Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biology Career

by Neia Posted 12th Aug 2016 at 1:27 AM - Updated 6th Jun 2020 at 3:39 PM by Neia

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 61 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:08 PM
I can't wait to try out all of you custom careers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 7:56 AM
This is Amazing! Please do a Builders Career perhaps, involving the Handiness skill! Or maybe a Firefighter like in Sims 3!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 9:53 PM
Is this like get to work careers where you follow them to work o is it like the other careers where you stay at home?
Test Subject
#79 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:10 AM
I made Chinese Traditional translation for both biology and education career mods!
I don't know how to thank you for these brilliant mod creations, so I simply localized them!(poor english sorry)
Here they are!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Neia_Biology_And_Education_Zh.rar (5.8 KB, 40 downloads)
Description: There are both Biology and Education career translations.
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 6:20 AM
Default Pharmacy Career
i love this career the only issue i've had is the pharmacy branch. If you go higher up you end up not having any days off is there anyway it can be changed? i've been using cheats to create more vacation days. i also think the pay is a little too much, i wish it was like that in real life, i'm a pharmacy tech it would be nice to get a couple hundred dollars/ hour Thanks
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th May 2017 at 2:34 AM
I am also having an issue with the Pharmacy Career. My Sim is at level 6 and one of his Promotional Tasks is to achieve level 3 in the Handiness Skill. He is already at level 10, but the task requirement has not been met. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the career or if my Sim is glitched.

eta:
I had him quit his job and than had him take the job again. He is currently at level 5. I will report back and let you know if the issue is resolved. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 11th May 2017 at 4:57 PM
The best career ever!!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:16 AM
Hi, receiving errors with this mod after May 25th Patch. Hope it can be fixed as its a great mod!! I use all of your career mods but havent checked if military, education or freelance are impacted yet.
Whenever Sim leaves for work - they dont actually leave. Just stand on sidewalk. Career performance doesn't do anything either. Error appears at the start of work day and again at the end.
This is what is in the error log (this error is from end of day):
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-27 11:01:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>away_action_tracker.py:171</categoryid><desyncid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 332, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 115, in interaction_start File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2200, in attend_work File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3153, in start_tones File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 171, in create_and_apply_away_action TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable </desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-27 11:01:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_base.py:3198</categoryid><desyncid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception hard-stopping element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'runtime_commodity') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 332, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 115, in interaction_start File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2200, in attend_work File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3153, in start_tones File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 171, in create_and_apply_away_action TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 617, in _stop_element_tree File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1077, in _hard_stop File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1086, in _call_finally File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 128, in interaction_end File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2218, in leave_work File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3198, in end_tones_and_get_hours_worked AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'runtime_commodity' </desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-27 11:11:08</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>away_action_tracker.py:233</categoryid><desyncid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 234, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 1950, in _end_work_callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2218, in leave_work File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3191, in end_tones_and_get_hours_worked File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 233, in remove_on_away_action_started_callback ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list </desyncdata></report>
</root>

Thanks again for all your mods and contributions - love them!
Test Subject
#84 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:23 PM
I was just going to post that I'm having the same issue. All of your custom career mods - Biology, Military, Education, and Self-Employed (all 3) - seem similarly affected. I'll also add that when they leave for work they don't actually leave and just stand on the sidewalk as korinalea said, AND their profile picture stays greyed out as if they are gone at work. You can still order them to do things around the house and take care of needs, but not much else. Going to Manage Worlds and then returning to the lot "fixes" it as the affected sim will no longer show have the greyed out profile, but then it also "removes" them from the job - when you look at the career panel it says they have no job.

I hope you're able to fix things as I really enjoy using your custom career mods. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:48 AM
So cool!
Test Subject
#86 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by korinalea
Hi, receiving errors with this mod after May 25th Patch. Hope it can be fixed as its a great mod!! I use all of your career mods but havent checked if military, education or freelance are impacted yet.
Whenever Sim leaves for work - they dont actually leave. Just stand on sidewalk. Career performance doesn't do anything either. Error appears at the start of work day and again at the end.
This is what is in the error log (this error is from end of day):
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-27 11:01:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>away_action_tracker.py:171</categoryid><desyncid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 332, in _run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 115, in interaction_start
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2200, in attend_work
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3153, in start_tones
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 171, in create_and_apply_away_action
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-27 11:01:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_base.py:3198</categoryid><desyncid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception hard-stopping element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'runtime_commodity')
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 332, in _run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 115, in interaction_start
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2200, in attend_work
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3153, in start_tones
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 171, in create_and_apply_away_action
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 617, in _stop_element_tree
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1077, in _hard_stop
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1086, in _call_finally
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 128, in interaction_end
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2218, in leave_work
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3198, in end_tones_and_get_hours_worked
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'runtime_commodity'
</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-27 11:11:08</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>away_action_tracker.py:233</categoryid><desyncid>b663e3467056354a5928cc59</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list)
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 234, in _run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 1950, in _end_work_callback
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2218, in leave_work
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3191, in end_tones_and_get_hours_worked
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 233, in remove_on_away_action_started_callback
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Thanks again for all your mods and contributions - love them!

I am also getting this error currently for the Biology career. I have yet to see if the Military career is affected as he hasn't started his job yet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cktheodor
I am also getting this error currently for the Biology career. I have yet to see if the Military career is affected as he hasn't started his job yet.

I've posted an update, are you using the latest version ?
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia
I've posted an update, are you using the latest version ?

Yes I downloaded this for the first time 2 days ago.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cktheodor
Yes I downloaded this for the first time 2 days ago.

That's odd, I just did the test, downloaded the version from MTS, and everything worked fine. Could you send me your LastException.txt ?
Test Subject
#90 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia
That's odd, I just did the test, downloaded the version from MTS, and everything worked fine. Could you send me your LastException.txt ?

Forgive me if this is wrong, first time I am attaching a file to a post.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (3.3 KB, 31 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:40 PM
That's perfect, thanks a lot !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 6:04 PM
Hi,
I loved using this career, but unfortunately since the last update, it no longer works, I loaded a lot where one sim had this career and suddenly she has no job. In the previous version she just stayed on the sidewalk although showing as gone to work. I know this must be hard work to produce and so I will not go on about it, I just thought I'd let you know and say thanks for sharing your great work.
cheers,
bj :-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bjazz
Hi,
I loved using this career, but unfortunately since the last update, it no longer works, I loaded a lot where one sim had this career and suddenly she has no job. In the previous version she just stayed on the sidewalk although showing as gone to work. I know this must be hard work to produce and so I will not go on about it, I just thought I'd let you know and say thanks for sharing your great work.
cheers,
bj :-)

One of my mod update has reinitialized progression some time ago, it was a one time thing for improved compatibility. You can use careers.promote Biologie to cheat.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 8:35 PM
Hi Neia,
Thank you so much for your quick response, But I don't understand what you have instructed me to do? which mod update do I have to have installed for the biology career to work properly, and is this a cheat that you have to type in the cheat console
'in-game'. I am sorry for not understanding. I only had the education and biology careers installed and the problem happened with both those files loaded.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Bj :-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bjazz
Hi Neia,
Thank you so much for your quick response, But I don't understand what you have instructed me to do? which mod update do I have to have installed for the biology career to work properly, and is this a cheat that you have to type in the cheat console
'in-game'. I am sorry for not understanding. I only had the education and biology careers installed and the problem happened with both those files loaded.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Bj :-)

You should use the latest version of the careers, the ones that are from July, 19th. I made a change to all my careers in May or June that caused the game to consider them as new different careers than previously, so progression was reset and Sims lost the jobs. The cheat is indeed in-game in the cheat console, in case you don't want to do it again, if your Sims was at a high level, but you can join the career again and level normally if you want too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:54 AM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:51 AM
is this compatible with the latest patch?
Field Researcher
#98 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:45 AM
Quote:
New update : bug fix for the save error
Update available for 1.36.99.1020 (November/Pets patch) !

So, this new update, it is updated for latest patch (Update: 11/15/2017 PC 1.36.104.1020) and Cats & Dogs Ep, right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
So, this new update, it is updated for latest patch (Update: 11/15/2017 PC 1.36.104.1020) and Cats & Dogs Ep, right?

It works with the latest patch yes, there wasn't any update needed for 1.36.104.1020
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:59 AM
Hey! Sorry this might be dumb of me but can I only put 1 of your careers in my game or can i download and put all? Because all of them has career_commons and I'm not sure if all will conflict if i put them all in one folder
Page 4 of 5