks and such that might conflict with your downloads.

None of this really bothers me because I don't really NEED them per se. Just want them

P.S. Should I be PMing this to you instead?

Hmmm. That's interesting. I did say that it was possible that all Maxis clothing could have the delete sign, as I thought it had happened to me before. It seems with me, that sometimes the clothes have the delete icons, and sometimes they don't. I'm still not too sure what causes the problem. But I also don't look there much either, and I know not to delete them. I just hope others who download this read my warning message.

For the sewing machine clothes, I admit that I never actually made an item of clothing with the sewing machine, but just assumed it would appear when they're made. (Yes, naughty me). By the way, they're not meant to appear in CAS, just the Sims wardrobe. I only edited the property set of the sewing machine clothes, but I know that there is one particular combo for the sewing machine for each outfit which appears in CAS debug mode, so maybe it only edited that. But I'll really have to go and try it out once I get on my PC (I'm on my laptop just now).
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 1:44 PM Last edited by pepsihamster : 15th Jun 2008 at 1:54 PM.
Quote:Sorry for my rubbish explanations. I'm not too good with words.

Ha, ha, now THAT is deffinately NOT true. I have seldom seen anything that long and complicated been explained so well. WOW.

This is fantastic, I can't wait to try it out. Thank you so much!
This should SO be featured!!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
Hmmm. That's interesting. I did say that it was possible that all Maxis clothing could have the delete sign, as I thought it had happened to me before. It seems with me, that sometimes the clothes have the delete icons, and sometimes they don't. I'm still not too sure what causes the problem. But I also don't look there much either, and I know not to delete them. I just hope others who download this read my warning message.

I see that now. I must've missed the part that said "ALL Maxis clothing" even though I read the whole thing at least twice, hence the reason why I have glasses. What sucks is that I was wearing my glasses when I was reading (). Also, I didn't mean that people would intentionally click on the delete buttons. I meant that they might click on it even if they are fully aware of the repercussions. I have done the same thing. By accident, of course. I'll go to click on something (not just in the Sims) and end up clicking on something else instead. And once something comes up asking me if I'd like to continue or cancel, I'll still press the wrong thing. But I'm just weird...
Quote:
For the sewing machine clothes, I admit that I never actually made an item of clothing with the sewing machine, but just assumed it would appear when they're made. (Yes, naughty me). By the way, they're not meant to appear in CAS, just the Sims wardrobe. I only edited the property set of the sewing machine clothes, but I know that there is one particular combo for the sewing machine for each outfit which appears in CAS debug mode, so maybe it only edited that. But I'll really have to go and try it out once I get on my PC (I'm on my laptop just now).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I never actually tried the clothes in-game, just looked at them in CAS. Like you, I'll have to do some more testing

If you have any problems or concerns with the Bins folder, I'm sure Phaenoh will be more than willing to help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I never actually tried the clothes in-game, just looked at them in CAS. Like you, I'll have to do some more testing :D

Oh dear. I finally remembered to make the adult clothes with the sewing machine, and the results aren't good. The clothes don't show up. Oh well. I suppose I did label this mod as "In Testing". But its still a shame. Now how do I get rid of that file?
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:02 PM
Thanks, this is a great idea. I have one question, is this likely to conflict with fanseelamb's maxis ountwear as outwear mods?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PageofCoins
Thanks, this is a great idea. I have one question, is this likely to conflict with fanseelamb's maxis ountwear as outwear mods?

Yes, I would think its very likely it will conflict with that mod, unfortunately. I would think it will conflict with most clothing mods as they will both try and edit the same outfit's properties, and one will try and edit the outfit's category (but will still have the age set to Adults only), and one will try to edit the age. (But will still have the category set to Everyday or whatever it is).

It should be pretty simple to make the outerwear show up in the different categories as well as make them available for different age groups.

If you open one of fanseelamb's outerwear mod's (or any other clothing mod's) package file in SimPE, on the resource tree click on "Property Sets". Now on the list of property sets, open each one and in the plug in menu at the bottom, look for "age". Set the number at the end to 58 (This will unlock it for Elders, Adults, and Y.A.) Edit every file in the package like this, and hey presto. The clothes should now show up in Outerwear and be unlocked for the different ages. But be sure only to edit the files with "am" or "af" at the start. It will look something like this "amouterwear_blue". That is all the adult clothes. If you edit the cm, cf, tm, tf, pm, pf clothes you'll end up with all the child, teen, and toddler outerwear showing up for adults and not showing up for the proper ages. You can however edit the em and ef clothes. This will make the Elder clothes available for Adults.

If you don't understand, or aren't too good with SimPE, I'd be happy to edit them for you. You can send me the mod files to me that you wish me to edit by sending me an email or PM. I think you can send files by PM anyway?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 7:37 AM
Hi,
This is very nice. I don't mod the sims a t all, but I do love downloading. Anyway, Lord Darcy has folks put some of his mods in the (I am using an Imac) Sims 2 > Expansion Packs > (latest expansion pack you have...for me) Seasons > TSData > Res > Catalog > Bins > (then you make a separate sub folder such as for this maybe clothes) and put your files in there. That might work for folks that it isn't working for.

Phaenoh has folks put it in the same area, But Not the Bins folder, but a folder called StuffPack. I will remove that folder and see if it works in the bin with its own sub folder.

Thanks for your effort
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:56 AM
Default Elders can be Groovy Now
This is my first post yippee!
Oh this is great now the old people or Elders as Sims call them can be dressed in a groovy outfit like the young adults.Like they can wear the wide leg jeans and boots, way kwel. Also the nice gowns. Yupper my Oldies are gonna go groovy now giggling. Thank you way much!
Grins N Giggles
Deliah
Instructor
#36 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 2:15 PM
Wonderful! Thank you so much!
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:25 PM
You are awsome!!!! thank you so much for sharing this!!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:32 PM
wow this should be featured! awesome awesome mod!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:38 PM
I. Love. You. <3
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 7:13 AM
Thanks. I'm glad i didn't have to rummage through the exchange for as long as i usually do to find a mod like this.
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:30 PM
Wow..now you can forget talking about clothes that once didn't fit you, do Don't throw away that nice bathing suit just yet
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 1:00 AM
HEY THIS IS A EXELLENT HACK!
I WILL DOWNLOAD IT WHEN I
(as sim) GET OLD. :D

Plz visite my site and watch my videos.And most important->don`t forget to leave a comment
http://de.youtube.com/user/lAmyHotchicl =) be so nice xD
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 2:59 PM
Well, that's a great mod ! Thanks a lot for creating it ! But there's two problems :
- I use "Maxis Outerwear as... Outerwear ! " by fanseelamb, and there's a conflict with. Can you modify the package of you hack to match Maxis outfits as outerwear of fanseelamb's mod ?
- Some Nightlife outfits shows up twice, once with Nightlife icon, and once again with University icon (because some University outfits are convert for aduts with Nightlife)...

Great job !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 4:46 PM
Hi, timoram.

If you could email me fanseelamb's mod which you want me to make compatible with, that would be great. I'll try my best to make them work together.

As for the Nightlife outfits. When I first released this mod, I had 2 nightlife versions. One which unlocked all the outfits, and one which only unlocked the ones which weren't also included in University. But I later realized the 2 versions would probably confuse a lot of people, so I decided to just unlock them all whether they appeared in previous EPs or not.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 9:04 PM
Wonderful! Been looking for an updated mod! Thanks ;-)
Field Researcher
#46 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 12:47 AM
This is great! Thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 12:19 PM
It's great!
But is it now compatible with outerwear mods?
This one and with this?

Hi, timoram.

If you could email me fanseelamb's mod which you want me to make compatible with, that would be great. I'll try my best to make them work together.

As for the Nightlife outfits. When I first released this mod, I had 2 nightlife versions. One which unlocked all the outfits, and one which only unlocked the ones which weren't also included in University. But I later realized the 2 versions would probably confuse a lot of people, so I decided to just unlock them all whether they appeared in previous EPs or not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lorea
It's great!
But is it now compatible with outerwear mods?
This one and with this?

No, I'm afraid it won't be.

As both mods edit the same property sets, they will conflict with each other. Many people have found this with fanseelamb's mod as well.

If you would like me to make a compatible version of this mod to work with knightguy's mod, then please post a reply to this post. I will try and edit knightguy's mod to make the clothes show up for Elders and replace the matching property sets from my mod to make a working two-in-one mod.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I will do the same for fanseelamb's mod too if you like. I didn't see that first link you gave me.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 6:36 PM
If you would like me to make a compatible version of this mod to work with knightguy's mod, then please post a reply to this post. I will try and edit knightguy's mod to make the clothes show up for Elders and replace the matching property sets from my mod to make a working two-in-one mod.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I will do the same for fanseelamb's mod too if you like. I didn't see that first link you gave me.

So I post, then !
Good luck to you, I know how difficult it is to make a two-in-one mod.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 12:48 PM
That would be great if you would do it!
Thank you!

No, I'm afraid it won't be.

As both mods edit the same property sets, they will conflict with each other. Many people have found this with fanseelamb's mod as well.

Page 2 of 5