Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#176 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:25 AM
Tiggerypum, you truly have the patience only a moderator could have. After like the thrid post of "My sims are cold, grey and falling..." I was literally screaming at these people. So loud that my cat kinda fell off my keyboard.Lol. Good luck with this! Thanks for the awsome tutorial!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 1:19 PM
Woo!
So cool!
This is the first tutorial I have followed that actually works! Thanx!
Test Subject
#178 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 9:13 PM
I downloaded a few new CAS! screens, but I am not sure where to put them. Right now they are in my Downloads folder.
Also is there a way to choose which scene I want to use to create my family(s) once the game is open?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#179 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 9:42 PM
BlkParader - CAS screens do go in your Downloads folder but you should only have one in there at a time (or, well, one CAS screen and if you have University you can also have one YACAS screen as well, but only one of either type). You can make yourself a folder elsewhere to keep the other ones you download if you want to be able to switch but you'd need to physically move the files before loading the game, and there's no way to have multiples and choose in-game which you want to use.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#180 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 11:24 PM
Alright, I know this has been dragged through the mud over and over but I have a few questions concerning Seasons and Pets.

First, I have all the eps and stuff, excluding Holidays. So do I need to uninstall Seasons and Pets before doing this? Then do I use the CAS package for Bon Voyage or Teen Stuff? I'm not too concern about Teen Stuff since I just downloaded it and don't plan to use any content from the expansion.

Also, I want to use CC so can I put my whole Downloads folder in like normal and run without Season or pets? Will this cause a crash if content requires those expansions or will they just not show up?

Thanks!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#181 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 3:49 AM
lilmonkeygray - follow the links for basegame starter or the other game thing. You do not need to uninstall seasons, but you must learn how to run a game w/o it.

Secondly, you should be very selective about the content you use. First, it must be freely shareable and obtainable - so you will have to check the creator's policies. Secondly of course, you don't want to force folks to get 100 downloads just to use your CAS... So just keep track of every special item you use in it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#182 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 12:46 PM
Thanks tiggerypum! I don't plan to upload the CAS. It's only for me that's why I asked about CC. I also read on the basegame starter but wasn't really sure if I wanted to use it.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#183 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 2:01 AM
lilmonkey - Well you do need to learn how to use one of the 'starters' if you have seasons installed. Or your sims will freeze to death while you're making them. Fairly unpleasant.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#184 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 4:54 PM
Thanks tiggerypum! Yea, I read all through this thread to know that I don't want to make a CAS with Seasons. I like my Simmies too much!

I'll definitely give the starter program a go. I'm a little nervous about downloading another program on my computer since I have so many already for the sims. Oh, well! I can't learn unless I try.
Test Subject
#185 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 11:39 PM
Slow as a turtle fast as a bunny!
Just like a turtle i was slow i dident no what to do then i finaly understood this and now im fast as hopping bunny thanks for the awsome Tutorial
Test Subject
#186 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 3:47 AM
Question about the Seasons expansion pack. I thought that Sims couldn't freeze if they were in a building with a roof--if the CAS! building had a roof over it, would you still need to run the anygamestarter?

Please. DON'T ask me who Frazier is, or I'll hurt you.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#187 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 6:18 AM
I believe it's still problematic, although I'm not certain of that. Certainly the recommendation is to create them with the anygamestarter, as it will save you a lot of hassle.
Test Subject
#188 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:15 AM
Thanks for the tutorial - it was very helpful.
I like quite a few other had the problem with Seasons and sims freezing in CAS (and putting a roof over the CAS house didn't help).

I thought I might mention when you use the anygame starter with step 2, you will need to copy the CAS!.package into the anygame folder NOT the normal EA games one. You should be able to find it a folder named "AnyGameStarter" in your documents folder and then you can continue with the rest of the steps. It should show up in the lots and houses bin ready to modify. I couldn't find it at first until I realised I was looking in the wrong area. Hope that helps anyone else who was stuck. :D
Test Subject
#189 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:58 AM
Okay, I downloaded basegame but have not installed just yet... I already spent the past 6 hours making a very pretty CAS, but clearly I made it with Seasons et al installed (up to and including BV). Do I have to remake my CAS, or should installing basegame and then re-saving the CAS be sufficient? In other words, do I have to go through all that work again once I install basegame?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#190 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:24 AM
moonlightgdess, I believe you have to remake it. You will also need to be selective about what content you're using in it. The good news is that it should go faster, as you'll have a good idea of what you want -- you could take a couple of screenshots of your cas to use as a guide.

Test Subject
#191 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:53 PM
Thank you so much for this! I'm going to go try it out now and see if my CAS worked [; Thanks again.
Test Subject
#192 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 3:33 PM
No title sorry.
HEY.
I made a CAS screen a bit ago (sadly I can't remember exactly!!) but I did it without the basegame starter.
Today I re-did the tutorial with the base game starter my my new CAS screen hasn't shown up but my old one has and my sims are still freezing to death!
What and how should I get this to work properly?
HELP!!!

thanx
heatherbam12 x
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#193 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 6:05 PM
Basegame starter creates a separate game area for your game. Once you make your new items with it - you need to move your finished work into your full game. (You also need to delete your old CAS replacement from your main game)

Test Subject
#194 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:47 PM
This tutorial is great, very helpful.
But does it work with freetime? Because everytime I make a new neighbourhood and edit the cas, then exit the game, I get like 10 lots in that new neighbourhood and I've tryed copying them one by one to downloads to try and find which one is my cas, but all the time I get a blue screen instead of my cas!
What should I do?
Test Subject
#195 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 11:31 AM
but...
I have no EP nor SP, only the base game. Will it work for me??
Test Subject
#196 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM
my computer says everytime i try to rename my file to CAS!.package that i all ready have a file named that. what do i do??/
Test Subject
#197 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:54 AM
Hi everybody! Thank you so much for this tutorial, it's always more fun when you can have everything customized by yourself!
But I have a problem, I installed The BaseGameStarter because I have all the expansions 'til Seasons, and started the game up to Glamour Stuff. Everything was fine 'til I reopened the game to place the CAS house on the neighbourhood, but only 2 houses show up! A Ranch and a Mall! nothing else! What did I do wrong? Can someone help please! Thanks!
Test Subject
#198 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 12:02 AM
I have a problem,
I downloaded the BaseGameStarter since I have seasons,however,it says whenever I click on the shortcut:

Sorry,Search cannot find C:/Documents please try again.
Please help.

Thanks
/ScientificXxX

/ScientificXxX
Test Subject
#199 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:17 PM
Default Hi
This tutorial is the best 'How to Make CAS!' tutorial I've read! And trust me, I've read about 30-50 of them. And none of them worked. And I did what this tutorial said, it worked! I was sooo happy that I did a IMadeCAS!HappyDance! Thank you VERY, VERY, VERY much!

Photography, forever, and always.
My cat, Chii, forever, and always.
The Sims, forever, and always.
Test Subject
#200 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 2:52 AM
I made a custom cas that looks quite nice the only problem was I had seasons and I ended up with the sim-freezing-their-butt-off glitch I then read more closely and got the "Any Game" including all the EPs I have but Seasons... (this includes University, Nightlife, Bon Voyage and Open For Buisness) I sure hope theres no problems with any of those

Anyway, I was wondering if theres any way I can like.. convert my already made cas into the the Any Game and then back to my game to get rid of the glitch? Of do I Just have to make a new one? Either way how do I make a custom cas using Any Game???? This is my first time with making a cas so please help ... lol I'll love you forever if you do :lovestruc

*edit* Oh yeah I have no SPs either
Page 8 of 11