Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All Adult/Y.A. Clothes made available for Young Adults, Adults, and Elders! (TS2 - AL)

by Sim-Wolf Posted 4th Jun 2008 at 8:49 PM - Updated 15th May 2009 at 5:42 PM by Sim-Wolf

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lorea
That would be great if you would do it!
Thank you!

Hey there again.

I set to work and tried to make a combo sort of compromise between my mods and Fanseelamb and Knightguy's Outerwear mods.

Most of the mods I put together. I opened my own mods, then added Fanseelamb or Knight Guy's mods into it. Then I replaced my property sets with their's and edited the properties so it would be unlocked for Elders. I kept any matching Elder clothes hidden as I made the Adult version available for Adults too.

The only mod which I did not do this way was OFB. Because it only had the Mascot Outfits and the Toddler outfits, there would be no point in editing it. Elders already had the MAscot outfits, etc. So I just deleted the mascot outfits from my mod. So if you want the mascots to be available in Outerwear, add my compatible mod from the compressed folder into your downloads folder as well as Fanseelamb's OFB mods.

The rest have both mods included in one. So you will need to remove my proper versions of the mods which I have made compatible and put these ones in. You should also remove fanseelamb's and knightguy's mods as I put them into the one file.

One thing I have not done however, is tested it. My Bodyshop takes FOREVER to load. And the AnyGameStarter from Numenor hasn't been updated for Apartment Life yet, so I just uploaded them right away. I shouldn't think there will be any problems, but if you happen to come across any, please reply back. I included all the extra toddler, child, and teen outfits into the combo mods apart from the OFB one.

Another thing is that if you decide to use these files, you will not be able to download any updated versions of them as the updated files will not be compatible with Fanseelamb or KnightGuy's mods.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:24 PM
Great ! That's a very nice gift !
Great great great...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timoram26
Great ! That's a very nice gift !
Great great great...

My pleasure.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 12:25 PM
Oh, thank you for your hard work!
I will try this right now.
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:39 PM
i love this mod. i use it now for my base game+NL! thank you so much for all your hard work!

i was curious, you said "If you own all EPs and SPs and want all clothes to be available for Y.A. to Elders, download the "All Expansion and Stuff Pack Clothing for Y.A. to Elders". I also fixed the Free Time outfits which disappeared from the catalogue. They should now all be showing up in CAS and in clothes racks, etc."

i was wondering if that meant that if i downloaded "Sim-Wolf - All Expansion and Stuff Pack Clothing for Y.A. to Elders.zip" all the outfits from the EPs & Sps that i don't have installed, would show up as well?
Test Subject
#56 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:29 AM
leslienv03 - They wouldn't show up because you don't have those expansions. It says, "If you own all EPs and SPs."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leslienv03
i love this mod. i use it now for my base game+NL! thank you so much for all your hard work!

i was curious, you said "If you own all EPs and SPs and want all clothes to be available for Y.A. to Elders, download the "All Expansion and Stuff Pack Clothing for Y.A. to Elders". I also fixed the Free Time outfits which disappeared from the catalogue. They should now all be showing up in CAS and in clothes racks, etc."

i was wondering if that meant that if i downloaded "Sim-Wolf - All Expansion and Stuff Pack Clothing for Y.A. to Elders.zip" all the outfits from the EPs & Sps that i don't have installed, would show up as well?

No, like Candacy said, only the clothes from the Expansion packs you have will show up. The FreeTime outfits was just a fix I rolled into the mod, and would only affect games with Free Time installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 4:28 PM
Just to let anyone know who's interested, I've tried to make another version of this mod which does not hide any elder clothes whether they match adult clothes or not. I should upload this with an update for Mansion and Garden Stuff when it's released.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 7:58 PM Last edited by timoram26 : 5th Nov 2008 at 8:39 PM.
Hi,
I've notice some... huh, problems with Phaenoh's mods that affect Bodyshop. Here, here again and there. Good luck to make a combo ! :p

EDIT : For some mods, there's some conflicts, and for others, there's duplicates outfits...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timoram26
Hi,
I've notice some... huh, problems with Phaenoh's mods that affect Bodyshop. Here, here again and there. Good luck to make a combo ! :p

EDIT : For some mods, there's some conflicts, and for others, there's duplicates outfits...

Sorry, I have no intention of making combos for Phaenoh's Clothing Migration. There is just way to many clothes there, and I would get so lost. The other mods are also confusing since they deal with the elder clothes which I unlocked previously for elders using the adult version. Sorry, I just can't do it.

The outwear mods on the other hand were a bit more simple as they just required me to replace the outfits in my mod with their's, and then change the age data.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 8:21 PM
There's nothing that I can say about this that hasn't already been said, but I'd like to add my gushing gratitude to the torrential rain of it already here.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 5:36 PM
Just want to add, Why haven't Maxis themselves thought of this?

Thanks for this, now my elders can be elders with dignity in cool clothes. =D
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 6:10 PM
I honestly don't LIKE the sims elders having "droop" effect, and this fixes that problem! GJ!
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 2:23 AM
I read over but my eyes were hurting, I might have missed it.

I just downloaded this and it works, but none of my custom and downloaded clothes appear for my Elders.

Stupid Question: Do YA clothes appear for Adults?
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:01 AM
This rocks - dont know why maxis didnt think of it -thanks again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toonfan630
I read over but my eyes were hurting, I might have missed it.

I just downloaded this and it works, but none of my custom and downloaded clothes appear for my Elders.

Stupid Question: Do YA clothes appear for Adults?

No, my mod only unlocks the Maxis outfits. It would be pratically impossible to do it for all custom clothes. If you read the description, you would have found out it only unlocks the clothes from the game for elders.

And yeah, all the Young Adult clothes from University are unlocked for both adults and elders too.
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Moonstruck Muse : 15th Mar 2009 at 9:55 PM.
Hello! I just had a quick question on your mod.

You have a version that has included Fanseelamb's or Knightguys mod, but not for Phaenoh's right? I figure since that one is so much bigger. But I also wanted tyo check since I like that one as well, as if it was here, I didn't want to miss it!

Also, I would like to hide all elders clothing... I know there is a mod that does that elsewhere, but if I just downloaded that one, and not their adults clothing mod, will that conflict with this? To be honest I don't want any of the elder clothing, it's just so odd!

Also when I installed your All Eps & Sps mod, I got all the clothing in the everyday category, and some/maybe all exercise & formal clothing, but none of the underwear, sleepwear or swimwear on females (I believe same goes for males but it's harder to tell).

Thanks for such a good mod! Now my elders can look nice.

Edit: I think the problem was caused because I downloaded this around the time the MTS2 file host computer went down. I redownloaded it, and put it in the Bins folder to remove the custom star, and now it works perfectly! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 4:22 PM
Thank you so much
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
Just to let anyone know who's interested, I've tried to make another version of this mod which does not hide any elder clothes whether they match adult clothes or not. I should upload this with an update for Mansion and Garden Stuff when it's released.

Hi,

I was just wondering if you still had plans to or had already released this version of your mod which would include all elder as well as YA and adult clothes without hiding the elder versions. Personally, even though I hated all elders having a hunched over posture I may still want some to have it. Also, I am not clear if placing your mod in the Bins folder eliminated the possibility of accidentally deleting files. If so which files specifically go where. I think this is a fantastic mod but I know that at some point somehow I will delete something and if this leads to total game meltdown I may need to deprive my game from such a great, great mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 15th May 2009 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omikron69
Hi,

I was just wondering if you still had plans to or had already released this version of your mod which would include all elder as well as YA and adult clothes without hiding the elder versions. Personally, even though I hated all elders having a hunched over posture I may still want some to have it. Also, I am not clear if placing your mod in the Bins folder eliminated the possibility of accidentally deleting files. If so which files specifically go where. I think this is a fantastic mod but I know that at some point somehow I will delete something and if this leads to total game meltdown I may need to deprive my game from such a great, great mod.

Hey

Well good news. I actually already made this version for someone else who PMed me asking for it, but decided there would be no point in uploading it here as The Sims 3 was coming out soon. But since you asked I uploaded that version along with an update to The Sims 2 Store Clothes part of the mod.

There was also an error when I uploaded the new versions causing my previous uploads of those files to be lost along with the downloads count. So they now show up at the bottom.

Look for the (Don't Hide Elder Matches) version in the download section.
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th May 2009 at 7:48 PM
Thank you for posting the alternate versions of your mod and I'm very sorry if granting my request caused you to lose the downloads count =( . I know the Sims 3 is coming out soon but I may not get it immediately and even if I do, if I ever come back to the Sims 2 why not have all the coolest mods ready for it? Thanks again =)
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th May 2009 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
Hey

Well good news. I actually already made this version for someone else who PMed me asking for it, but decided there would be no point in uploading it here as The Sims 3 was coming out soon. But since you asked I uploaded that version along with an update to The Sims 2 Store Clothes part of the mod.

There was also an error when I uploaded the new versions causing my previous uploads of those files to be lost along with the downloads count. So they now show up at the bottom.

Look for the (Don't Hide Elder Matches) version in the download section.

Hi, I just wanted to check with you regarding the delete files situation. Does the mod still allow me to accidentally delete something I shouldn't and if so, is there anyway I can prevent this (possibly by installing the mod in a folder other than downloads)? Thank you once more!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 16th May 2009 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omikron69
Hi, I just wanted to check with you regarding the delete files situation. Does the mod still allow me to accidentally delete something I shouldn't and if so, is there anyway I can prevent this (possibly by installing the mod in a folder other than downloads)? Thank you once more!!

Oh, when I said "delete files" I was meaning the files of my mod stored on MTS2 were deleted when I tried to replace them with the new versions.

And in the game, yes. Unfortunately the delete button is still enabled for all Sims 2 outfits when you use this mod. But I think from what I've heard from other users, if you put the mod into your Bins folder...

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Latest Expansion Pack)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

...then the delete icon is disabled as it should be. Though I personally don't do this myself and just leave the delete icon enabled. You could try though. However, if you do this I don't think the Custom Maxis Clothes and The Sims 2 Store outfits will work. Well not on any of those clothes you may have installed in your downloads folder, as the downloads folder loads after the Bins if I'm not mistaken and the original Property Sets for those outfits would load after my mod's property sets, and so they would not be unlocked. So you may need to place the Sims 2 Store file and the Custom Maxis Clothes file of my mod in your downloads folder.
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
Does this conflict with HystericalParoxysm's Female Modesty Set (Base Game)? link
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyMason
Does this conflict with HystericalParoxysm's Female Modesty Set (Base Game)? link

I'm actually not sure. I never really downloaded default replacements, so don't know what they contain.

But since it likely edits the same outfits as this mod, it's most likely that they will conflict. But like I said, I'm not entirely sure about this one.
Page 3 of 5