Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 8:34 AM
Default How to take a good front picture?
One of the reasons my last upload was rejected was that front image was taken from too high an angle.
Looking at the pic I can't disagree... but I have no idea how to do any better >_<

I've read the screenshots basics guidelines but I can't find anything about it.
If I want to take the whole front I need the roof, and to get the roof in the pic I need to get as high as the roof level.

How do you do guys?
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 9:43 AM
Amura, your lot has not been Rejected, just marked as Changes Required, and not just for the front image

After putting it into cameraman mode (Tab then R) I use a combination of the Q & E keys on the keyboard and the mouse to position the building until I am looking at the front door, as if to enter. Use Q till you are looking at the front door face on then adjust the zoom by using the forward (W) and back (S) keys until you can fit your whole house into the image taking area, like the example image below. It does take a little practice.
Screenshots

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:34 AM
Sorry for using the word "rejected" if it did not apply. Did not mean to sound upset or anything like that.
(And I know it's not the only reason, as I said in the first post, it's just that I have questions about the others which are staff-related and this is the one which required me to learn something I still haven't.)

Thank you very much for the tip.
I guess I always use the mouse instead of the keyboard and that's why I don't get good results. I'll give it a try and probably ask for further feedback on my pic.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Sorry for using the word "rejected" if it did not apply. Did not mean to sound upset or anything like that.
(And I know it's not the only reason, as I said in the first post, it's just that I have questions about the others which are staff-related and this is the one which required me to learn something I still haven't.)

Thank you very much for the tip.
I guess I always use the mouse instead of the keyboard and that's why I don't get good results. I'll give it a try and probably ask for further feedback on my pic.
No problem, Amura

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:58 AM
Took me a bit of work indeed. I think I still need more practice because I'm not really sure how I did what I did ^^;
But at least I got a pic which seems more or less ok. Or should I try to zoom out a bit more?
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 2:44 PM
Great image, well done :D

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:13 PM
Thank you for teaching me
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:07 PM
If you zoom out anymore you'll get too much street. I wound up having to crop a lot of street out of my pics for Widespot - I never did get the hang of it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)