Replies: 24508 (Who?), Viewed: 655235 times.
Page 970 of 981
Mad Poster
#24226 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 9:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Don't they already have unique instances? The game already recognizes them as unique when they're separate, and if you extract them and put them in the same file I don't think that's going to change much unless you want to make them unique from the original recolor files.

I do wonder if the "fix integrity" step may not be needed, but I'm not sure. Personally I don't bundle files, and I'm not planning to start doing it, but if anyone care to test it out, maybe it could be worth a round of testing?
(Make sure to clear cache files after you're done bundling files, though).

Also, if the game crashes after bundling and compressing, try deleting caches. The creator of the compressorizer has said in the manual that compressing/recompressing files (bundled or not) can cause the game to crash because of the cache files (but deleting caches should fix it, and there's probably nothing wrong with the compressed files).

I always delete my chache files before play, I got into the habit of it ever since I had TS2 not launch properly and found the cache files would corrupt themselves causing the issue.

As for compression and merging, I haven't had a crash yet. Compressed about one third of my 8GB CC, and merged a lot loose walls and floors (Over 2,000 files) I had sitting around from lots I downloaded. I haven't tried merging object recolours or CAS content yet.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Theorist
#24227 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
What would be some justifications for a fully-furnished skyscraper as a community lot? Almost all of mine have been apartments or residential, and I want to find some excuse that would justify a skyscraper that Sims could come and VISIT instead of having to live there!

I remodeled the Hans' Trap Door Corp as a kind of head office for the local mob. Above the foyer and clothing boutique, there's an employee office floor, the boss's office suite on its own level (with a secret room for money trees, and a holding cell for recalcitrant competitors), and a luxurious apartment for the boss to stay in. The apartment is mostly for looks, although with mods my sims can sleep there. They can also watch the large TV of course, and admire the artworks. There's also a nightclub, restaurant and observation tower. Some of these extend over a couple of floors.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Lab Assistant
#24228 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
@BeckyBoo8, ditto what FranH said, but if you want your age mod to kick in immediately, use Chris Hatch's Age Correct (original post here).

Would that fix days left in total or absolute?

If a Sim has lived a third of the adult life (let's say ten days), and I change to a mod where adult is a hundred days - would they have 90 days left as an adult or 66?
Mad Poster
#24229 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 2:21 PM
I bundle my objects with their recolours and giving the MMATs unique instances is necessary (I've never needed to fix integrity though) because they're in the same file. This is also true if you just bundle recolours without the mesh. And I have also experienced crashes when adding more recolours after compressing, thanks SimPE. (My cache files are automatically deleted when I run the game, so it's nothing to do with that.) What works most of the time is when you see the error message in SimPE, DO NOT SAVE. Instead, make a new package, add your new recolours, then add the old bundled file, then save as a brand new package. And I have noticed highly significant inscreases in loading time from bundling and compressing (and possibly also from being installed on an SSD) and by highly significant, I mean 5 minutes to the neighbourhood startup screen instead of almost an hour.
Mad Poster
#24230 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 3:16 PM Last edited by HarVee : 9th Jul 2020 at 4:59 PM.
I'm experimenting with adding recolours to an existing mesh package of an object instead of creating a new package. This I think will work because you're not tempering with the data of the mesh file, you're instead just adding recolours to it and adding unique instance MMATs for those recolours.

Edit: It works.

Top Secret Researcher
#24231 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 6:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enebya
Would that fix days left in total or absolute?
If a Sim has lived a third of the adult life (let's say ten days), and I change to a mod where adult is a hundred days - would they have 90 days left as an adult or 66?

You know, I wasn't really sure/couldn't remember, but after a quick test, @enebya, I'd say it's proportional. Or in other words, the age does not stay the same and the extra days do not just get added at the end. Instead, sims' ages do change to reflect the proportion of the stage they're in.

In my test I used the Goths & Brokes and popped in my aging mod that changed toddler from 4 to 6, child from 8 to 10, and adult from 29 to 40 (teens stay the same at 15 and elders' age range did increase, but I didn't feel like doing that math, ). Cassandra and Alexander went from 26 and 4 to 36 and 6, respectively, and Brandi and Beau went from 22 and 2 to 31 and 4. That's the right proportion if you round up. But idk, I could be bad at math. I took my last math class about 13 years ago and resolved to do as little math as possible since then. I'm still waiting for all those 'you'll need to know this in the real world' moments my high school math teacher assured me about. (For any youngin's out there, don't believe the lies! Unless you're in a specific career/field, you'll never need to know anything more than, like, basic algebra and statistics--and you can always use a calculator. No one ever does the math, either; just ask all the truckers who just smash into the overpasses and cause multi-car pile ups and traffic jams.)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Mad Poster
#24232 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 7:24 PM
How do you make it so objects show up in nhood view? Noticed not all my plants do.

Top Secret Researcher
#24233 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 4:42 AM
How to Make Objects Visible in Neighborhood View: The 'For Dummies Edition' by iCad

(Short) instructions on how to make your object visible in the Neighborhood View by Jasana_BugBreeder

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24234 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 11:03 AM
Does anyone know a mod that will let me change interests in-game?
I tried Boolpop but while it's showing on the letterbox and on the sims menu it won't let me drag them up, is there another step or trick to getting that to work?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24235 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 2:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
...on the letterbox and on the sims menu it won't let me drag them up

I've had it work before... you went out to the hood and back after turning boolprop/debug on, right? Then, I think you just shift click (maybe) on the sim. Or maybe you just click and drag on the interest bar?
I'm not in-game right now, so can't check - but, good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#24236 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:09 PM
Quote:
Does anyone know a mod that will let me change interests in-game?
I tried Boolpop but while it's showing on the letterbox and on the sims menu it won't let me drag them up, is there another step or trick to getting that to work?

You have to enable testingcheats in the neighbourhood view, that's what unlocks the UI dragging cheating thing. I've never tried it with interests, but I assume if it works with personality, skills and hobbies it works with interests too. Or, you know, just have them buy and read magazines lol
Inventor
#24237 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:23 PM
Does anyone know how I can fix these doors?
Most of the lots I've downloaded from various creators have the doors looking funky like this. For most cases, picking up the door and placing it back fixes the issue. However, it doesn't work in this case since there are other doors/arches intersecting in the same tile. I can't use the move_objects on cheat because in all the years I've played TS2, placing doors & windows with that cheat on results in the look pictured.
(credit for the beautiful lot goes to CatherineTCJD)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24238 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:27 PM
The only way to allow doors and arches to intersect is to place them with move objects, so, nope, not gonna work.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#24239 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:54 PM
I figured that was the case. I'll just have to remodel them a bit.

Follow-up question: When you guys place doors with the move_objects on cheat, do they look as pictured above or normal?
Click agree if they look like my picture or click disagree if they look normal. I find it odd if that cheat works differently for people.
Mad Poster
#24240 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 7:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBoo8
Does anyone know how I can fix these doors?
Most of the lots I've downloaded from various creators have the doors looking funky like this. For most cases, picking up the door and placing it back fixes the issue. However, it doesn't work in this case since there are other doors/arches intersecting in the same tile. I can't use the move_objects on cheat because in all the years I've played TS2, placing doors & windows with that cheat on results in the look pictured.
(credit for the beautiful lot goes to CatherineTCJD)

It WILL work.
It is just a graphic glitch.
Place it with moveObjectsOn, save, then go out to the hood, and back. Ta-Daaaa! Fixed. Sims don't know the difference.
Be careful about exploiting this in heavy traffic areas - watch the traffic 'flow' - sims like to find ways to get stuck. So, just be careful with it.

I would not upload a lot that doesn't work. Just sayin' ...and Good Luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Inventor
#24241 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 7:11 PM
It worked- thank you so much! Now I don't have to change the floor plans. This is also going to change the way I build so much.. Can't wait to build some tiny homes!
Mad Poster
#24242 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 7:15 PM
YAY! It works for fences and windows too... Have fun

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24243 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
I've had it work before... you went out to the hood and back after turning boolprop/debug on, right? Then, I think you just shift click (maybe) on the sim. Or maybe you just click and drag on the interest bar?
I'm not in-game right now, so can't check - but, good luck!

I turned it on after loading their lot. Should I turn it on in hood view?
You can tell I don't use this cheat very often, most times it's only for an error report. I will try going back to hood view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
You have to enable testingcheats in the neighbourhood view, that's what unlocks the UI dragging cheating thing. I've never tried it with interests, but I assume if it works with personality, skills and hobbies it works with interests too. Or, you know, just have them buy and read magazines lol

Thanks, just noticed your reply further down. And if that doesn't work I will use simpe. For all the many mods I have, its strange one doesn't exist to set interests, but I can't have a chef who has no interest if food.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24244 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:10 AM
Quote:
I turned it on after loading their lot. Should I turn it on in hood view?

Yes! Turn Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled on in 'hood view and then re-enter the lot. It works -- I've just tried it. (And given Nancy Philippine a slight interest in animals that she didn't have before. I can't understand anyone not being interested in animals at all.)

Myself I usually send them out to buy a magazine. They only cost §15 in unowned lots, and it's a good excuse to get out of the house. I think sharing interests helps too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Space Pony
#24245 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 1:57 PM
Any tips on how to get a Wishing Well? The Sims Fandom Website doesn't provide much information about it.

|| Currently Playing: Beginning of Strangetown by Marka93 ||
There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Field Researcher
#24246 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
Any tips on how to get a Wishing Well? The Sims Fandom Website doesn't provide much information about it.

You can get one from the gardening club if they really like your garden. For that you need lots of decorations, very healthy plants (the harvestables), and flowers bought preferably just before they arrive to give the most points.
Mad Poster
#24247 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 3:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1

Buyable Wishing Well - that's what I use...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#24248 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 4:42 PM
How can I force a teen sim to run away? Is there a mod or a cheat?
Field Researcher
#24249 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 5:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel_Muroz
How can I force a teen sim to run away? Is there a mod or a cheat?

There's this mod. I don't know if this is the one I used in the past, but if it is it does work as intended, but the teen will just disappear and everyone will get the memory immediately. If you want the natural way, cheat them a low aspiration with boolprop, give them negative relationships with everyone else, and have them argue and fight with others until they do it themselves. I think that's what triggers it.
Forum Resident
#24250 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 7:05 PM
Why did I take so long to finally get around to fixing my apartment lots up when I could've been working on that all along?I would've had more choices for houseing sims if I'd not kept putting it off.
Page 970 of 981