Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 1575 times.
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 5:53 AM
Romanov family*
@AndrewGloria as promised the creator feedback for the Romanovs, (It took longer than I hoped) I wasn't happy with what I had so just Nicholas and Alexandria for the moment *depending how long it takes to finish these two will determine if and when I get to the girls and or Alexi

Nicholas II and Alexandria Romanov last Czar and Czarina of Russia they were the parents of Olga Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia and Alexi Romanov, all seven were killed during the first war




Please I am open to any suggestions or correction so that they can be done, this way they can be uploaded once the bugs are out of the new upload manager

Unfortunately I could not find any could pictures of them looking straight forward that were clear
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 24th Apr 2021 at 8:26 PM.
Hello. Since English search responses could be little bit differ from those that appear in Russian searching, I try to find pictures with looking them forward.

Edit* Ok I attached few. If you'll need more, or decide to make whole their family, just ask me with mension.

Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 9:07 PM Last edited by sugoisama : 24th Apr 2021 at 9:07 PM. Reason: The smiley converted...
Idk how feedback threads like this go, so this might be useless feedback

But I think Alexandra Fjodorovna's face should be a bit more... plump? Like, the sim looks like she doesn't eat enough?
And her eyes maybe should have the outer corners a bit lower? And her lips too, the corners a bit lower so she looks more like this ": (", and the eyebrows' like, angle should be more to the centre (if that's even possible in the sims 2)?

Nyikolaj Alexandrovics looks nice though, maybe his nose could look a bit more up and expose his nostrils, but he's cool I think
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 5:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
Hello. Since English search responses could be little bit differ from those that appear in Russian searching, I try to find pictures with looking them forward.

Edit* Ok I attached few. If you'll need more, or decide to make whole their family, just ask me with mension.

Regards Vic ^_^



Thank you so much
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 5:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Idk how feedback threads like this go, so this might be useless feedback

But I think Alexandra Fjodorovna's face should be a bit more... plump? Like, the sim looks like she doesn't eat enough?
And her eyes maybe should have the outer corners a bit lower? And her lips too, the corners a bit lower so she looks more like this ": (", and the eyebrows' like, angle should be more to the centre (if that's even possible in the sims 2)?

Nyikolaj Alexandrovics looks nice though, maybe his nose could look a bit more up and expose his nostrils, but he's cool I think


That's actually very helpful, and good job, some of the stuff even I didn't see
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 5:22 PM
Default Olga Tatiana Maria and Anastasia
@AndrewGloria
So I wanted to see what happened if you mixed Nicholas and Alexandra's genes in CAS and the results actually weren't that bad,






Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 5:10 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 26th Apr 2021 at 6:16 PM.
Being almost face-blind myself, I'm not the best person to tell how close a Sim's face is to the original, but I have to say I think they're looking good. (Even real life people I tend to tell apart more by their hairstyles and the clothes they wear, than by their facial features. At university in German lectures I used to sit beside a girl called Lorna. Lorna was in the habit of changing both her clothes and her hairstyle with great frequency. I never dared to greet her with "Hello Lorna", in case it wasn't her. I always waited for her to speak first!) Do you think you will be able to do Alexi too?

Anyway,it is with great pleasure that I am able to announce that, at the command of Her Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, I am starting to prepare this house in the Bard Boulevard for the arrival of the Romanovs in Veronaville.
Her Grace is determined to grant them the safe sanctuary that the British Royal Family so singularly failed to give them. Of course we know that 80 Bard Boulevard doesn't begin to compare with the Winter Palace in St Petersburg (that would have to be a project for @Zarathustra!), but I think it compares very favourably with the "House of Special Purpose" in Yekaterinburg.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2021 at 9:21 PM
Default late update
Realized I never posted latest update of Nicholas and Alexandra (yes my sims look older than pictures, only forward ones I have so far)




Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th May 2021 at 4:36 AM
@Victor_tor probably, d you have any recommendations on what pictures to use for the girls?
Scholar
#10 Old 10th May 2021 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 10th May 2021 at 8:34 PM. Reason: additional notes
I found two, frontal face and side face, per each of royal family

I also made huge family, based on real persons, for this neighborhood. They are having 9 children there. I decided to put age deviders to all when was making. Feel free to use this tip if you find suitable:

children<15 years<teen<20 years<adult



Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 1:27 AM
Default Update
@AndrewGloria and Victor_tor

I ended up with sever sinus infection, but here is latest updates, no maria yet I also can't find a hair for her...I would like to use the one I have for Anastasia but then I have no hair for her Also Victor_tor thank you for pictures

I'll try and put up comparsions tomorrow









Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 12:49 AM
Good news, found a better hair for Anastasia so was able to start on Maria. Bad news somehow my Nicholas sim got deleted so had to start over but am almost at 50% how he was so



Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 5:36 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 12th Jul 2021 at 3:03 PM.
@AndrewGloria and Victor_tor I tried the hardest one so far is Tatiana she's similar to olga but also her look is unique

Olga



Tatiana



Maria


Anastasia


Nicholas


Alexandra


Any help/feedback needed....something beside the love button
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:31 AM
Can somebody help me finish this, I have no interest in it but would like to finish instead of wasting hard work and the time I put in
Scholar
#15 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 10:01 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 18th Jul 2021 at 8:44 AM.
Oh. Sorry for such a long responding. It takes some time to translate and find right meaning for words in my English vocabulary.
Tatiana and Olga are look too much similar. They were not twins, so I think you could change Olga. Her eyes are a bit bigger, closer to nose and I guess her nostrils are a bit upper.
I like Olga and Tatiana's hair.

Do you need any links for Victorian related content? I ve been collected them for another project. But I have no ever time and forces to finish it. So maybe you'll find it quite useful.
It's not autentic however and more edwardian:Isee females Romanov family were wear pearls. I think you should try this accessoires:
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 3:56 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 25th Jul 2021 at 10:15 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
Oh. Sorry for such a long responding. It takes some time to translate and find right meaning for words in my English vocabulary.
Tatiana and Olga are look too much similar. They were not twins, so I think you could change Olga. Her eyes are a bit bigger, closer to nose and I guess her nostrils are a bit upper.
I like Olga and Tatiana's hair.

Do you need any links for Victorian related content? I ve been collected them for another project. But I have no ever time and forces to finish it. So maybe you'll find it quite useful.
It's not autentic however and more edwardian:Isee females Romanov family were wear pearls. I think you should try this accessoires:
Regards Vic ^_^


@Victor_tor No problem and Ok I'll work on that today

The current dresses I use are WhattheSkell's Mix N Match shirtwaist dresses here




I was thinking of posting at the wishing tree on GOS to see if somebody could combine that skirt with this 3t2 All About Style’s Lace Trim Blouse by DeeDee here for the girls I like the shape of whattheskell's skirt better

I made an edit of what that could look like
Screenshots
Scholar
#17 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 18th Jul 2021 at 9:47 PM. Reason: Idea!
Have a look through Charitys creations. Maybe you'll find her separate skirt and blouse good. Her blouses are close to whattheskell's but absolutely different. It has plenty of pastel colours and puffed sleeves. And there is one stripe on the skirt bottom.

Oh, you can even try to ask her personally about conversion!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
Have a look through Charitys creations. Maybe you'll find her separate skirt and blouse good. Her blouses are close to whattheskell's but absolutely different. It has plenty of pastel colours and puffed sleeves. And there is one stripe on the skirt bottom.

Oh, you can even try to ask her personally about conversion!


@Victor_tor Yes I have those skirts by charity but the shape is odd, i'll probably ask about the conversion tomorrow.

Also do Olga and Tatiana have the same jaw shape? I can't tell
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 8:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief Managed
Also do Olga and Tatiana have the same jaw shape? I can't tell

Of course they have
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:28 PM
I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but, since I'm the one who wants the Romanov family in my game, I feel I really ought to offer to help. In addition, when I was posting the other day about "cars driving round Veronaville", I accidentally typed "czars driving round Veronaville"! I take that as a sign from somebody that I ought to be helping. And finally, I am instructed by Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, to offer whatever assistance I can in this matter.

Nicholas and Alexandra, and their daughters are already at a standard I honestly couldn't match. To be honest I'd be more than happy to have them in my game as they are now without further improvement. I think I'll leave them to you and Victor, since I don't feel I'd have anything helpful to offer. They're already better than I could do.

Where I hope I may be able to help is Alexei. I'll try to make him in Body Shop and then pass him on to you (or anyone else) to improve and complete. I'll make him as a teen since he was 13, nearly 14 when he died. I have made a start on him now. For the moment I'm really just using what I already have in game, but I'm sure you can improve on that. I have given him S1 skin since I feel that the Romanovs were light skinned. He is described on Wikipedia as having blue-grey eyes. I don't really have any CC eyes so I've just used the Maxis pale blue ones. I have a lot of CC hair suitable for teenage boys, but most of it is in the moderately long yaoi/emo styles that are popular amongst my Sims. One observer described Alexei's hair as auburn, and another said it was brown. I take it from that that it was a reddish brown shade, possibly shifting from more red to more brown as got older (as my sister's hair did). I have provisionally given him a hair by Newsea, which seems about the right colour. It's a little longer than he was wearing his hair in the latter stages of his short life, but I think it's a little like how he wore it when he was younger. The short hair in his latter days (prior to his captivity) is largely because, despite his youth haemophilia, he was serving as a soldier.

The next (and hardest) stage, which I think I'll start tomorrow, is to try to do justice to his face. The last known photograph of him, in a steamer (presumably a river steamer) heading towards Yekaterinburg with Olga, shows his face looking care-worn and old beyond his tender years. A few weeks later he was brutally murdered along with the rest of his family. By the time of his death he was wheelchair-bound. In turning him into a Sim, I'd like to portray him as he might have been a little earlier -- before hope was completely extinguished. I feel I have to do justice to this tragic boy (as you've already done for his sisters). Despite the passage of time, I still feel anger at the way this family was treated. The 103rd anniversary of their murder on 17th July 1918 was just a few days ago. I am sure the family did nothing to deserve their fate. Even Nicholas and Alexandra were at worst silly; they were never evil. (Though I suppose it has to be conceded that their silliness probably contributed to the deaths of many Russian soldiers.) The rest of the family (and their servants, who were also murdered) were completely innocent.

In doing this, I cannot help thinking about how I hope to see them before too long -- with life and hope restored, and granted the sanctuary in Veronaville, which Britain so cruelly refused them. I notice that the Romanov daughters all have the title of Grand Duchess. That means that Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, will be their equal in rank. I never thought of that when, some time ago, I decided to make Veronaville a Grand Duchy, presided over not by a Grand Duke, but by a Grand Duchess. (With the Capp family's rule of matrilineal succession, it has to be that way. Tybalt could only become Grand Duke if both Juliette and Hermia die without issue.) Unfortunately, if the Capp family are really the only ones who even approach being the equals of the Romanov daughters, there isn't much hope of matrimony there. Tybalt is married, Kent is in a committed (gay) relationship, and Hal is . . ., well, a little young! It's nice to be able to think of something amusing about this family.

The "bald" pictures of the Romanov sisters? I presume they come from Yekaterinburg. Not content with mistreating them, and then brutally murdering them, they had to humiliate them by shaving their heads too?! Sorry that I've got a little emotional in parts of this post. I find it impossible to be dispassionate about the fate of the Romanovs.

Anyway, it's taken me two days to write this post. Sorry for being so slow. I'm now starting work on Alexei's face. I hope I have something to show in a day or two.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:50 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:06 PM.
Default First attempt at Alexei Romanov
@Mischief Managed
Sorry for the double-post (unless someone else posts before I finish this one!), but I have a first attempt at Alexei ready.


I'm not really happy with him, but I'm not sure where to go next. Alexei has hair by Newsea, in a red-brown colour like people who met him described. He is wearing a sailor suit by deditalsheep. I attach a sims2pack file of him which includes the CC hair and clothing.

I'm dissatisfied for a number of reasons. The hair is red brown as people who knew Alexei described, but in his pictures (which are nearly all black and white) Alexei's hair looks darker. I'm not sure what to do about that. In nearly all his pictures Alexei is wearing a sailor suit or some sort of military uniform, but I doubt if he ever wore a sailor suit with shorts as revealing as these. Andrew might like 4 inch (10 cm) long shorts (Andrew owns a similar sailor suit), but I'm not so sure about how Nicholas and Alexandra would feel about their son wearing them! There were other, more modest, sailor suits on Dedital Sheep's website, but the download buttons there have stopped working. However I just found that digitalangels has reuploaded them all on SimFileShare, so I think I'll try redressing him in a sailor suit with knee length breeches, and see how he likes that. I'm not happy with his face, but I've just spotted a good profile picture of him that Victor posted in post #10 above, so I think I'll remodel his face to match that picture. Till now I've been using the pictures from his Wikipedia page.

[EDIT] I downloaded and installed this more modest version of the sailor suit from Dedital Sheep.
I can't see Nicholas or Alexandra objecting to him wearing that! I'll have another go at his face tomorrow.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip AlexeiRomanov_1.zip (2.08 MB, 1 downloads)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but, since I'm the one who wants the Romanov family in my game, I feel I really ought to offer to help. In addition, when I was posting the other day about "cars driving round Veronaville", I accidentally typed "czars driving round Veronaville"! I take that as a sign from somebody that I ought to be helping. And finally, I am instructed by Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, to offer whatever assistance I can in this matter.

Nicholas and Alexandra, and their daughters are already at a standard I honestly couldn't match. To be honest I'd be more than happy to have them in my game as they are now without further improvement. I think I'll leave them to you and Victor, since I don't feel I'd have anything helpful to offer. They're already better than I could do.

Where I hope I may be able to help is Alexei. I'll try to make him in Body Shop and then pass him on to you (or anyone else) to improve and complete. I'll make him as a teen since he was 13, nearly 14 when he died. I have made a start on him now. For the moment I'm really just using what I already have in game, but I'm sure you can improve on that. I have given him S1 skin since I feel that the Romanovs were light skinned. He is described on Wikipedia as having blue-grey eyes. I don't really have any CC eyes so I've just used the Maxis pale blue ones. I have a lot of CC hair suitable for teenage boys, but most of it is in the moderately long yaoi/emo styles that are popular amongst my Sims. One observer described Alexei's hair as auburn, and another said it was brown. I take it from that that it was a reddish brown shade, possibly shifting from more red to more brown as got older (as my sister's hair did). I have provisionally given him a hair by Newsea, which seems about the right colour. It's a little longer than he was wearing his hair in the latter stages of his short life, but I think it's a little like how he wore it when he was younger. The short hair in his latter days (prior to his captivity) is largely because, despite his youth haemophilia, he was serving as a soldier.

The next (and hardest) stage, which I think I'll start tomorrow, is to try to do justice to his face. The last known photograph of him, in a steamer (presumably a river steamer) heading towards Yekaterinburg with Olga, shows his face looking care-worn and old beyond his tender years. A few weeks later he was brutally murdered along with the rest of his family. By the time of his death he was wheelchair-bound. In turning him into a Sim, I'd like to portray him as he might have been a little earlier -- before hope was completely extinguished. I feel I have to do justice to this tragic boy (as you've already done for his sisters). Despite the passage of time, I still feel anger at the way this family was treated. The 103rd anniversary of their murder on 17th July 1918 was just a few days ago. I am sure the family did nothing to deserve their fate. Even Nicholas and Alexandra were at worst silly; they were never evil. (Though I suppose it has to be conceded that their silliness probably contributed to the deaths of many Russian soldiers.) The rest of the family (and their servants, who were also murdered) were completely innocent.

In doing this, I cannot help thinking about how I hope to see them before too long -- with life and hope restored, and granted the sanctuary in Veronaville, which Britain so cruelly refused them. I notice that the Romanov daughters all have the title of Grand Duchess. That means that Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, will be their equal in rank. I never thought of that when, some time ago, I decided to make Veronaville a Grand Duchy, presided over not by a Grand Duke, but by a Grand Duchess. (With the Capp family's rule of matrilineal succession, it has to be that way. Tybalt could only become Grand Duke if both Juliette and Hermia die without issue.) Unfortunately, if the Capp family are really the only ones who even approach being the equals of the Romanov daughters, there isn't much hope of matrimony there. Tybalt is married, Kent is in a committed (gay) relationship, and Hal is . . ., well, a little young! It's nice to be able to think of something amusing about this family.

The "bald" pictures of the Romanov sisters? I presume they come from Yekaterinburg. Not content with mistreating them, and then brutally murdering them, they had to humiliate them by shaving their heads too?! Sorry that I've got a little emotional in parts of this post. I find it impossible to be dispassionate about the fate of the Romanovs.

Anyway, it's taken me two days to write this post. Sorry for being so slow. I'm now starting work on Alexei's face. I hope I have something to show in a day or two.


AndrewGloria Thank you for the compliment and help, as for Alexei that's very thoughtful I had started to create him but then whasn't sure age 13 is in game a child or teen I'll try and get an update later yes
I was never quite sure what hair color to use as auburn isn't a choice in game. I agree on you with your thoughts and feelings and I had wanted to get these done by the 103 anniversarry but sadly life got in the way I love the plans you have for them in game.

As for the shaved heads that wasn't out of humiliation it was just prior (I think) to Yaketerinaburg all of the children got the measles (part of the reason they weren't evacuated to Crimea because Maria was so ill she nearly died) and had to have their heads shaved including Alexei I am including full picture below

(Left to right" Anastasia, Olga Alexei Maria Tatiana)

Another picture of the girls shaved heads and smiling
Screenshots
Scholar
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 6:42 PM
There could be awesome to prioritise those pictures as base because shaved heads gives you most of information about their genetics.
But then when you'll share pics with camparison, better to choose another with hairs.
Daang, I like them so much! Please, continue developing.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:26 PM
@AndrewGloria @Victor_tor
quick update here is my version of Aelexi
Screenshots
Scholar
#25 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 9:25 PM
He is good looks good

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Page 1 of 3
Back to top