Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 Apartment mod - Updated for patch 1.55 - 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 12:13 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:08 AM by ani_

250 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 132 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:01 PM
Very impressive!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:39 PM
You rock! Thanks for this mod as well as your other ones!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:59 PM
Marry me please
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 9:07 PM
Thank you so much. Thanks! Love it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#30 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 9:28 PM
Wow, what a clever idea! Looking forward to trying it out, thank you!
Scholar
#31 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 9:40 PM
[QUOTE=ani_The uni doors are used just so you can lock your neighbors out of your apartment. You could also use the MoDoor mod but it's currently not updated to 1.50 and I don't think it works if you have patched to 1.50. When it's updated, I hope it will work with this mod because that doors is better than what EA made. [/QUOTE]

I'm the beta tester for MoDoors. Although the Modoors are not officially updated for 1.50 yet, they still work with patch 1.50 on residential lots. I still use them. If you are not comfortable using them, then use the EA locking system, it does do a good job for apartments, but yes MoDoors is better Together with this mod, I have the apartments I want :D
Field Researcher
#32 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
What ever family name you decide to give them when creating the apartment family, will not change their real family name, it's just a name so you know what family lives in what apartment when switching between them. The name can be the same.

I'm not sure what LN apartment stuff you are referring at. The uni doors are used just so you can lock your neighbors out of your apartment. You could also use the MoDoor mod but it's currently not updated to 1.50 and I don't think it works if you have patched to 1.50. When it's updated, I hope it will work with this mod because that doors is better than what EA made.

reinmag: lovely to see you here

This is what I was referring to:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ms_3_Apartments

But by your response I'll assume the answer is, yes, you have to have the University Life expansion to use this Mod. I'll hopefully be getting it next week, so.. I'll wait til then to install it.

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 11:38 PM
I love you.
Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:10 AM
So, could I use this mod purely to stop the EA roommates from moving in when my sim lives in an apartment lot?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:34 AM
Thank-you so much for this; it's just beyond cool! (And thanks also for adding the video. It was really helpful.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:09 AM
WOW thankyou
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#37 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:47 AM
Now I can play multiple families. This so cool and awesome. Thanks ani
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 8:32 AM
Wonderfull! Does it work with the Master Controller? Best regards and thank you :-)

Hoffnung ist nicht die Gewissheit dass etwas gut ausgeht, sondern dass es Sinn macht, egal wie es ausgeht. (W.Havel)
- I try to translate - who finds errors can keep them ;-) :
"Hope is not being sure for a good end, but that it has sense, whatever comes."
Pic by ebekastein @ yahoo.co.uk
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 9:50 AM
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!!!! Thankyou Sooooooooo Much I Have Waited For This Mod For A Long Time!!!!! :
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 6:41 PM
Hi Ani, I have been waiting a long time for this great mod. Thanking for your work and for sharing.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#41 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:11 PM
Thank You!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:45 PM
This mod is AWESOME! You had a great idea :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 11:46 PM
*bows to you* Thank you so much!!! I've been waiting for this for so long!!! Now I can have extended family living together but not *together*. You are amazing. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 4:24 AM
Thank you so much! This is a magnificent mod and is *exactly* what I needed for a story I'm doing. Thank you!!!

I am having an issue that no one else has mentioned: After switching between households I no longer have the icons to switch between sims living within the same household. I have a plumbob above the active Sim but I am not able to switch to another member. I am also using Master Controller and Awesomemod. Perhaps there is something I'm doing wrong?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:03 AM
Gosh Ani. Don't you understand how I feel right now? You have made me the happiest girl alive right now! Thank you so much for this mod! ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiyasmom
Thank you so much! This is a magnificent mod and is *exactly* what I needed for a story I'm doing. Thank you!!!

I am having an issue that no one else has mentioned: After switching between households I no longer have the icons to switch between sims living within the same household. I have a plumbob above the active Sim but I am not able to switch to another member. I am also using Master Controller and Awesomemod. Perhaps there is something I'm doing wrong?

Could you please clarify? For example: You have apartment household A, and B. A has 2 sims and B has 3 sims.

When you switch to A, household B sims became inactive and are dropped from the list of sims currently in the household, and the only one now visible are household A sims and you can't switch between them?

I have both MC and awesome, have you updated them? Could you please try without any other mods, maybe something is conflicting.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 3:36 PM
I have a question... I use Selector and I'm wondering if after creating an apartment lot with 2 different families living there and one of them is my active family, could I right-click on a Sim from a completely different family (that maybe just lives in a normal house for example), switch to their family (like selector lets you), play them for a bit and then right-click on one of the previous Sims living in the apartment lot and have everything still be intact?

Basically, I want to know if the apartment system will "hold/stay in place" with the two families still living in their separate spaces, and be considered two different families etc. if I switch to a different household in the neighbourhood. Or will the families in the apartment disband/merge into one household..? Or, what happens?

Awesome Mod by the way! Thank you for creating this. ^^
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Could you please clarify? For example: You have apartment household A, and B. A has 2 sims and B has 3 sims.

When you switch to A, household B sims became inactive and are dropped from the list of sims currently in the household, and the only one now visible are household A sims and you can't switch between them?

I have both MC and awesome, have you updated them? Could you please try without any other mods, maybe something is conflicting.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I spent some time last night after this posting removing mods one at a time to see what the conflict may be without positive results, but

The issue I'm having is Household A (3 sims) and Household B (1 sim/1 dog). I will play with household A and "Toye" has the plumbob. She doesn't have a sim panel and there is no icon of her in the lower left side of the screen. Nor anyone in her household. I can direct her to do things, but I can not see her motive levels and I can not switch to another in her household. I switch to Household B and the plumbob is over the dog (Starla). I can direct her to do animal things, but I can not switch to her master (no icon in the left corner) and I am unable to see her motive panels.

This is an amazing mod though so I'll try a fresh game without any mods and see if that was the problem. This is the first issue I've had since installing Uni on release day, so it could very well be an issue with the game itself just deciding the glitch out.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:02 PM
I will download and try! Sounds amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:13 PM
I dont think you know how much I NEEDED THIS in my sim gaming experience!! Thank you soo so so much! <3
Page 2 of 11