Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 1:18 PM
Default The Newcrest Dynasty Challenge (Vampire)
Quick note: So I know that there is more than one ‘vampire’ fam challenge out there, but this one is unique because I’ve made it specifically to deal with my personal hell that is Newcrest, nothing drives me mad more than a whole damn empty neighbourhood so here we go.

The premise: Despite their power and immortality, the vampire race has been slowly dying out over the past couple centuries as the humans developed their societies and modern technologies. The vampires that are still out there are either a ‘no-name bloodborne’ or a ‘former livestock’, as even the majority of the noble vampire houses have slowly disappeared. That however, is about to change with the return of the last member of the Newcrest bloodline, who recently reclaimed their family’s land and is more than ready to bring their bloodline back to its former glory.

The Goal: Fill the entire Newcrest neighbourhood with a single vampire bloodline.

Set up: Create your vampire founder in CAS. Can be either male or female, but keep in mind that a child usually inherits the mother’s last name, so you might want to prepare yourself for changing names in CAS later on.

Move them into the biggest lot in Newcrest. From that point onwards you’re allowed to use the motherlode cheat twice in order to build a house suitable for raising a large family. After that however, you’re not allowed to use any more money cheats.

Start leveling up their vampire rank until they reach the top.

Gameplay:

The founder is not allowed to start having kids until they reach the top of the vampire rank as they need to pass down their ‘power’ (if you want some genetic realism consider picking a single power that every member of the bloodline should acquire in the future).

In the meantime the founder must look for potential partners to have children with. For that they must find a human and turn them into a vampire before having a child. They can only have one child per partner (exceptions in cases of twins/triplets). The partners may have been made vampires, but they are still ‘former livestock’ therefore they are not suitable to be married into the family.

Now this is where you have to make a choice on how you work around it. Newcrest has total of 15 lots, divided into 3 sections, 5 lots each, one of which is taken up by the founder. So, the founder can either have:
3 children, 1 per each sector. In this scenario each child will later have to follow the same steps as the founder and have enough children to fill up all the lots in their sector (so 5 grandkids per child).
14 children to fill up all the lots in a single generation: In this scenario every single child must still provide the bloodline with at least 2 vampire grandchildren. Each child still has to follow the same steps as the founder in terms of having children. However, only the founder needs to max out their vampire rank. The children (2nd gen) have to all reach level 3 rank and the grandchildren (3rd gen) must reach level 2 rank.

The vampire’s current partner is not allowed to move into the household and help with childcare. The vampire is allowed to hire services (butler, etc) if they wish to though. Each child much do the following before they’re allowed to move out:
Get A in school
Reach their respective vampire rank
Max out their Vampire lore skill
Have the Vampire creation power (and the family ‘power’ of your choosing if you decided to follow that route)

After the founder fulfilled their duty you can move onto the 2nd generation, however this time each child is only allowed to have one motherlode cheat to help them get started.
The challenge is complete after the Newcrest is filled completely with the Newcrest family’s 3 generations.

Extra info:
You can randomise traits if you want to, but personally I don’t really care. I would say if anything prioritise traits and skills that will help you with earning enough money to support the families. (You might want to keep the trait snob, for the sake of character).
The vampires are allowed to have a job as long as it's within evening hours. (Basically any job that starts after 4:00pm).

And I think that’s it. Do let me know how this challenge goes for you, if you decide to play it. It’s not the longest in terms of generations, but it does have a lot of kids per generation with several branches that you need to keep an eye on.