Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 9:12 PM
Default Sims walk through closed door / door will not opened
Hi all,

i build a (medieval) double door gate for my new medieval collection based on the iron cemetery gate (I cloned the iron gate). I created a new mesh and a new texture. I inserted both with SimPE into the package and now i can place the new and ancient into a fence (alternative in my medieval wall). But now come the problem. My sims walk through the closed gate. The doors of the gate will not be opened. Could somebody tell me what's wrong. This gate is one of the latest items of my medieval collection and would be glad if somebody could help me.

Thanks, UK1967
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:43 AM
Please, attach your object package into your post, that makes helping a lot easier .
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:38 AM
Default .package file
Hi IgnorantBliss, here comes the .package file of my medieval gate.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  UK1967_Medieval_Gate.zip (476.2 KB, 7 downloads)
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:28 PM
This seems to be one of the objects where you need to take special steps to retain the animations. There are several ways of doing it, one of them being the Mesh Tool way. Those tutorials don't specifically include instructions for a gate, but it should work in a very similar manner for this object, you only need to check which part of the object is which number on the list. Seems to me like the gate frame would be the first one, the left door the second and the right door the third.