Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#976 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:15 AM

Try to guess which of the two cars belongs to my undercover secret agent, trying to infiltrate an infamous gangster den.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#977 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:59 AM
*giggle snort* The cop car sadly enough. You would think that the secret agent would know better than bring their personal cop car to a raid.
Test Subject
#978 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:34 AM
Had a sim that lived in Bridgeport, in an apartment. When I directed him to play guitar, he would walk out into the foyer and try to enter one of the NPC doors first. He wouldn't play guitar because he couldn't access whatever was beyond those doors.
Top Secret Researcher
#979 Old 30th May 2012 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheTripWasInfragreen
Had a sim that lived in Bridgeport, in an apartment. When I directed him to play guitar, he would walk out into the foyer and try to enter one of the NPC doors first. He wouldn't play guitar because he couldn't access whatever was beyond those doors.

I still haven't fully worked out why they roam to play a musical instrument, but it has something to do with where the instrument sits on the floor when they pick it up, what other objects are in the immediate area on the floor, and how those objects are oriented.

I recently started a Partridge Family so I could have all four band members (yep, reinstalled LN just for this) living in the same house. I placed one of each instrument type in an open area in the house and at first the bass player thought he should take the bass into a bedroom on the opposite side of the house in order to join the jam session. I rearranged the instruments, then the guitar player was the one headed to the bedroom. Rearranged again and spaced the instruments further apart and all the band members decided it was okay to stay where the instruments were situated without needing to wander about the premises.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Site Helper
#980 Old 30th May 2012 at 3:52 PM
I started playing a criminal again. He is a rebel, so he's not really on speaking terms with his boss. This means he tends to spend a lot of time in jail. (If he can klepto from his job, and he can work out in jail, why can't he klepto a workout machine from jail?)

Anyway, I don't know which was sillier: "We don't want you trying to escape using that Death flower", or "We don't want you trying to escape using that High School Diploma" I did figure out how one might escape by using a Death Flower, although it would require a degree of incompetence from the guards. I am still trying to figure out how one might escape by using a High School diploma.

Also; he wanted a washing machine. He was alone in the laundromat. He stole--- a dryer (ok, good start), a light (well, he did need one) and a bottle of detergent.
I sent him back to the laundromat the next night. He got another light, the other bottle of detergent, and a stack of magazines.
Third night. I parked him right next to the washer that was across from the dryer he stole and told him to start stealing. He ran across the room and stole a chair (well, it is more comfortable than the single folding chair he had...), a counter (ok, he needed one of those, too.) and (after rolling another want for a washer)--- a flower vase.
Fourth night. Still wanting a washer. He stole a second counter, and another chair. This was all he could steal that night, because he had also grabbed a cheap light from his job before he left.

So he has a nice dryer with no washer, a collection of dining chairs with no table, a centerpiece for the non-existent table, and plenty of light. Oh, and plenty of detergent to wash clothes (in the flowerpot?) with.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#981 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:10 PM
I had a sim whose husband died. Her very first want after that was "Throw a bachelorette party." Nobody in the family was getting married. Perhaps the game glitched and she was suposed to want a funeral. But it looked like she wanted to celebrate her newfound bachelorettehood to me. This was the same woman I mentioned who snickered at her husband when his mother died. I don't care what her traits said., This woman was pure evil.
Field Researcher
#982 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:24 PM
My sim once decided to leave a child at the graveyard (they were at a funeral). The child had to bike home.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Test Subject
#983 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:53 PM
My sim's step mum, who was also her aunt, took her young toddler to the library with my sim and her half brother. Suddenly, the step mum put her toddler down and went home. My sim had to come home with toddler.
Lab Assistant
#984 Old 30th May 2012 at 10:30 PM
sometimes i get simmies, (mostly after patch update i believe) that will take forever to do something.. say they get up in the morning, go to the toilet and then to have a shower..instead of going from toilet - shower.. they go up to the shower and just stand infront of it for half an hour before getting in.. aghghgh wasting time!
Lab Assistant
#985 Old 31st May 2012 at 9:41 PM
My sim family lives opposite to the school. Do they walk across the road to school?No. At 8:00, the school bus duly arrived, the kids clamber on, then the bus does some weird quarter turn, so it's sitting across the road, with the bonnet over the pavement of the opposite side, the kids climb off and run into the school. The bus continues its journey. Every single day. The first time I saw it I was like "Why the heck do they have to get on the bus for that?!"
Forum Resident
#986 Old 31st May 2012 at 11:04 PM
For some reason whenever my Acrobat Sim performs for Tips he gets several Horses come over to watch him. Last time he was being watched by 3 Horses, a Dog, a Cat, a Raccoon and one very old Sim who suddenly dropped down dead.
Field Researcher
#987 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 10:37 AM
The time it takes to cook a meal - kids are waiting to go to school and Mum is still cooking waffles in the oven - and the way they stand when they're idle. Its so posey and unnatural looking.
Lab Assistant
#988 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MsScribble
The time it takes to cook a meal - kids are waiting to go to school and Mum is still cooking waffles in the oven - and the way they stand when they're idle. Its so posey and unnatural looking.

I agree; since when did it take two hours to make waffles?

*Signature Under Construction*
Test Subject
#989 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 10:15 PM
So, my sim's at a party and is kicked out for 'misbehavng' (I've got no idea). Next thing I know, he's cuddling naked in the host's hot tub with a male paparazzi xD
Oh, and I also have a vegetarian sim whose favourite food is tri-tip steak.
Forum Resident
#990 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
For some reason whenever my Acrobat Sim performs for Tips he gets several Horses come over to watch him. Last time he was being watched by 3 Horses, a Dog, a Cat, a Raccoon and one very old Sim who suddenly dropped down dead.

Evidently the excitement was to much for the old sim.....
Inventor
#991 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 11:57 PM
Today, my pregnant Sim was taking a bath. She got sick, so she got out of the bath. She then went not to the toilet in the bathroom she was in, she goes to the upstairs bathroom, then runs back downstairs, goes outside, THEN throws up.
Test Subject
#992 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 10:39 AM
Whenever they play on their PC's, watching TV, or video games, they really doesn't seem to care about their needs (hunger, hygiene, etc)

I was like "Wtf is this?" and when I take a look at myself, and I can finally understand them, lol
Instructor
#993 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 1:11 PM
My nurse sim was at the graveyard doing vaccinations. When she first got there, there was a little boy crying at a grave. Then he moved to another grave and cried at that one.
Then pulled out a book and sat on the bench, by himself, and started reading.

My sim decided, despite the boy obviously being an orphan with no friends, that he should be picked on for being a cry baby.
She did this on her own. >.> See my avatar? That was my face when I saw this happen.

Inventor
#994 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 5:15 PM
Whenever, I have a Sim who do Vaccinations or a Free Clinic, they will treat one or two people, then just stand there. Even if I click for them to treat someone, they will hardly ever do it. So, I just had to stop accepting the opportunity.
Field Researcher
#995 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucagrabacr
Whenever they play on their PC's, watching TV, or video games, they really doesn't seem to care about their needs (hunger, hygiene, etc)

I was like "Wtf is this?" and when I take a look at myself, and I can finally understand them, lol

haha I know what you mean. when I first got Sims 2 I would play for hours and forgot to eat a lot.
Lab Assistant
#996 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 10:02 AM
Few days ago I've thrown wedding party. My bride was gussying up in bathroom, changing her clothes etc. When first guest arrived, he ran straight to the bathroom where she was x.x Maybe he wanted to take a good look at her before she will get married lol.
Inventor
#997 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 10:04 PM
I threw a wedding party. The bride's son shows up, but leaves as soon as he arrives; and the bride didn't even show up.
Theorist
#998 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 6:24 AM
Since I usually turn off free wills, having Sims "do inappropriate autonomous actions" is not a big issue for me. It bugs me more when I ask the Sim to do something (e.g. take a shower), and they just stand still doing nothing for an hour before finally completing the task.
Test Subject
#999 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 8:37 AM
That sim moment when you find them swimming in the ground and not the pool. I kinda thought i had seen the last of that in 2. Haha
Site Helper
#1000 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 1:24 PM
You mean you thought they had gotten to be better programmers? There are obviously times where practice doesn't make perfect.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 40 of 321