Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#24201 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 8:34 AM
Most of the skyscrapers I've been around have been office buildings. Put shops on the ground floor, an observation deck on the top, and everything in between can be offices.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#24202 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:41 PM
Randomly wondering while looking at clothes in Bodyshop. Is this actually how fat sits on the body, with a dip in at the bottom of the waist then butt? Looks weird to me.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24203 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:56 PM
Fat morph is really unnatural in TS2. I wish someone can make default replacement for that but also that means replacing all clothing meshes... Silly Maxis designers.
#24204 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 4:29 PM
@Zarathustra at the observation deck area you could make it into so many things- a rooftop garden, nightclub, bar, restaurant. Maybe have it look like offices towards the bottom. You could even have most of the middle floors be dummy floors and focus on the top of the building.
Scholar
#24205 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:06 PM
I had been wondering about about this for a long time now but never bothered to bring it up and hadn't seen anybody bring this up but why is there delay before a teen wraps their arms around an adult or a child while hugging? I had recently found out that it usually doesn't happen when you make them do a different interaction then direct them to hug but when they hug another teen it seems to work perfectly fine. The other ages don't seem to do that but what's the deal with the teens? Is it a bug or intentional to make the teens look cool to make them stand out from the other ages?
Screenshots
Alchemist
#24206 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:42 PM
Does anyone know how to make custom display shelves hold food? For example, I've got Veranka's Delightful Dessert Display and Leefish's add on Decra-Display, but neither can hold Exnem's food. The food places in the regular display shelf just fine though, so I'm guess it's the shelf that I need to fix.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#24207 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 10:31 PM
Why can't Crepes Suzette be sold in a bakery? Sorry if I've asked before, memory of a fish.
Forum Resident
#24208 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
What would be some justifications for a fully-furnished skyscraper as a community lot? Almost all of mine have been apartments or residential, and I want to find some excuse that would justify a skyscraper that Sims could come and VISIT instead of having to live there!

Hotels. Office buildings. Most of the office buildings in my area lease space to all different businesses, with 1-2 per floor. My building has government offices, architects, accountants, lawyers, insurance, and a doctor's office. Plus a gym and a cafe in the basement. It's not 20 floors of one company.
Mad Poster
#24209 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Randomly wondering while looking at clothes in Bodyshop. Is this actually how fat sits on the body, with a dip in at the bottom of the waist then butt? Looks weird to me.
I've always felt that fat female Sims (teen and older) look kind of nice and curvy, but fat male Sims just look awful. So while I often just let my fat girls be, I immediately put my fat boys on a regime of exercise and diet!

As for myself, my body shape has recently got to look unpleasantly like the Maxis male fat morph -- I believe still like the Adult one -- hopefully not yet like the Elder one! And I haven't been as good at putting myself on an exercise and diet regime as my Sims. I don't think my figure goes in just above my bottom as the Sim in your picture, but I'll take a look in the bathroom mirror tonight and let you know. (I definitely won't be posting pictures!!!)

Actually my ideal of how I would like to look is much the same as the standard Maxis slim male bodyshape. No wonder I'd rather look at my Sims than look in the mirror!

@Charity I'm glad to see you back on the forum with one of your quirky and entertaining little posts. I've been missing them lately. I trust you're keeping well. One of these days I'll clean out my In Box and send you a PM.
I wish I could lose weight as quickly as my Sims can!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#24210 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Hotels. Office buildings. Most of the office buildings in my area lease space to all different businesses, with 1-2 per floor. My building has government offices, architects, accountants, lawyers, insurance, and a doctor's office. Plus a gym and a cafe in the basement. It's not 20 floors of one company.

Yeah, my stumbling block is just finding the right mix of things so that it still feels like a believable building, without having 80% of it given over to various office spaces (which don't really do anything interesting as far as gameplay goes, either to visit or to own as a Sim-owned business)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#24211 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 7:45 AM
Is merging CAS content and object recolours a good idea? Has anyone else tried it? I am trying anything I can think of to reduce my long 12 minute startup time.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#24212 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Is merging CAS content and object recolours a good idea? Has anyone else tried it? I am trying anything I can think of to reduce my long 12 minute startup time.

I always merge my CAS content and nothing bad has happened yet. I also merge wallpapers and flooring so I won't lose them. As for build/buy stuff I keep them separate, I think it has something to do with the MMATs but I'm not too sure.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#24213 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 8:25 AM
From what I've read if the package you're merging has MMATs, then you'll need to give them "Unique Instances" for the game to recognize all the recolours.

Inventor
#24214 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 8:32 AM
From what I've read if the package you're merging has MMATs, then you'll need to give them "Unique Instances" for the game to recognize all the recolours.

Ah yes, that's what I meant. Only thing is I tried doing that a few times before but the recolors never showed up, I think it was because I merged the recolors with the mesh before I gave them unique instances but I can't say for certain.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#24215 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 3:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Jul 2020 at 3:21 PM.

Don't they already have unique instances? The game already recognizes them as unique when they're separate, and if you extract them and put them in the same file I don't think that's going to change much unless you want to make them unique from the original recolor files.

I do wonder if the "fix integrity" step may not be needed, but I'm not sure. Personally I don't bundle files, and I'm not planning to start doing it, but if anyone care to test it out, maybe it could be worth a round of testing?
(Make sure to clear cache files after you're done bundling files, though).

Also, if the game crashes after bundling and compressing, try deleting caches. The creator of the compressorizer has said in the manual that compressing/recompressing files (bundled or not) can cause the game to crash because of the cache files (but deleting caches should fix it, and there's probably nothing wrong with the compressed files).
#24216 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 3:13 PM
How does an aging mod affect premade Sims?

I use an aging mod and I am thinking of adding subhood versions of Strangetown and Widespot to my custom hood but am unsure of how it would affect the Sims in those hoods. Will the mod apply to pre-made Sims like Johnny Smith and Rhett Hart after their next birthday, or will it only apply to the Sims that are born in game?
Forum Resident
#24217 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 4:20 PM

Here's tutorial for both CAS and object recolors. As for is it a good idea? Yes and no. If you're only playing the game with those files yourself and never plan to share anything, go for it, no harm done and it'll likely improve the loading times. But if you want to share Sims or lots those would then include in all the bundles files with them and cause tons of file bloat and unneeded files to be included. Though of course if you keep two folders: one with merged files for playing and another with separate files and use the latter when preparing things for sharing it should be fine.
Mad Poster
#24218 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
How does an aging mod affect premade Sims?

I use an aging mod and I am thinking of adding subhood versions of Strangetown and Widespot to my custom hood but am unsure of how it would affect the Sims in those hoods. Will the mod apply to pre-made Sims like Johnny Smith and Rhett Hart after their next birthday, or will it only apply to the Sims that are born in game?

Any aging mod will only affect those growing up into the next age-IE, from child to teen (not before) teen before adult, adult before elder, on their actual birthday.

So Johnny Smith will become an adult in the same way, but when he ages into the next stage, it will kick in.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#24219 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Don't they already have unique instances? The game already recognizes them as unique when they're separate, and if you extract them and put them in the same file I don't think that's going to change much unless you want to make them unique from the original recolor files.

The game recognizes them as unique because they're in different packages, but if you bundle a bunch of them into the same package, and they all share the same instance, there's going to be a conflict.

I bundled all of my stuff, but it was so long ago that I don't remember if it made a significant difference in load times.
Mad Poster
#24220 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The game recognizes them as unique because they're in different packages, but if you bundle a bunch of them into the same package, and they all share the same instance, there's going to be a conflict.

The MMATs. Of course. Took me a while... For some reason I was thinking about the other resources

My brain has been in "tractor on the motorway" mode lately. The lightbulb only came on when I realized packages with double subsets get MMATs with 00 and 01 at the end. Opened a few separate recolors and realized all the MMATs had identical instances, so those would absolutely need fixing.
Mad Poster
#24221 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've always felt that fat female Sims (teen and older) look kind of nice and curvy, but fat male Sims just look awful. So while I often just let my fat girls be, I immediately put my fat boys on a regime of exercise and diet!

As for myself, my body shape has recently got to look unpleasantly like the Maxis male fat morph -- I believe still like the Adult one -- hopefully not yet like the Elder one! And I haven't been as good at putting myself on an exercise and diet regime as my Sims. I don't think my figure goes in just above my bottom as the Sim in your picture, but I'll take a look in the bathroom mirror tonight and let you know. (I definitely won't be posting pictures!!!)

Actually my ideal of how I would like to look is much the same as the standard Maxis slim male bodyshape. No wonder I'd rather look at my Sims than look in the mirror!

@Charity I'm glad to see you back on the forum with one of your quirky and entertaining little posts. I've been missing them lately. I trust you're keeping well. One of these days I'll clean out my In Box and send you a PM.
I wish I could lose weight as quickly as my Sims can!

Fat female sims often look better than me lol. I remember one of your sims who had short denim shorts without a fat morph, who had a rather unfortunate accident when he gained weight and only his top had the morph. XD I'm glad those shorts have morphs now.

Haven't been playing much Sims lately, because an old server I used to play on in NWN opened back up, but I'm getting back into stuff. We're doing okay, managed to avoid coronavirus so far. Hope you're doing well too. I missed you and your sims. I was just looking at some of my old uploads and I found the shorts that Andrew wore for his attempt at a daily clothing challenge. He must be in Uni by now.
Alchemist
#24222 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 6:02 PM
@BeckyBoo8, ditto what FranH said, but if you want your age mod to kick in immediately, use Chris Hatch's Age Correct (original post here).
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Try this (AgeCorrect.zip 2kb)
https://app.box.com/s/6hzj2igaefj94eixehm17up2ubug6qqv
Place it in your download folder and load any family, it'll idle for a few minutes to give your game a chance to settle then run in the background and correct the age of every (non pet) sim in the neighbourhood. It'll give you a message when it's done. Then save, exit and remove it from your download folder.
It uses the age controller to adjust sim's age duration, age days left and days in previous age so it uses the same constants that age mods override making it ideal for whenever you add/remove or change an age mod.

I have attempted to make it an intelligent fix by not just changing the age duration but also changing the days left so they will have spent the current number of days in the current age duration and not have to re-live any days, cutting it off at a minimum of one day left.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24223 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

As promised I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. I do go in a bit at the waist like Charity's Sim, but it's less pronounced. For comparison I made a whole family of fat Sims, and it seems to me that the waist is less pronounced in fat teens and adults than in children. But the biggest difference between my fat (male) Sims and fat me is that their bottoms stick out further. Which probably makes them a little bit more attractive. But since I've already said my fat male Sims look awful, what does that say about me and my figure?! I really must start eating less and getting more exercise!!

Meantime I'll go and nibble some food to take my mind off it. ;(

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#24224 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

I do wonder if the "fix integrity" step may not be needed, but I'm not sure. Personally I don't bundle files, and I'm not planning to start doing it, but if anyone care to test it out, maybe it could be worth a round of testing?
(Make sure to clear cache files after you're done bundling files, though).

Also, if the game crashes after bundling and compressing, try deleting caches. The creator of the compressorizer has said in the manual that compressing/recompressing files (bundled or not) can cause the game to crash because of the cache files (but deleting caches should fix it, and there's probably nothing wrong with the compressed files).

I always delete my chache files before play, I got into the habit of it ever since I had TS2 not launch properly and found the cache files would corrupt themselves causing the issue.

As for compression and merging, I haven't had a crash yet. Compressed about one third of my 8GB CC, and merged a lot loose walls and floors (Over 2,000 files) I had sitting around from lots I downloaded. I haven't tried merging object recolours or CAS content yet.

Alchemist
#24225 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
What would be some justifications for a fully-furnished skyscraper as a community lot? Almost all of mine have been apartments or residential, and I want to find some excuse that would justify a skyscraper that Sims could come and VISIT instead of having to live there!

I remodeled the Hans' Trap Door Corp as a kind of head office for the local mob. Above the foyer and clothing boutique, there's an employee office floor, the boss's office suite on its own level (with a secret room for money trees, and a holding cell for recalcitrant competitors), and a luxurious apartment for the boss to stay in. The apartment is mostly for looks, although with mods my sims can sleep there. They can also watch the large TV of course, and admire the artworks. There's also a nightclub, restaurant and observation tower. Some of these extend over a couple of floors.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Page 969 of 1345