Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Derelict Dreamhome - Starter for the Brave - now in Seasons version too!

by aelflaed Posted 14th Jan 2008 at 10:30 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2014 at 10:06 PM by Phaenoh

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 8:57 PM
When I moved my Sim in, when the neighbors showed up, they all pitched in and helped and pulled weeds and disposed of a few things, and a couple of them even ate the expired food. Was fun though.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DAWUSS
When I moved my Sim in, when the neighbors showed up, they all pitched in and helped and pulled weeds and disposed of a few things, and a couple of them even ate the expired food. Was fun though.

you know, that happened the first few times I tested the house, but recently, the neighbours don't seem so keen. They still eat the smelly food though.

And it's a different neighbourhood, so they aren't the same neighbours! Word must have got around.
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:23 AM
I love this house, and the idea of this challenge. I think I have the perfect place for the "winner" of my Asylum challenge to move into after she gets out.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#54 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 2:42 AM
PearlRose, isn't that a bit harsh? Your poor sim - out of the pot and into the fire! Hope they get some therapy.
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
PearlRose, isn't that a bit harsh? Your poor sim - out of the pot and into the fire! Hope they get some therapy.
I actually like her a lot, so this gives me an excuse to play with her some more.

Her natural hobby is tinkering, so maybe she won't hate me too much?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#56 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 3:04 AM
Well, you know your sim! have fun.
Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:31 AM
This is still my favorite lot! I have so much fun deciding how I will redo each time I play it. Thanks again!

Any thoughts on making more?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:58 AM
I did make another one, but it was too buggy for sharing. I may do more soon, but just now I have other stuff on the go. Glad people are enjoying the lot!
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 9:00 PM
I just downloaded this house and my sim Alana is having the time of her life, once i finish with her house i will deffintly be posting my renditions of this wonderful challenge. Thank you.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#60 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 7:43 AM
Great! A couple of other people have started building lots of this type to share, so you can look out for them if you want more variety.
Instructor
#61 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 11:22 AM
This house is a blast 2 play, Thanks
Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:40 PM
Great! A couple of other people have started building lots of this type to share, so you can look out for them if you want more variety.

Are they here on MTS2? The problem I've had serching the internet for this type of house is everyone names it so differnt LOL

How do you dirty up the houses? I'd be happy to make some if you know of any tutorials?
Field Researcher
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 4:45 PM
I have a questoin. Do I need to download both files if I have seasons or just the seasons one? I am new to getting mods for sims but I would love to try this one.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#64 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 10:40 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 22nd Apr 2008 at 10:46 PM.
Anebrd, you only need one of these files. Either will work for Seasons, but the seasons one should work better.

Artsymommachic, there is at least one recent upload on MTS2 of this type. Can't remember the creator. I'll have a look.

Here's one:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=281410
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:06 AM

Artsymommachic, there is at least one recent upload on MTS2 of this type. Can't remember the creator. I'll have a look.

Here's one:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=281410

THanks!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 2:54 PM
This has to be one of my favourite lots to play for a long time. The challange in cleaning it alone was worth it! My poor sims, how I love to make them suffer so! Simply love it. A job very well done!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#67 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 12:45 AM
Thanks for commenting!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:38 PM
I did my own version of this challenge, purely for the fun of it.
I love my sim families so I had my sim self and partner move in... what an unholy mess! It was awesome. We had a kid, and only my partner could work. I stayed at home raising babies in that squallor Dave worked his was up Criminal Career while I kept popping out sim babies. Made it much harder trying to fit family of 8 in that place and surviving on Dave's wage. To make it even more entertaining I also used the DSS mod by CtfG (found here on MTS2) which meant that each time David was promoted he earnt minimum amounts... talk about making things hard! It was frustrating but extremely entertaining. Still by far probably my favourite lot. Just a shame it's not on a bigger lot (wary about using Lot Expander) - Still a fantastic lot. Incredible job!
Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:06 AM
Hey Aelflaed! Awhile ago you posted your updated house. Where did you get all that cute stuff for your kitchen?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#70 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:37 AM
buffalolips36, which cute stuff? If you mean this house, the CC credits should tell you. If that isn't sufficient, you'll have to be more specific.
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 9:48 PM
buffalolips36, which cute stuff? If you mean this house, the CC credits should tell you. If that isn't sufficient, you'll have to be more specific.

Yes I didn't make myself clear. In your pictures of your makeover version of the house. You have a picture of a kitchen - it's the first link on your download page and it's in one of your posts. I'm not sure if it's actually your makeover...
There is this pink kitchen. I think I have the lights, but what about the counters and the chairs?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#72 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 11:28 AM
Oh, okay.

Most of the kitchen in that pic uses recolours of the Way Coolinary counters, and the 'Groovy Party' add-on set, by Numenor and MaryLou, available on MTS2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203960

Hope that answers your question!
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:24 PM
I love it! I cannot wait to move my simself in! It's so cool!
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:01 AM
:O I wanna do this, but my computer has horrid lag... I will certainly do it, as soon as I get a new computer or update this pile of rubbish. Anyway, looks horrible, in a good way n_-. Can't wait to put my spin on it.
Zombie Socks
#75 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 5:15 PM
I have to admit that I WILL NOT be renovating, because I like the flies and pretty garden weeds too much to get rid of them! I hope to use this beautiful house in a story, because this is just too perfect to pass up. Perhaps I shall someday renovate, but for now I stare happily at it's custom peeling wallpaper and giggle. Yes, I realize my sims are having mental breakdowns with the room score but it is WORTH IT!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Page 3 of 5