Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2007 at 12:16 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 17th May 2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Default "Application has crashed"
This is my first object and it looks quite good (in my opinion) but once I have placed it in game, I can't do anything with it. The hand tool doesn't appear when I hover over it, I can't delete it, use the design tool, sledhammer it, or anything. It's like you can see it, but itn's not really there. Please help! I don't know what I have done wrong
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 12th May 2007 at 2:18 PM
Do this: Open the object package in SimPE. Go to the GMDC and select the Groups tab. Click on the base subset on the list and then click the "Add to bounding mesh" link. Then select the top subset and do the same. Then commit and save the package. This should make them clickable .

I noticed you have two subsets in your object (the top and base), but they both use the same texture. Are you planning on mixing and matching different recolors for the top and the base part, or do you think you will always keep them the same color at a time? Because if it's the latter, I would combine them into just one subset, like "base", and delete the top subset from the GMDC, from the Parts tab in Shape, and also the MMAT, Material Definition and Texture Image for it. That would make the package smaller.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2007 at 2:31 PM
Thanks for the help. I purposely created two subsets for that very reason. I like the idea of being able to choose whether to have one colour for the whole object or different colours for the top and the base.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2007 at 4:21 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 17th May 2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Default "Application has crashed"
Okay, I have no idea what I have done this time, but when I am in buy mode, I can go as far as sufaces, but as soon as I click on end tables, a message pops up saying "application has crashed".
Help!

Thanks in advance
Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:19 PM
Did you do something else than what I suggested? Because when I did that and tested it in my game, it worked just fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:21 PM Last edited by cloudburst666 : 12th May 2007 at 5:27 PM.
Yeah, I did what you suggested, and it worked, then I was trying to make the shadows work (which they still don't), and then to be honest, I can't really remember what I did. If you know how to fix it I would be extremely grateful
Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:29 PM
You have deleted blocks in the Geometric Node, but you didn't edit the Datalist Extension Reference list to match the new number of blocks. Even if you remove some shadows, it's not necessary to delete them from the Blocklist in Geometric Node, easier to leave them there than to try to fix it. I suggest you go back to the earlier version of the object before you did the shadow editing, and remove the shadow meshes in GMDC (the ones you want to delete), and the corresponding subsets in Shape in the Parts tab, but don't touch the Geometric Node.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:40 PM
Thanks. I edited the Datalist Extension Reference and it works fine now. I'm going to make some recolours then hopefully upload it here
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: Problem solved