Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrinkBainne
Uhm, they did still come from a website of some description. She just wanted to see the website, they might have other humerous posts. At least that's what I think she's looking for..

Yes that's what I meant.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrinkBainne
Uhm, they did still come from a website of some description. She just wanted to see the website, they might have other humerous posts. At least that's what I think she's looking for..

I can assure you that you will never find it.
Scholar
#78 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:08 AM Last edited by summersong86 : 27th Jul 2009 at 8:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Isn't that when Judgement Day, when robots evolve sentience and decide to purge the world of meatbag humans, is?

You just may be on to something: NSA Project

Our tax dollars at work. I find it interesting that anyone thinks you can build a computer system with that much power and that much insight into the workings of the human mind and that much access to any and all kinds of data about people, without any apparent fear that it could evolve into something beyond human control. Or is that the point--to build "The Beast"?

As for Sims4...LOL--if that NSA project comes to fruition, we may become The Sims4. Keep checking above your heads for a green plumbob.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:11 PM
they are drifting further and further away from the original sims idea. it's a shame they're keeping the seamless world, and getting rid of the characters important to the game from the start. i am NOT buying the sims 4.
Scholar
#80 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
they are drifting further and further away from the original sims idea. it's a shame they're keeping the seamless world, and getting rid of the characters important to the game from the start. i am NOT buying the sims 4.
It's okay, they're not making Sims4. At least not as described above. And even if they were planning on it, we'd all be enslaved in the Matrix by then and everything will be a simulation. :p
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:12 PM
Honestly, I think EA needs to fix whats wrong with sims 3 before thinking about a 4.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:44 AM
Can we lock this thread? My bad threads get locked before I even press the post button, but yet this one has been stinking up the whole place for days.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
orrr... the op made them up!

There's no need to be so snappy, he could have simply copy and pasted from another website. Excuse me for not instantly coming to the conclusion that he wrote it himself. This is the Internet you know, there are a lot of humour sites out there.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:35 AM
NO!!! I hope FOX doesn't make a Sims Movie!! It will ruin it for me...

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 28th Jul 2009 at 2:56 PM.
Here is an earlier review:

Quote:
Review of The Sims 3: Destination Adventure
Published in February 7th, 2010

The already large world of The Sims 3 has expanded even more. The new booster pack called Destination Adventure contains two new towns - the Hawaii-styled Maxis Island, and an Australian Outback-styled town named Spore Canyon. Just as in Sunset Valley and Riverview - which seem to be located in California, there is summer all the time, and no rain. Please give us seasons with the next expansion pack, will you?

Besides from being regular hometowns they are also vacation resorts. Sims from other towns can take the plane there (enduring a loading screen), to settle in a tent, check into a hotel or buy a vacation home. And Sims who are brave, daredevils, athletic, anglers or outdoor-lovers will surely do so.

There are many new ways to get around. Motorbikes and motor scooters are simply two-seat cars, while mountainbikes, BMXes, dirt bikes, quad bikes and cross-country cars can be used off-road, too, and the ultra-expensive helicopters can go more or less anywhere. Beside the adrenaline rush, offroad driving is useful for stone and bug collecting. Now, the Sims can collect plants, too!

However, many bad things can happen out there. Vehicles might break down. Careless Sims can sprain feet (or worse, break legs) needing to get an ambulance to the hospital. Not the best way to spend a vacation.

Beaches - including the existing ones in Sunset Valley - are now open for swimming and wind surfing. Several The Sims 2 objects are back - the sandbag and the obstacle course, as well as the springboard and slide for the pool. Together with ladders and climber walls, they can form mazes which will boost Sims' athletic skills until exhausting or injuring them.

Sims with high painting skill kan use a home tattoo & piercing set to make their friends match the new Surf and Punk Rock radio channels. And yes, cars can have stereos now!

Anything for the kids? Well - look for the Ranger club house, where children and teens can "learn by doing" under supervision of enthusiastic leaders.

These new towns are not only about playing around, however - Sims can make Aviation, Motor, Rescue or Offshore careers, totally in the adventure spirit of the game.

Destination Adventure is incredibly action-packed. However, the couch-potato or outdoor-hating Sims will not find much new entertainment. Watching the Adventure Channel would be enough for them.
Test Subject
#86 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:27 AM
for all the people that say the world is going to end in 2012...who says its going to end in 2012? and iv heard of that ep some site has it up for sale but thay dont have the box art, the new ep sounds like fun

:deal:
Field Researcher
#87 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vivalakevin
Can we lock this thread? My bad threads get locked before I even press the post button, but yet this one has been stinking up the whole place for days.

I concur.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madmardy
there are some extremely gullable people on here

I wish I could make some smart arse comment here, but I didn't even notice the date until someone pointed it out...!

*Sits in dunce corner* >_>;;;
Scholar
#89 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:10 PM Last edited by summersong86 : 28th Jul 2009 at 7:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by akon
for all the people that say the world is going to end in 2012...who says its going to end in 2012? and iv heard of that ep some site has it up for sale but thay dont have the box art, the new ep sounds like fun
As far as I know, the 2012 date is getting so much attention in the various end of world conspiracy theories, because the Mayan calendar doesn't go past that date. The Mayans were noted for having a very accurate calendar that made note of recurring cycles and astronomical events. Google "Maya 2012" and you'll get more info on the subject. Here's one brief article here:USA Today Maya Even if there's a completely benign explanation for the calendar not going past 2012, if you factor in the current economic climate and suspicion about the workings of the "war on terror", as well as scrutiny of our global climate change and polar shifts, it adds up to an atmosphere where people either expect a complete collapse of the current free societies into Orwellian regimes, or a complete Apocalyptic breakdown of our societies and/or the planet itself. Since a lot of conspiracies and theories predict our demise as being imminent, people who espouse these ideas find 2012 to be as convenient a focal point as any for the year their fears find fruition.

EDIT TO ADD From USAToday article linked above: "Part of the 2012 mystique stems from the stars. On the winter solstice in 2012, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This means that "whatever energy typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time," Joseph writes"

As for Sims4, I'm sure any non official announcements regarding it at this point are likely hoaxes, jokes or spoofs. It's actually the perfect time to joke about a Sims4, because we've had just enough time to examine and rant about the shortcomings of 3 and create detailed visions of what we hope 4 would be. Or even more fun, how we think EA would bork up Sims4.
Test Subject
#90 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:54 AM
ok if the world might end in 2012 lets just hope EA comes out with some sweet sims 3 EPs and SPs.

:deal:
Banned
#91 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:08 AM
Oh puh-leeze. The world isn't going to end in 2012, the article isn't real, and anybody really will believe anything!

Thread over. Requesting lock.
Theorist
#92 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:24 AM
No need to request a lock. Even though the source and info is false, general discussion over the topic is quite alright

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:48 PM
While on the topic of a new Sims game, I want them to go back to Sims 3 style a little bit. Less sterile seriousness and get some fun stuff. Even the clothes are just tshirts and skirts, I want to make some ridiculous sims too!
Test Subject
#94 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I wish I could make some smart arse comment here, but I didn't even notice the date until someone pointed it out...!

*Sits in dunce corner* >_>;;;

Don't be so glum, points for honesty!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:09 PM
Seems like nothing was right in the "Destination Adventure" review. Except there will be no weather.
Scholar
#96 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Even if there's a completely benign explanation for the calendar not going past 2012, if you factor in the current economic climate and suspicion about the workings of the "war on terror", as well as scrutiny of our global climate change and polar shifts, it adds up to an atmosphere where people either expect a complete collapse of the current free societies into Orwellian regimes, or a complete Apocalyptic breakdown of our societies and/or the planet itself.

If you study history at all you quickly realize that people have been making up reasons to predict the imminent end-of-the-world pretty much forever (religion always helps, though). I think it gives them an excuse not to behave the way they know they should today. And humans like to be a little bit scared, I guess, like going to see a horror movie. The problem, as Bill Maher said, is when it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The 2012 thing is especially irritating to me because so many of my otherwise intelligent peers are going along with, at least 'jokingly'. I thought after the world didn't end with Y2k my generation, at least, would get over the apocalypse craze, but apparently not.

After 2012 passes and the world somehow survives, I suppose it'll reset to the next Nostradamus or biblical prediction. Sigh.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:00 PM
And this thread drags on and on and on...

I don't really f**k with Africa, cause people are starving to death and that's not baller to me...-Dave Chappelle (Chappelle's Show, Cribs Sketch)
#98 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:04 PM
...then IGNORE it! I, personaly, have been enjoying lurking here.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 12:31 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 26th May 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Review of The Sims 3: Star of Life
Published on May 11, 2010

Are sick Sims enjoyable? Well, you don't need to be mean-spirited to think so. The illnesses in The Sims 3: Star of Life certainly adds drama, but usually with a good ending. And in the few cases the Sim dies from a medical condition, it feels much more exciting than the simple "death by old age". When my Sim got a heart attack, seeing her life in review and the appearance of the Grim Reaper, while a paramedic tried to defibrillate her heart, I started biting my nails down.

Of course, most diseases have a reason, and avoiding them in the first place is another challenge. Too many casual WooHoos cause cooties, visiting World Adventure resorts cause travel diarrhea, and poor hygiene causes fungus. The only simple way to avoid chicken-pox is having had it before, though. And even if diseases can be shut off in the control panel, there are enough other features to revive the game totally.

The new town, Rio Norte, features a Spanish Colonial architectural style with occasional modernist villas, which is expressive and would fit into southern Texas as well as Argentina, or any place in between. With France, China and Egypt in the last expansion pack, we needed a Latin American town to cover the rest of the globe. Appropriately, the Star of Life food menu has been enhanced with tacos, polenta, black beans and other Hispanic specialties.

The dominant building in Rio Norte (besides the Atlético Ananas Stadium - football seems to be the true religion here) is the Fuente de la Juventud Hospital, resembling a cathedral. Medical clinics in Sunset Valley and other previous towns used to look like Judge Dredd prisons, so the Neo-Renaissance-styled Eternal Hospital shipping with Star of Life would be a good replacement.

With new traits such as Early Bird and Night Owl, the collection of Sims roaming around town seems to differ along the day. Among the obvious traits are Hypochondriac, Infector and Healer.

Healers build the Medicine skill faster. This skill has knocked out the tedious "research" from the Medical career, which has two new branches, called Simology and Pharmacy, beside the default Surgery branch.

Simologists' most valuable abilities might be Aversion (removal of other Sims' traits) and Life Coaching (addition of new ones). These are dearly needed as the "mid-life crisis" has been weakened. Pharmacists gain the ability to make cough syrup, love potion and other medications (EA carefully avoids the word "drugs" - this is a children's game) with various effects at the chemistry bench retrieved from The Sims 1. Surgeons can do some cool stuff too - such as facial surgery, or test tube babies. If they ace the Logic and Medicine skills, they can even make clones! (And just as in the real world, I wonder why. These rascals still need to be gestated the natural way.)

Nursing is a separate career, focused on relations with patients. They do not get many of the doctors' skills, but an impressive social network. Dead patients might also devise property to them.

The hospital is exciting enough to mention again - one wing is a rabbit-hole, the other is a transparent building. Medical employees can either work in the rabbit-hole or in visible treatment rooms with visible patients - the gameplay effects are similar, but seeing the Sim at work might be more exciting. Of course Sims can also watch TV in the waiting room "for real".

If a doctor or a nurse is successful enough, they can build up their own clinic. This is much similar to Open For Business, except the service is limited to medicine.

Elders are now more grateful to play. Among other things they get senior discounts, and the ability to write a life story even about a mediocre career. They are also great at Genealogy - a Logic-based activity is performed at the computer to fill gaps in the family tree. Of course, many new-found relatives will already be dead on discovery - with cause of death displayed. Heart attacks and strokes seem to be the most common; seems like EA could not include cancer in a proper way.

But all these symptoms will ironically bring Sims even more alive. Re-creation of your favorite medical drama series would just be one way to play this game. Making super-Sims immune to any illness would be another. Or maybe build a horror hospital where Death lurks in the corridors? With good care the Star of Life could live forever.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 1:25 AM
You can't fool me!
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: rest in peace, little zombie thread of predictions
Page 4 of 10