Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default Sims 3 won't open
I uninstalled the sims 3 to make more space on my C drive, now that I have more space I wanted to install it again. It installed without any problems, but when it came to opening the game it just won't start. I tried restarting my computer, downloading some cc to see if it would open up, start as administrator. I tried searching up the problem but they were all connected with Origin in some way but I don't use it. (And would rather not use it if I can)

I also noticed that when I find the file location it goes Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin
I don't have a very good memory but I remember there was never a game or bin.

Please help, thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 12:18 AM
Not sure I am understanding correctly. Is this an install from disks? If it is and you don't want origin -then simply do not let it install on your computer. With a disk install you should be able to bypass the launcher by going to Program Files(86)>Electronic Arts>Latest expansion you have>Game>Bin and there you will see an application for the expansion you have and clicking it. You may also wish to get the super patch if you are using only disks.

I do not know how to address problems with an online install through Origin(not sure you can bypass that either). Perhaps someone else can help you if your version is online via Origin.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathy_SR
I also noticed that when I find the file location it goes Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin
I don't have a very good memory but I remember there was never a game or bin.

Every installation of TS3 has the executables within Game\Bin -- that includes Disc, Steam, Origin, even the Mac version. What's different among them is the path one has to take to find that structure. But this is all within Program Files (x86), not an area where players should usually be looking around on any kind of regular basis unless they are doing one-time tasks like adjusting the sgr files to force graphics card recognition or replacing a base game or EP world with a fixed version.

What most of us who can use a Launcher bypass do is shortcut the correct executable, so that should be TS3w.exe (with the "w" for Patch 1.67) and place that shortcut somewhere much easier to reach like on the Desktop so we don't have to keep digging through all that to look for it. The structure of the The Sims 3 user game folder in Documents is very different, but that's not where the game's program files are.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting your game running again, but there being a deep path through Program Files (x86) to the game's executable files is not the sign that something is wrong.