Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 11:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sims showering/bathing with clothes on
So, this is pretty self explanatory, but I'll try to clarify since I don't think this is some known issue from as far as I've read about. When my sims go to shower or bathe, they spin around to undress, but don't actually undress. They just stay in their outfit they had on before using the shower (i.e, they were still in formal or everyday outfit).

So, I read online and saw that it was supposed to be bad CC. So I checked everything CTU, and even through the package editor just to be sure. Nothing was ticked to be on naked outfits save for a few, and unistalling these did not fix the issue. So I thought that maybe it was because of one of the custom lots that I downloaded. Uninstalled one at a time, and fired up the game to check after each reinstallation. Didn't work, still happening. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game. Didn't fix it at all.

I don't think it's "bad CC", because if it were that, they'd be changing to their nude outfit, only that it has clothes on. Easy to deal with because I can just use MC to go into CAS and fix it. It's not even that, they're literally not using their nude outfits when they shower. In attached images, you can see a sim I pulled out from the premade households bin having this issue. Literally no CC included in their outfits whatsoever, and it's still happening to them.

So I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 2:12 PM
What are theirs traits? If they are "never nude" or "insane" that would be the easiest explanation...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
What are theirs traits? If they are "never nude" or "insane" that would be the easiest explanation...

So, I used the Martinez family from the bin of premade families you get with the base game to field test any fixes and of course to document the problem. Neither of them have those two traits, and I never use those specific traits on my own sims. So no, it's definitely not that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 2:46 PM
In my experience, when this happens I only have to go into MC one time when each sim is supposed to already be in their Nude outfit and adjust it back to an actual nude top and bottom (and barefoot for shoes). Then it stays fixed, meaning this doesn't happen again the next time they shower. I can't see what inactive household sims are wearing in their showers in the privacy of their own homes unless my sim is a guest there or I have the lot force opened to watch them for some other purpose, but I don't really care if I don't have to see it. I don't think this is a CC thing necessarily, just some sort of timing mishap between the game itself and a mod or two, possibly one of CmarNYC's. Or it may even happen to players who have no mods.

I take it though the issue is more persistent than a one time each sim basis on your end?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
In my experience, when this happens I only have to go into MC one time when each sim is supposed to already be in their Nude outfit and adjust it back to an actual nude top and bottom (and barefoot for shoes). Then it stays fixed, meaning this doesn't happen again the next time they shower. I can't see what inactive household sims are wearing in their showers in the privacy of their own homes unless my sim is a guest there or I have the lot force opened to watch them for some other purpose, but I don't really care if I don't have to see it. I don't think this is a CC thing necessarily, just some sort of timing mishap between the game itself and a mod or two, possibly one of CmarNYC's. Or it may even happen to players who have no mods.

I take it though the issue is more persistent than a one time each sim basis on your end?

Yeah, it's pretty persistent. I use MC to go in and change their outfit, but it just takes me to the default outfit. No nude top/bottom included, because they literally don't change outfits when they shower/bathe.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 3:39 PM
Oh. I actually get them in their Nude category outfit, it's just that the outfit is all wrong and often the same as Everyday or whatever they were wearing to begin with. Strange...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So let me get this straight. You uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game... BEFORE you try a clean run?

Dude. Rename your TS3 user folder to a backup name. Run the game and it will create a new user folder. Test and confirm the problem.

Alright, so I did this, and yeah, it was definitely something in the mods folder. First thing I put back in after doing a clean folder. So now it's just narrowing down which mod is causing it, or if it's just because there were too many mods.