Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:38 PM
I think this is way too hard...and time-consuming...but a great experience for sims addicted persons
Advertisement
#152 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:28 AM
I will try this as soon as I get a new monitor.My old one died and my mom borrowed one from a friend,but the game is not working on it.So its going to be like 2 weeks till i can play.I am very sad.
#153 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 3:38 PM
I did a version of this, called Toddlermania. It is quite a challenge. This one sounds like fun too. I'll have to try this out!

I don't know if this hint's been given out yet, but if you put bowls of dog food on the floor, the toddlers will eat it and won't need bottles.
Forum Resident
#154 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 6:29 PM
I haven't visited here in awhile, and I see alot of new interest.

To address the comment on putting food into inventory - I didn't even know you could do that! I have always gotten jello out before it's too late and ate at that all the next day. By all means, as long as a cheat code isn't activated: it isn't cheating.

For instance, using the "move objects on/off" command is cheating, but going into buy mode to pick up and move an object isn't.

I also knew that toddlers would eat dog food, but I thought it might make them sick, so I never let them eat it! That really eliminates the need to get them any bottles, other than Smart Milk, which I highly recommend! That makes the timing of getting them to bed and back up again the hardest part.

FYI my score was about 4000 for each child and 2000 for each parent without ever getting them into private school or experiencing first kisses.
Scholar
#155 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 9:36 PM
I did start this last year, and then it got so hectic that I left the family in limbo for ages, . I remembered about them when Lu Beth, one of the six twins (as a child) came home from school with Remy, a child from another lot. I can't remember if I used maxMotives once - I remember wanting to. I did write a commentary, to remind myself of scores and such, I just have to find it in one of my writing pads.

Until then, I do still have pictures of all the tykes!

Adria (mother) and Michael (toddler)

The above mentioned Lu Beth

Tuare (boy) and Millie (girl)

Ohri (toddler) and Klaus (father)

And last, but not least, Andria

I will have to take some more photos, with them as children when I next go in-game.
Test Subject
#156 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 9:48 PM
that's cool! i wanna try this!

someone please tell me why my pics are not showing up in my folder...i looked on MTS2 but there was nothing there. please tell me how i can fix this because i really want to show my sextuplets family.

-Adele

Thanks for the avatar!!! (you know who you are! lol...Knight you're hilarious and i have to get that game!!! lol. i <3 food. lmao.)

-Adele'
#157 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 1:09 AM
Your pics will be in one of two places:
my documents/ea games/the sims 2/neighborhoods/N001 (or whichever one you're playing in)/Storytelling
-OR-
my documents/ea games/the sims 2/Storytelling (this is usually when the lot is empty or for neighborhood shots)

If they're not in either, make sure your folders are there and named correctly. HTH
Test Subject
#158 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 1:31 AM
thanks for the help..

Thanks for the avatar!!! (you know who you are! lol...Knight you're hilarious and i have to get that game!!! lol. i <3 food. lmao.)

-Adele'
Scholar
#159 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 5:37 PM
Unfortunately I can't find everything I wrote down for my family. I found the page where I wrote down their names, but nothing else. I do remember at least 3 or 4 of the tots made it to platinum, because I got them to full fill the potty training aspiration before they hit kiddie hood. Because they grew up relatively well, that helped the parents get happier. I think the rest were in various stages of yellow.

My comments probably went something like:
Going well - all happy!
What the heck is the nanny doing?!
Stupid nanny ignored kids.
Nanny kept ignoring bottles.
(Various moments of blaming the nanny)
:P
And then...
Yes! The toddler days are over! .

I have put together a new family instead, and I'll post pictures of the house and them when I take photos. Haven't had time to play them yet; just created the family and made the house.

Edit: Adding the family and current scores.

[center]----

The Abbotons

It all ran smoothly at first and then, typically it all started to go crazy! If they would all stay in the toy room it would be fine, but they crawl all over the place! .

Potty Training - 6 - 300 points
Growing up: 1 platinum (Tessa), 4 gold and 1 green (I think one of them was in the green.) - 160 points

Skills:

Andrew - 30 points
Tabitha - 60 points
Abby - 280 points
Benji - 210 points
Cassie - 210 points
Luke - 210 points
Steven - 210 points
Tessa - 280 points

Points so far: 1950 points
Test Subject
#160 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 10:25 PM
Ok I couldn't resist this. I stole Joanne's idea (please don't sue me lol) and started them off as babies. Since everybody is doing good looking sims I decided to make mine genetically um challenged or unique.

The Mom Paris Hilton Oddness

The Dad Nosemaster Oddness

the house envy my architecual genius and beautiful spelling

Then I realized I accidently made Paris have 7 kids instead of just six :censored:!!!! The kids are called: Carrie Jerry Mary Larry Terry Harry and the mistake Scary (girl). So far so good I got Paris Hilton and Nosemaster jobs so far so good the nannies keep peeing on the dirt floors though and it's like weedtopia inside the house and not that kind of weed you sick minded people :jk:
Instructor
#161 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 8:18 AM
Going to try this agian soon
Instructor
#162 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 1:46 PM
I think that I'm going to try this ... I'm insane. But yea.

Oh my lord... I did it and went insane within 2 Sim days. I'm recreating a family, only I'm using cheats! LOL... I'm going to write a story about them, I think.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
#163 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 1:06 AM
I'm going to try this. XD The most kids my sims have ever had was like four. So this should be... interesting.

I'll edit this later with pictures of the family and stuff.
Scholar
#164 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 7:28 AM
I'm going to give this a go! I just finished the Asylum Challenge and this looks like a good one to follow that up with Just so I get this straight - we play the family until the kids reach the end of the teen stage, right?

Oh, yeah, and are you going to start the "perfect personality" 12 sims interbreeding to create perfect personality grandkids challenge here? You have that one on your website but there are no results as yet. That one also looks like fun

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Scholar
#165 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 8:54 AM
Oh... my... God... It was hellish while they were still toddlers. The parents survived on coffee because they couldn't sleep. There was always a toddler awake and demanding something or other. Got 5 out of 6 potty trained on the last day so the 5 grew up in platinum while the 6th one grew up in red. Oh, well. We'll try better going into teens

The father had a night job as a security guard so that worked out well, because it's pretty well paid for the first level. He couldn't work on his body skills to get a promotion but at least he kept in bringing money night after night so that they could afford a nanny while he was out. She was pretty useless, but they couldn't afford 2 and not having one would have been a total disaster.

Now that it's calmed down, I'm going to let the mum have a job in Education (her LTW) and that way she'll be away at the same time as the kids. And teens can be in the house alone, so it won't matter that they'll eventually be coming home earlier than her.

So that's 500 points on the plus side and counting. Some of them have got some charisma and creativity skills already, too, but I don't know how many. I haven't had the time to check!

Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
#166 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:23 PM
I'm almost finished with this challenge, even if I kinda fudged it.
I started off with one women, Anita, and her 6 toddlers, Penny, Patrick, Anthony, Emme, Demetrii, and Frankie.

~Points~
Potty Training - 300
Taught to Walk - 200
Taught to Talk - 200

-Growing up into childhood-
Platinum - 100
Gold - 150
Green - 50
Red -

Taught homework - 300
A+ - 300
[JUST] Friends - 100
[JUST] Bestfriends - 250
Private School - 300

-Growing up into teenagers-
Platinum - 200
Gold - 100
Green -
Red -

First Kiss -
Top of Career -

Skills::
Cooking - 590
Mechanical - 450
Charisma - 0
Body - 0
Logic - 530
Creativity - 520
Cleaning - 500

~End of Points~

Since they grew up to teens and little Aiden, Anita and Dustin Broke's son, is now a child, they are currently on vacation! *wooo camping*

Facts:
- I'm not counting Anita's or Aiden's points
- Anita doesn't have a job
- I've hired a nanny twice
- Maxmotives once and that was because Anita's hunger was almost all the way down and I kept getting threats from the social worker
- I created all of them in body shop except Aiden
- I didn't actually read the directions, just the rules, and I fudged them a bit

I'll check back when i'm finally finished!
Test Subject
#167 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 8:12 PM
gotta try this xD
I might make a family tonight and have fun lol

so no money cheat? this is gonan be hard -_-
#168 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:36 PM
Okay, I finally got pictures of them all! Introducing..

Anita;

Demetrii;

Penny;

Emme;

Patrick;

Frankie;

Anthony;

and finally..

Aiden;

Sorry for the poor picture quality, I had to edit them all so that you could actually see my simmies! [My computer is super dark for some odd reason]
Oh, and if thats too many pictures just tell me and i'll edit my post.

Scholar
#169 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:24 AM
Thanks for sharing! The pictures are great. I've had to restart my family because I kept getting errors in the neighborhood I had them in so I had to scrap the hood and start the whole thing again. The dreaded toddler time to be done all over again. Arghhhh!

Test Subject
#170 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:47 PM
I've decided that I'm going to do this -- I've never done a challenge before, and I love my hacks, so this should be very interesting! I've got a question though, in calculating the total score, you mention that I should "Include the parents points as well." In what way do you mean?
#171 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaynne
I've decided that I'm going to do this -- I've never done a challenge before, and I love my hacks, so this should be very interesting! I've got a question though, in calculating the total score, you mention that I should "Include the parents points as well." In what way do you mean?

I decided to try it too! This is only my second contest/challenge and i'm so used to using hacks...guess i'll see how it turns out!

#172 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 8:31 AM
This looks Cool, i'll try next time i'm in-game!
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 1:41 AM
I want to try this... but I don't think I could pull it off. I'm too cheat-dependant. xD
#174 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 11:51 AM
These are the kids from my Griffin family...
Forum Resident
#175 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 10:44 PM
I apologize to everyone. If you visited my website, you noticed a comment my master's degree keeping me so busy that I haven't been simming. I am in an accelerated program were we finish a class every 5 weeks, so I am researching and writing really long papers every week.
I had stopped in one day and saw only a couple challenges here, so I thought mine had been deleted and never stopped by again.
I have a week off of school, so I was simming and noticed the challenges alive and well again (though nothing has been posted here for months as you probably all thought I had abandoned this).
Anyway, the challenge goes until the end of their teenage years. I did that as not everyone has university, and I wanted it fair for everyone.
I ask you to include the parents, as I want them to max skills and get to the top of their professions as well. That keeps it a bit more challenging as the parents must make time to help and encourage their children as they also work on self-improvement.
I had thought of the perfect personality challenge, but with my school load I didn't get past the stage of getting everyone married and having their first children. Then I experimented with creating them as young adults so that they met at college and had a head start working on skills, but again, not everyone has university or seasons, which really helps relationships and skill-building.
Maybe I will post the perfect personality challenge this week during my break.
Thanks for picking up the challenge.
Page 7 of 12