Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 2:37 AM Last edited by newsteenfan : 5th Sep 2008 at 5:10 AM.
Default A little help with an end table please
So, I went through JWoods object creation tutorial and created my first table, that went well. I was so proud of myself that I figured I would try an end table for a set I'm working on.

Well, it showed up in game, but LOL, look.

Do end tables need to be rotated like armoires? I'm thinking not, because I rotated it a bunch of different ways and well lol you can see the result.

Also, what did I do wrong with my texture mapping for it to look all blotchy like that? I created a planar map and then a box map like the table tutorial, should I have done things differently?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:27 AM
Obviously, your table is not oriented correctly. Import a maxis end table and your mesh. Use the Maxis table as a guide to get it positioned correctly.

The texture looks like maybe you didn't put a new texture in. Poor mapping can definitely cause all sorts of ugliness, but this looks more like you have a texture that has no relationship to the mapping.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 5:09 AM
I did it!

I started from scratch and didn't rotate anything, and got it right. My first mesh! :D

Thanks for all your help.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 5:29 AM
Looks good. It is a nice feeling, isn't it?

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 6:34 AM
Yeah, lol. I can't stop now. :P
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 6:48 AM
Congratulations! First mesh, up and working! Well done :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 1:59 PM
Thank you.