Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:43 PM
Default My game won't seem to start anymore
So I just updated. I've tried to start the game three times, but all I get is a window at the top of my screen with the sims 4 thumbnail. I have gone into task manager and it says it's not responding. I have had to close it in task managed because it won't start ever since the update today. I tried clearing cache, and did repair game but that didn't help.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:45 PM
Remove your entire mods folder if you have any CC or mods. It should start up just fine, if not, repair your game, then try again. Seems there's some sort of package conflict with the new patch.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Remove your entire mods folder if you have any CC or mods. It should start up just fine, if not, repair your game, then try again. Seems there's some sort of package conflict with the new patch.

Nope, I removed the mods folder and still won't start.
Theorist
#4 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
Nope, I removed the mods folder and still won't start.

Repair game? Additionally, try right clicking on the game in Origin and selecting properties> disable origin in game.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:52 PM
Repair game? Additionally, try right clicking on the game in Origin and selecting properties> disable origin in game.

Well disabling origin actually worked. But that means I can't access the gallery or anything anymore...
Theorist
#6 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:53 PM
EDIT: I lied, you're correct. :/
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:02 PM
Mine wouldn't start either, till I moved my whole Mods folder to my Desktop. Is it usually a "game mod" that causes the conflict?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:07 PM
This is the solution from EA to prevent the problem. It's an issue with the newest Origin patch. You have to download the beta version, the instructions are in the link.
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:16 PM
My origin keeps saying it's updating every time I launch the program. But never prompts me to install it?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:26 PM
My loads but have to take out all mods cause all my beds go poof unless they are outdoor beds..lol Now get to remove all mods and add them one at time load and rinse and repeat til I found out what one is deleting beds.lol
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:35 PM
Thankfully... loading times.
My game wont launch either, however, I am certain my problem is due to mods. I'm going through them right now putting a few back in at a time.

THANK GOD The Sims 4 loads fast.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772
My loads but have to take out all mods cause all my beds go poof unless they are outdoor beds..lol Now get to remove all mods and add them one at time load and rinse and repeat til I found out what one is deleting beds.lol

My beds went poof as well, it seems that Shimrod's All Beds Same Energy mod is the one conflicting. Removing it worked for me, though I'm not sure which version I had. You should find all missing beds in your families inventories
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772

Shimrod's all beds same energy & comfort mod might be the culprit to that one. At least it was in my game.
Instructor
#14 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:00 PM Last edited by thesammy58 : 26th Mar 2015 at 9:22 PM.
Now I'm scared that this is going to happen to me in a minute.

Edit: Aaand it just did.

Edit again: The Beta update worked (yay!) and the game started, but now the game hangs at the splash screen and says "Not Responding". It started working when I removed my Mods folder.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Edit again: The Beta update worked (yay!) and the game started, but now the game hangs at the splash screen and says "Not Responding". It started working when I removed my Mods folder.

This file has been known to get people stuck at the splash screen: S-Club WM thesims4 Eyebrows14 F .package
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaspookaboo
This file has been known to get people stuck at the splash screen: S-Club WM thesims4 Eyebrows14 F .package

I do have a different set of S-Club eyebrows but removing them didn't do anything. Thank you for trying to help though!
I've figured out it's something in my CAS folder. I have 1,095 items in 75 folders.
Theorist
#17 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:44 PM
I do have a different set of S-Club eyebrows but removing them didn't do anything. Thank you for trying to help though!
I've figured out it's something in my CAS folder. I have 1,095 items in 75 folders.

I recommend doing it by sets of 10, and having a folder for potentials (which is where you'll leave culprits) and then a folder in mods for the safe ones. And rotate between the two and when you get a set that makes the game not work, remove 9 of them and go one by one adding them back in until you find the evil one. Or you could add them back in with sets of 4-5 but it might make it a bit harder to deviate which is bad.

EDIT: Noticed you have 75 folders, just place each folder individually, and see which folders mess you up and then do the above.
Instructor
#18 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:44 PM
Well, that was a pain the arse -___- I moved script mods to my desktop and it still didn't open, I installed the beta version of Origin and it still wouldn't open, I just moved my entire mods folder on to my desktop and now it seems to work. EA are useless.
Instructor
#19 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:46 PM
EDIT: Noticed you have 75 folders, just place each folder individually, and see which folders mess you up and then do the above.

Thank you! I'm going to do just that while trying not to bang my head on my desk.
Instructor
#20 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:57 PM
Thank you! I'm going to do just that while trying not to bang my head on my desk.

Same :/ It's like the mac custom content problem all over again -____-
Instructor
#21 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 10:04 PM
Figured it out! The conflicting CC was called Seashell pink long twisted top by Simply Siv.package
Inventor
#22 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 10:55 PM Last edited by stitch_too : 26th Mar 2015 at 11:32 PM.
ah, bollocks! looks like I'm gonna have to go through my mods folder, too. damn, blast and buggery! my game has been pissy with me all day. friend tried renaming mods folder, but I laughed at him for doing so.

EDIT:well, that was a complete waste of time. deleting stuff hasn't worked. game is still being pissy, by refusing to open.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Instructor
#23 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 11:31 PM
Found out what were causing mine to freeze:

S-Club WM thesims4 Eyebrows14 F .package
[pixelswirl] Nightcrawler 28 AF.package

And now I realise there's a thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551495 :')
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:50 AM
sometimes during a download of a patch, ts4.exe remains in running processes.
best thing to do is kill that process in the task manager and try again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#25 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:07 AM
Moving to Help. Please use Help for game issues and Discussion for actual discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.