Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 8:23 PM.
The Sims 2 Daycare Challenge
Sims 2 Daycare Challenge

Running a daycare is a lot of hard work. Of course, there are the obligatory feedings and diaper changes to deal with, but the most exhausting duty of a daycare owner is to make sure that everyone is entertained and learning something, too. Note: If you can't stand caring for toddlers and children, this challenge is not for you.

Rules:
1. Create one adult sim in CAS to be your daycare owner or you could use a townie or pre-made sim if you like.

2. Build your daycare with lots of things for toddlers and children to use like cribs, changing tables, potties, high chairs, and skilling toys for toddlers and playground equipment, easels, bookcases, dollhouses, and games like "don't wake the llama, mahjong, and chess for kids. Don't forget to include some beds for children to rest on when they are tired.

3. Only children and toddlers are allowed in your daycare. No babies or teens.

4. No motive or aspiration cheats. You may use motherlode or familyfunds to make your daycare any way you like.

5. No hacked objects that modify motives or aspirations either.

6. Do not create the children and toddlers you will be caring for. Instead use townies, pre-mades, and playables from other families. There are many good teleporters from simlogical you can use to summon them to your daycare.

7. Your daycare owner is the only one you can control. The children and toddlers can be selectable though.. You are allowed to leave free will on.

8. Summon everyone to the daycare around 9:00, and send them home around 5:00. It is important to send them home before 6:00 pm so they will not age up.

Bonuses:
* Toddlers, toddlers everywhere! - +50 points
Keeping up with 7 toddlers is hard work. Make sure to keep their motives and aspirations in the green to avoid losing valuable points.

* Twelve is a crowd +75 points
If you're using lotfullofsims or any other hack for more family members, add 4 more children or toddlers to make it even more challenging.

Scoring:

+3 for every toddler in your daycare
+2 for every child in your daycare
+1 for every toddler or child with gold aspiration at the end of the day. For example: if you play for only seven days and one child has gold aspiration at the end of every day, you would add 7 points.
+2 for every toddler or child with platinum aspiration at the end of the day.
+1 for every child with motives in the green at the end of the day.
+2 for every skill learned including the skills learned by the adult
+5 for every toddler skill learned (walking, talking, potty, nursery rhyme)
+2 if your adult's motives are in the green at the end of the day
+3 if your adult's aspiration is gold at the end of the day
+4 if your adult's aspiration is platinum at the end of the day
+5 for every gold badge earned by the children and the adult
+2 for ever friend made. This includes any friends made by the adult)

-3 for ever toddler and child with red aspiration at the end of the day
-2 for every child with a motive in the red at the end of the day
-5 for every time a child has an accident
-15 for every "feed that child" message.
-5 for every enemy made. This includes enemies made by the adult
-10 for everything taken by repo man and not replaced.
-5 for every time the daycare is infested with vermin
-2 points for every case of sickness
-1000 for death of child or toddler. (The challenge is over.)

Handicaps:
*Help is on the way: -70 points
Substitute one kid for an extra daycare worker.

*Controll freak -50 points
You are allowed to controll one toddler and one child. If you are trying for the toddlers, toddlers everywhere bonus, you can controll two toddlers.

This challenge can go on for as long as you'd like, but it ends if a child or toddler dies.

Edit: I've decided to try the challenge myself. So far, I've only built the daycare and chosen the children and toddlers for the challenge. Here are some pics.

The Daycare owner (Jill Fleig)

The toddlers:

Maggie Zaxxon

Toby Pleasant

Delia Dreamer

The Children:

Victor Goth II

Sophie Broke

Gina Landgraab

Mason Lothario

I think Jill is going to have her hands full.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 4:29 AM
How do you "send them home"?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:01 AM
I use Simlogical's meeting controller. It is really easy to use. You put 7 tokens on the wall (they look like a white square with a red ? on it), one of every child in daycare. Then click on each token to choose a child to enroll in daycare. Use the controller that looks like a school bell to start meeting (teleport the kids to your lot) and end meeting (teleport the kids back home)

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 8:36 PM
So does this controller display playable kids, who are then "teleported" to your lot? And (I assume) when you play that child's lot, it just plays as usual. You said something about sending him home before 6pm so he doesn't age - so being on your lot is NOT like going to a community lot, he could actually age (and when you go to HIS home he's older - ?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 11:46 PM Last edited by MimiSim : 5th Oct 2012 at 4:07 AM.
Yes. He will age because the daycare is on a residential lot. The child's lot will play as usual if you send them home before you save and leave the daycare lot. I have not tested to see what happens if you save while a meeting is in progress though. I'll try to test it sometime today, and I'll post the results here.

Edit:

I saved the daycare lot with the children still there and loaded the Dreamers house. The toddler Delia was there, so the lot plays normally. I then loaded the daycare lot to see if Delia was still there and she was.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 4:28 PM
They.
Are.
So.
CUTE!!!!!
Haha, sounds like a fun challenge to try. I've tried playing a daycare-style household before, but a few edits on this could make for a functioning daycare for my empire city!
But seriously, those kids are fracking adorable.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:19 PM
Default Can't change diapers
ok, I got all the required objects, but my care giver can't change diapers, talk to toddlers, or teach them. The only thing she can do is play peek-a-boo. The care giver and child's relationship is 80% and best friends. What can I do?
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 2:27 PM Last edited by Andreitta97 : 21st Aug 2014 at 2:44 PM.
I have also created my nursery and I teleported to all children, what happens is I put cribs, changing ... but my owner can not use anything, all things children are not selectable.

Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 2:31 PM
Looks interesting, I'll try it someday soon