Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:55 AM
Default Which stuff pack(s) could you live without?
I know there's a thread for EPs on this, but I wanted to make one for SPs because they don't have any new features (except M&G which considers itself EP9) and mainly just objects and clothes.

I reckon I could live without Glamour Life because by far I think it's the weakest SP I've had, as all the clothes are high-fashion type thing, like TS1 Superstar, and the furniture is by far the most FUGLY to have in a HOME

I think I could also live without Family Fun Stuff as well, because most of the outfits are absurd (imagine going to school as a dragon or a mermaid!) but I do like the mermaid furniture, but not the dragon furniture...

What SPs can you live without?!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:59 AM
Glamour Life maybe? I'm surprised by all of you that don't like Family Fun, I love that SP and use it in kids rooms all the time. heck I even used it on some walls at my water park. Also those are meant to be dress up costumes not clothes to wear to school. EA would have been better to make a costume trunk and put them in there, but that would be more work ya know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:00 AM
I've been living without Teen Style,Family Fun and Kitchen and Bath for years.I think I can live without them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:12 AM
On second thoughts, I think I'll have to have FFS but without the clothes. My sims never dress up anyway ._.

Inventor
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:42 AM
All of them except for M&G and maybe Ikea stuff since I use the items from there a lot, and I can't live without my adjustable roof sizes from M&G!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:53 AM
I like the FFS furniture. My little sim girls are getting tired of getting the princess bed. XD Cyjon has a fix that doesn't allow townies to spawn in silly clothes too, which is useful.

I like K&B for the bathrobes. I missed bathrobes. Admittedly the underwear could lose the shoes, because who wears shoes with their underwear? GLS has some nice formal dress options ... so has Celebration Stuff. And CS also gives you actual variety in birthday and wedding cakes. And I love the matching formal dresses in CS especially, because they didn't leave out elders and toddlers. Same with the FFS Hawaiian stuff.

Teen Style Stuff gives you some needed extra clothes for teens (as does FFS for children).

I'd almost say I could live without M&G, but that's because I'm not sure exactly what came with that pack. I suspect that if I uninstalled it then a lot more of my house items that I'd expect would disappear. I need to make a family rich enough to have the sweeping staircase that you can slide down. I haven't seen that yet. And was that the pack that had windows you could sit in (I haven't found those yet)?

IKEA and H&M I haven't had long enough to really experience properly. And ... I think that's all the packs. XD If there's one I've forgotten then obviously that's the one I could live without lol.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:22 PM
:O I can slide down banisters and sit in bay windows?

Theorist
#8 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:43 PM
No question about it, I could definitely live without Glamour Life. Can't remember the last time I've actually used something from that SP.

The other SP's had a lot more to offer in the way of clothing, decor, furniture and items for the kiddies.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:45 PM
I don't have any of them. I have to say I am least tempted by glamour life and Happy Holiday stuff.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:50 PM
I'd say all of them except M&G, but that's really more of an EP than an SP, anyway. Of those that are left, the only one I can't do without would be IKEA. I use the MALM set a lot. Which is funny because IRL I don't like IKEA-style furniture all that much, although I do tend to like their accessory stuff like lamps and clocks and such. But, in the game the sets are cohesive and match in color and style, and you don't get that often otherwise from Maxis stuff. I do like the tile walls from K&B, but I could live without them and/or make similar walls myself. Other than that, I don't really tend to use the stuff from stuff packs all that much. I suppose I have some CC clothing that uses meshes from some of the stuff packs, H&M especially, but I could live without all custom clothing, actually, so....Yeah.

@Saturnfly: M&G's roof slope tool is nice, but it's not good enough for me. I NEEEEEEEED to be able to adjust pitches to multiple decimal places when I'm trying to get roof bits to line up just right. So, I can't live without the individual roof slope cheat from Pets, so that I can adjust to a hundred decimal places, if I want. It's nice to have M&G's tool for a quick adjustment, though, without having to enter the cheat.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:07 PM
Does M&G count? I just cannot seem to bring myself to give even the slightest hint of a shit about roofs. Rooves? Whatever. And all those other bits of roof-related design stuff, it bores me to tears. But then, I am not a builder.

I could also manage without H&M - the clothes are, for the most part, bloody ugly and I could live happily without the eleventy thousand H&M store whatsits cluttering up the catalogue.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:20 PM
I could live without all except K&B, and IKEA, if I really had to. But I do also really like FFS and H&M, so those would be quick to stay assuming I could have them. I frequently use H&M clothing (or CC using it's meshes), which can't be said for clothing of other EPs/SPs, and I really like FF for making themed kids rooms and giving them some character. CC could do the same, but I like the FF items.

M&G I like the tools, but I don't care for most of the objects. But since it's more EP than SP, and AL wouldn't work well without it, I don't think it quite counts.

I would first remove Glamor Life first, because I rarely use anything from it, and after that Celebrations. I do actually really like Celebrations when I make weddings, but that is not often and the effect can easily be copied with CC. Those I could remove and not care all that much, but the rest I'd want to keep if possible. After that it'd be Teen Stuff. I like it, but I'll take Happy Holiday over Teen Stuff any day of the week.

So in order of preference (not including M&G) it goes
GL < Celebrations < Teen Stuff < Happy Holiday < H&M < Family Fun < Kitchen and Bath and Ikea (they share, because I love both)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:33 PM
I think it was with Seasons that came the bay window you can place things in. I know cats can sit in it, I haven't seen a sim do it, never thought to try!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:40 PM
I can live without Glamour Stuff, I do not like modern furniture and I don't understand why they are so expensive, they are nothing special in my opinion.
My favourite are M&G, because it adds a lots of new things to the game and IKEA, since I love Ikea also in real life: I like my sims to have some of the same furniture I have in my house =)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 2:26 PM
Another vote for Family Fun Stuff. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled by too much custom content.

I almost put "Happy Holidays Stuff" in first place. but actually, I do like some of the clothes in that one (not the holiday ones!). And I do like some of the holiday decor.

IKEA is probably my favorite one.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 2:41 PM
The pyjamas that came with Glamour Life were nice.

I forgot HHS, but I couldn't do without it. I like all the Asian themed clothing and the ability to have Santa.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 3:20 PM
I could live without all of them easily, and have done so for years. Now that I have them all, I get the most use out of IKEA, H&M, and M&G (solar panels!). I use Celebration and Glamour the least - pretty much just the cakes, and maybe the occasional formal dress (which my sims hardly ever wear).
Forum Resident
#18 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:38 PM
Glamour Life for definite. And H&M. I have loads of cc that looks better than the clothes from H&M.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:53 PM
Glamour life. I don't use anything in it apart from occasionally the pyjamas. I don't really use the holiday stuff pack either - but that's mainly because in my newest game it hasn't yet been Winter. Come mid-winter and I'll have Christmas and New Year.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:56 PM
I don't know... i think i could live with out every of them.. Except for H&M.. and Ikea.. and Mansion and garden.. i dunno..
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:16 PM
Probably celebration and christmas stuff, time goes by too fast in a sims life to celebrate christmas and winter goes by within 5 or 6 sim days lol.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:18 PM
I didn't get Asian themed clothing with the UC!

Mad Poster
#23 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:21 PM
Hm, looks like my post didn't go through earlier. I could live without Celebration Stuff. I very rarely use the formal clothes that came with it, and almost never use the objects (there is one rug I like to use for my Fortune Sims, which is the only reason why I keep it in.)
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:52 PM
I can dump Happy Holiday Stuff any day. I've never used a single object from that SP in my game. Yeah, Santa Claus can just stay out of my Sims' homes, or at least, away from me, because I think I made the Naughty List this year
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:06 PM
I tried to get rid of most of them once, when still using my previous pc. Each one of them has at least one item (could be a mirror or that plumper thumper sofa) that I use all the time. I never had TSS - but now that I have the UC, I can tell you there are some things there I use all the time as well. Celebration stuff perhaps - those are very ugly dresses, really, and the hairstyles are worse (never bought that one, but it was on the Sims 2 DVD thingie which I was forced to buy after I broke my original Sims 2 (the number 3 disc to be exact) . I
Page 1 of 2