Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:10 AM
Default WCIF a way to generate more townies
Is there a way to generate more and new Townies/Downtownies so I can have a different set of people visit the Community lots etc.?

(I'm on a Mac so only have EPs up to Bon Voyage).

Thank you
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 11:26 AM
Yes, you can do this by using the NPC and Townie Maker.

Enter debug mode- 'Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true'
Shift-click on your sim and choose Spawn> NPC and Townie Maker
Click on the object that appears and you will see a lot of options. You can generate townies or downtownies, even NPCs (although you should not generate more of these than needed as the game will not use them). Once you spawn a townie, click 'keep' on the gun to make the townie go off lot.
Turn of debug mode- 'Boolprop testingcheatsenabled false'

Beware- even if you click 'kill' instead of 'keep', the sim you generated will still exist in your neighbourhood! For this reason it's best to backup before generating townies, and instead of clicking 'kill' on any you don't like, instead consider giving them a makeover.

I can't remember exactly what the NPC and townie maker was like in earlier EPS, so it's possible the model might be different or the options not quite as I mention due to your earlier gameversion, but if you backup your neighbourhood first and have a try, you will soon figure it out.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:48 PM
I think that in NL (and possibly a few later EPs), the NPC and Townie maker was the creepy dead tree that came with NL and is visible in the back yard of the "House of Fallen Trees" and also inside the "Crypt O' Night Club" in the default Downtown.

With all EPs installed, the object is the ray gun that repo men use to seize your sims' stuff when the bills don't get paid. That object has been used for awhile - I don't remember which EP it started with.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Clashfan : 27th Sep 2020 at 6:29 PM.
Just a little more instruction, there are also options on the townie maker to select gender and age or to make downtownies. I would suggest a different method if you are trying to make vacation locals or tourists. As simsample said just keep everybody and write down their names. You can always use the simblender to transport them to a lot and change everything about them including their personality. One thing I do is I make sure I use the batbox to randomize the sim generator before I make any to avoid duplicate type townies, especially if you generated your initial set. If not you might end up with sims that look like twins but with different names walking about.

Finally, if you want to have really different townies/downtownies then make them yourself in CAS. Move them into an empty lot and then convert them to townies/downtownies either with the Simblender or with Argon's townie brick. I get weirdly specific and very anal about the way I add townies so this is the method I use, it takes longer but it satisfies the control freak in me.
Theorist
#5 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 6:04 PM
Nysha's body diversity mod and Mirablu's townies have glasses or beards mod are helpful as well when generating townies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:40 PM
Oh, and hats enabled for townies!
 Essential in my game, as well as the mods @CaliBrat mentioned.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 11:00 PM
There is also the other method where you make sims in CAS, move them to a lot and make each one a townie. This is what I do as I like to make my townies.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:17 PM
thank you all
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Beware- even if you click 'kill' instead of 'keep', the sim you generated will still exist in your neighbourhood! For this reason it's best to backup before generating townies, and instead of clicking 'kill' on any you don't like, instead consider giving them a makeover.

When is the sim placed into the neighborhood? Is it possible to quit to neighborhood/quit to desktop without saving to prevent certain sims from being created?

Also, do you mean the folders in "Neighborhood Templates" to be backed up?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 6:53 PM
The sim is in the neighbourhood as soon you instruct the NPC and Townie Maker to generate NPC/ Townie. They will be saved when you save the lot. Exiting to neighbourhood without saving will remove them just the same as exiting CAS does. I meant backup your neighbourhood, not the templates- I recommend to backup your neighbourhood before doing any operation that will change it in any way (even playing!).