Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#151 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:16 PM
Thank FATE for the extension!! I've updated the site with the 2 latest entries - I can't guarantee I’ll be able to update everyday (the internet goes a bit funny here)

I can’t wait until I get home to do my shots! Well, I can, but that’s only because me and my Leeface have the house to ourselves until Friday! *Teehee*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:08 AM
Oh thanks for the extension, just came back from a lovely weekend in Paris and have not much time to do something today - but I will try and see if I can shot some pictures.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Forum Resident
#153 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:34 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 15th Jun 2010 at 9:59 PM.
sorry i did say i was going to put it on and no one said no..... now its off!!! Deffinatly harder then I thought
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#154 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:32 PM
Klarox: This is not the place to post that. If your looking for constructive criticism, post your pictures in the "Sim Pictures" thread, not here.
Test Subject
#155 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:11 AM
Default Round App -- Emotions
Sorrow

This one was..oh, I don't know..extremely difficult!
It was just so hard for me to appear sad...and I don't really think I do. I'm very disapointed in how bad this picture is..but all models learn from their mistakes, right?
Happiness

I adore this picture, I love it, love it, love it! I think this really shows that, well, I'm just like every other girl..just another all-american woman! And I like how they made it look like I was wearing little to no make-up, it was all very natural and very pretty! And my hair...gorgeous! I had no idea my hair could ever look so pretty!
Fierce

I don't know what to say about this picture..it's very..oh, I don't know..though, it was really hard to look fierce,I've always been told that I'm far too innocent (That's not what Tristan says, though!)
and that I look very sweet and..welll..innocent. So,how do I accomplish "fierce"? Well, I guess practice makes perfect...
Life On Set
Today on set..was,to say the least, interesting. It went a little rough...the photographer was having trouble understanding WHY I couldn't act like I was sad, but the only thing he did to help me was shout "C'mon, Heather! Act sad! No, no, not like that!"
Also, he went haywire on the make-up artist,a sweet,shy petite woman just because he added a tad too much make up! We had to wash it all off,but that was okay with me, I didn't really mind..but now.. I'm absolutely bone tired! I can't wait to climb in my warm,cozy bed tonight..Ahh... :3
Also, the hair stylist was such a sweet woman! She even explained to me how to make my hair like it was in the 'happiness' photo! Anyways..I'm going to bed!

Call me Maria(:
Inventor
#156 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:24 PM
site updated

I'm coming home today so I should be able to get started!
Test Subject
#157 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:03 AM
Sims is acting funny. Hopefully I'll be able to finish last round tomorrow.

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."
-Pride and Prejudice
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 10:57 PM
OK I have a question - ehmm - what does fierce really mean?

Contest results so far:
Test Subject
#159 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 4:28 AM
Did you ever watch America's Next Top Model with Tyra Banks she always talks about Fierceness and being Fierce in your photos. I'm not real sure my self but she usually says not to smile but to smile with your eyes. IDK just look fierce and tough like you own the photo shoot.
Forum Resident
#160 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 7:32 AM
I'm dropping out, sorry. :<
Forum Resident
#161 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:08 AM
awwww noel sorry to hear!!!! love dell though!!!
Inventor
#162 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 11:44 AM
Awh no! Your photos always look so professional, I was looking forward to your last round!

There was a change of plans and I only got back last night and i was super dehydrated and had the biggest headache of my life! (downing a 2ltr bottle of pepsi helped ALOT!)
So I'm gonna get started as soon as I post this!
Inventor
#163 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:09 PM Last edited by supersimoholic : 24th Jun 2010 at 8:44 PM.
Default Round III: 'Close-Up & Emotional"
Happiness

Feelings & Reflections
This shoot wasn't too hard as I'm a generally happy person anyway. Though, pink isn't really my ideal colour... But it was either that or yellow! Honesty, I think pink really suits me, as much as I hate to admit it.

Sorrow

Feelings & Reflections
Sorrow, sorrow, sorrow... My old friend. I used to be a very depressed person when I was younger. To be honest I had almost forgotten how to be sad after being so happy for so long, so doing this shoot brought back a lot of bad memories and the emotion in this image is quite real.

Fiercitude

Feelings & Reflections
When I hear "fierce", the words "strong", "proud" and "power" come to mind. The photographer and I went over loads of ideas about what to do with this shoot until we thought "Big Cats" they are just about the most fierce animals on the planet! I love cat's so this was great. Getting the right facial expresion was about ten times harder though, but I think I look pretty fierce.

Life on Set
This is the first shoot that I've had to get up early for. I'm not a morning person so thank goodness for make up! I thought my hair would be ruined after all the crap they put in it last round but they somehow managed to turn it into a masterpiece, as always! Today was great at first, but I did get a little over-emotional at one point, I'm just glad I didn't cry and smudge my eye liner. My favourite shoot today was definitely "Fiercitude" because I'm not really all that "fierce" in everyday life so it was nice to get a feel of it!
Inventor
#164 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:04 PM
For the last round does it have to be punkish, or can I go all out goth?
Forum Resident
#165 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:26 AM
in the rules is says gothy/ punk so I am guessing either??
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 4:32 PM
I will try to get my rounds in, I've been very busy lately and I haven't had time to sit down and think, let alone play sims. My rounds should be up later tonight or tommorrow. :D

MaydayParadexxx
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 6:49 PM
Wow! I'm finally done with Round 3........Round 4 still to come x

Sorrow

Its hard to be sad when your having so much fun! I had to have fake tears! The funny thing was I accidentaly got the liquid in my eyeliner and it dripped down my face, I kept it that way because I thought it looked nice or very sad :[ I don't really like this shot it was a little bit dark and the pose was hard to keep without my arm going dead.

Happiness

The Candy man can ohhhhh the Candy man can! I went for the sweet look with love hearts and candy colours. My lipgloss was so shiny and brightly coloured, amazing basically! I adore this shot because I love how innocent I looked and the background with all the hearts. In general this picture makes me go Awwwww!

Fierce

To be honest I have never smoked in my life - I can't stand it. It wasn't a real cigarette because I refused to use a real one! I love the glasses, earings, lipgloss and hair! In total the accessories cost £1,500, unbelivable! I've never spent so much money in my life! Luckily though the money wasn't mine! Hehe. This was above all my favourite shot, I looked like a Lion because I was soooo FIERCE!

Set Life:
Up at 8:30, ridiculous, to go to make up and hair. Next I met my photographer at the photoshoot which was amazing because it was a huge mansion! Lord Francis allowed us to use his manor on the condition we kept quiet. After 3 hours of taking photos it was time for lunch with my best friends Alex and Tiffany, roastie! With lunch done it was time for another 5 hours of picture taking but before that back to hair and make up! I finally got to the hotel at 11:25, my warm bed was waiting for me and so was a meal of chicken fillets. Yummy!!!!

Thanks for waiting guys!! Should have my Round 4 by tommorow or the next day :]

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 7:07 PM
I am sorry to tell you guys that I need to drop out - I am in the last weeks of my studies and I will have my final presentation before the exams board this friday. Before that I really have no time anymore, I would not have guessed that it would be so stressfull. So sorry

Contest results so far:
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 7:20 PM
Awww aba23 x Good luck in your exams anyway x I hope to compete against you in another contest x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Forum Resident
#170 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:41 PM
awwww aba!!! what is with everyone pulling out... come on poeple i want the next round in. Yes I know its not that easy but there is a time limit lol
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 2:32 PM
I don't mean to sound rude x But when can we expect our Rounds 1,2 scores to be up :] Thanx x Just so I can see how I am doing :]

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Inventor
#172 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 9:17 PM
Default Round IV: "Punk Rock"
Head Shot

Feelings & Reflections
We played around with make-up for a bit. The original plan was a lot heavier and more black, but it looked like we were making fun of the look, so we toned it down a bit (but not too much) and I love the end result!

Free Shot I

Feelings & Reflections
Because the first thing you think of when you hear the work "Rock" is an electric guitar! My husband was so jealous when I told him I got to handle one of these babies, he's been wanting one just like this for years.
I look seriously "Ready to Rock!"

Free Shot II

Feelings & Reflections
Most people who dress like this are heavily influenced by music, so we tried to capture that in this photo. We had some of my favourite music on and I just chilled with my eyes closed, danced a little, while the took pictures. I was a bit embarrassed but we had a few giggles.

Life on Set
I was pretty exited about today! I had many friends at Uni who dressed like this and I'd always admired the look, but was never confident enough to ware it - Now I'm getting my chance! the hair was my favourite part, I thought that the fake dreadlocks would be heavy but they were actually really light. After the shoot, we all went to a fancy restaurant, where we said our goodbyes. I can't believe it's over.

Why Should I Win?
This is a pretty hard question to answer without sounding big headed... I think we had high quality photos, we tried to be as original as possible and we did very little airbrushing. (I only used photoshop to sharpen the images)
I guess I could go all cliché on you guys and say "I want this so bad it hurts! When I'm out there in front of the camera the feeling is unexplainable!" Because it's true, just a little bit cheesy.
Inventor
#173 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
I updated the site and stuff, and I assumed that monstersteph also dropped out and just didn't say anything, or isn't able to carry on, but if she does come back then i'll just update the site again.

Not to be pushy, but when will we get the scores for the first couple of rounds?
Forum Resident
#174 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 5:55 AM
If I could answer these questions I would .... lol if it makes a difference ive judged right up to the last round
Test Subject
#175 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 5:13 PM Last edited by noteardrops : 27th Jun 2010 at 6:37 PM. Reason: Oopsy, I realize that we didn't need a bodyshot..
Headshot

This picture, I like it. It really displays how I actually FELT today. The "I'm so hurt...so broken..I don't give a damn anymore." The gum tasted horrible,and the make up was thick,but you know..I didn't really give a damn. What was the point of even doing this?
-_- Ugh.
Freeshot

I like this. It gives me the "I still wait by the phone for you to call" type of feeling..I just wish he knew that not a day goes by, you know? A little piece of him still remains. And the car..that was not the photographer's car. Faced to suck it up and work, the photographer needed a crappy car..and guess who had one? My ex-fiancé, and how convenient it was at my house. He always said he was going to fix it up. Well, I guess it'll remain as a modeling prop forever.
Freeshot

This was obviously the last shot we did..and I'm glad it was. I was really close to breaking down. Emotions aside; I liked this photo. It really shows that you'd do anything to get Them back.
Life On Set
The outfit was hot and itchy,the make-up ran onto the leather jacket and ruined it so we had to get a new one that was even worse,and my hair felt REALLY weird. They had put in bright red clip on extensions and then put that creepy headpiece thingy on top that reminds me of a mutant spider. As for the make-up again, it was far too heavy for my likings and the bubblegum-- yes,that is REAL gum-- was NASTY! The photographer was a huge jerk, and the make up artist kept on messing up and using her SPIT to clean it up! The hair artist would not get off her damned phone for two seconds, and to top it off, Tristan has officially broken up with me. I may be dubbed as cold and heartless from y'all, but these people are lucky I didn't blow up on them! -_- Can I go home now? No? Dammit.
Why should I win?
I don't know..I want it so bad, I do! I've worked hard for this, I've given it my best! I'm only a small town girl! I didn't even know photoshop existed til I had my first actual "big" professional shoot!
I came here to improve, and to show all girls that ANYBODY can make it in the world -- and if I don't win, I still tried, and maybe I can get another shoot because I tried..if I decide to keep on doing professional "city-style" modeling..because right now,sitting at home in sweats and no make up sounds real good..Can I leave now?
Thank you! -_-

*walks out*
Heather is such a drama queen..but she's my favorite sim!

Call me Maria(:

Page 7 of 10