Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drivable Hummer

by DBCAB Posted 29th Oct 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 15th Sep 2009 at 4:29 PM by -Maylin-

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 96 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Scholar
#51 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 12:46 PM
absolutely fantastic! thanks
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 12:54 PM
i love it thank you so much thank you thank you thank you thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 2:09 PM
I have been waiting for this one! (((((DBCAB)))))
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 2:21 PM
Beautiful work (as usual)! I love it and it works wonderfully in my game. Wheels look great...don't know what everyone is nitpicking about.

Clara Irene Duplago 12/9/29-6/7/05
Always a smile, instead of a frown,
Always a hand, when one is down,
Always true, thoughtful, and kind,
Wonderful memories she left behind~author unknown
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 2:42 PM
Then lets complain about the wheels to maxis
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 4:32 PM
Default recolors?
that is awsume but could you possibly make a recolur of that?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 4:36 PM
Thank you so much DBCAB! I have been waiting for the 4x4's forever. :clap: You have been one of my favorites ever since you.. "clears throat" enhanced the male default! (looks away innocently) I had all your decorative cars until NL came out. So I miss the blue Isuzu Rodeo (I think it was a Rodeo) you made. It was starting to look crazy putting 6 people in a 4 person car. I refused to get a minivan for any of my families! They are just not cool!

I figured I would praise you a bit for those who don't know your many talents! Bothering this man over some damn wheels. :insane:

Thank you again! Can't wait for the many solid color recolors & other 4x4's to come! (hint, hint) :bigwave:

"We're not snobs, we're just better than you!"
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 4:55 PM Last edited by Gnostic Dreamer : 30th Oct 2005 at 11:05 PM.
DB...Great job!!! I was waiting for this too. Thanx so much.

For all those critics, just how many of you have seen a real military Hummer...those tiny things are midgets compared to those for sale to the public...AND they have small wheels, not giants that are taller than me....ungrateful louts!!

um, yeah...my ex was in the military and used to drive one...there is only room for two soldiers in the front, and they are crammed in there...and the back has only room for one solder and some radio equipment...

The hummer in game is the Military style...not the huge monster truck that Aarrnold drives...sheesh people, give these awesome creaters a break and just appreciate the time and effort it took to create and upload their stuff.

DB...thanx again for sharing all your hard work...too bad everyone can't enjoy and appreciate what you do for all of us.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#59 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 9:06 PM
Thank you, DBCAB. I knew someone would make it -- I just didn't realize it would be so soon and so nicely done. Fantastic work.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 9:58 PM
looks fantastic and well done for getting the doors fully working i know Its hard to make the vehicles because i have tried myself and well didnt know where to start so well done and keep the good work flowing.

Cheers
Instructor
#61 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 10:18 PM
U did a great Job!!! I am very thankful for your efforts. =)

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:57 AM
Very good job! :nod: I look forward to seeing some recolors of this vehicle! :moose:
Field Researcher
#63 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:01 AM
I checked it out in my game and there are no issues with the wheels.Another thing,I also viewed the profiles of the ingrates crying and complaining and all but one of you that had a complaint hasn't made or posted anything on this board.Stop crying or don't download it.Thanks again DBCAB,and ignore the juveniles.

Welcome to The Machine
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·Pink Floyd.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 7:01 AM
leave him alone he mad it the way it iz so yeah

astro;zombie;;<3
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:42 AM
Escalades, Navigators, Explorers, Blazers, any 4x4's....bring 'em on!!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 12:24 PM
I played with it last night and its perfect! I was going to do a recolor, but it was running late and I had to go to bed. I may tonight, if there aren't any. Thank you again! Its my new favorite ride.
Test Subject
#67 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:52 PM
DBCAB I Figured Out Why Some People Are Complaining (Including Me) Srry If U Look At The Hummer Closely Or From The Front U Can See The Sims Doesnt Even Have His Hand On The Steering Wheel Dude Its Totally Weird Examine It In The Game And U Should See For Ur Self That Im Not Tryin To Be An Ass But Just To Help U Out That Way It Doesnt Look Weird Under Some Peoples Eyes And Yes I Did Download It Very Good Job But Yeah Look CLOSELY And U Should See The Truck Base Aint Goin Well With The Hummer Just A Helpfull Tip :-))

~SiM aDdIcTiOn~
Field Researcher
#68 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:31 PM
I love this! I think it looks fine just the way it is (looks like the carpool one to me).
Thanks!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Instructor
#69 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 2:24 PM
This looks great - thanks so much.
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:45 PM
can you please make recoulers like black red and stuff

http://www.ampache.org/ Is The Best Site For Music You Just Need To Send Beer To Him And You Have A Nice Site!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mc44741
DBCAB I Figured Out Why Some People Are Complaining (Including Me) Srry If U Look At The Hummer Closely Or From The Front U Can See The Sims Doesnt Even Have His Hand On The Steering Wheel Dude Its Totally Weird Examine It In The Game And U Should See For Ur Self That Im Not Tryin To Be An Ass But Just To Help U Out That Way It Doesnt Look Weird Under Some Peoples Eyes And Yes I Did Download It Very Good Job But Yeah Look CLOSELY And U Should See The Truck Base Aint Goin Well With The Hummer Just A Helpfull Tip :-))

I will be updating this soon so the wheels are larger, and fix the issue where one of his hands arent on the wheel, but if you wanted to give me a helpful hint you should have pmed me I just got to this message now, thanks.
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 5:33 AM
Just Tryin To Help :-)) !!!

~SiM aDdIcTiOn~
#73 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 7:16 PM
yes my favorite car now all we need are recolours like black or modded stuff like that
Inventor
#74 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 7:48 PM
My military sims thank you from the bottom of their erh... gun holsters...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gnostic Dreamer
DB...Great job!!! I was waiting for this too. Thanx so much.

For all those critics, just how many of you have seen a real military Hummer...those tiny things are midgets compared to those for sale to the public...AND they have small wheels, not giants that are taller than me....ungrateful louts!!

um, yeah...my ex was in the military and used to drive one...there is only room for two soldiers in the front, and they are crammed in there...and the back has only room for one solder and some radio equipment...

The hummer in game is the Military style...not the huge monster truck that Aarrnold drives...sheesh people, give these awesome creaters a break and just appreciate the time and effort it took to create and upload their stuff.

DB...thanx again for sharing all your hard work...too bad everyone can't enjoy and appreciate what you do for all of us.

I'm sorry there, but I have to disagree. Although it is a brilliant addition, the wheels are out of scale. Here's a pic of a Humvee:

The Sims 2 version has the slanted roof has a softtop, squarish shape. Now, I've rode in a HUMVEE, not a Hummer. Hummers are the civilian versions, and are have normal interior. The Inside of a regular HUMVEE is very sparse:

Therefore it can COMFORTABLY fit a large number of men. 4 are in luxury, 6 are Coach standard, and you can fit a couple of extra with a squeeze.
Page 3 of 4