Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#251 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 4:29 PM
Just few days ago my babies glitched a lot. My female sim left newborn on floor to run into bathroom and after I had to take care of another baby. When I returned to pick up newborn it was nowhere to seen and it turned out the sim who picked up baby left to work with baby. I calmly waited when she returned baby was attached to her chest and she went to put baby in crib. The worse thing happened when I tried to use cake to age baby up. Baby just jump bugged and did not age up. Cake was edible though.
I was going to search for culprit but thanks to Ditension in help section it turned to be MidgeTheTree's Baby Last Name Chooser mod. This mod didn't work anyway.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:27 PM
My latest glitch happenend when I got a new and decidedly unimporoved version of AVG PCTuneUp which was missing almost all of the features the older one used to have and it's options menu bugs out horribly and won't keep your altered settings for scans.I had to find a tool that will make my desktop use the dedicated graphics card in gaming mode instead of having to use full screen to get that to happen.My game was trying to run on the wrong graphics card before I found a few options that helped and one is very easy to activate and switching is easy and can be done before loading the game.My game ran slower and the graphics looked worse before finding the right tools to force the right card to be active for the game.
Mad Poster
#253 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:55 PM
I had a lot (long ago) with a vampire sim who happened to be the father of an alien baby. The baby got attached to him somehow, and then he tried to turn into a bat, but failed. So I have attached the picture of the man with a bat and a baby flying in front of him. He seems amused at the whole thing...

I also had a sim who gave birth to the same set of twins. Over and over again. Unstoppable.

And my current pink-hell just to top it all off (it ended with a crash. Again).
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#254 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I had a lot (long ago) with a vampire sim who happened to be the father of an alien baby. The baby got attached to him somehow, and then he tried to turn into a bat, but failed. So I have attached the picture of the man with a bat and a baby flying in front of him. He seems amused at the whole thing...

I also had a sim who gave birth to the same set of twins. Over and over again. Unstoppable.

And my current pink-hell just to top it all off (it ended with a crash. Again).

I quickly enter boolprop useshaders false and sometimes that clears up things enough to save then do each sim on Gussy up to fix the thumbnails.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#255 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:31 PM
The entire lot had random flashy pink items, and crashed before I could do anything (the full picture had a crash message). But I have been messing about with SimPE lately, and I've had at least 2-3 crashes happen in that neighborhood, so I reset to the "default" state from a backup, so I hope it might be back to working. If not... I don't know.
Instructor
#256 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 6:18 AM
From my old laptop. This sim had an... interesting friend at work
Screenshots
Scholar
#257 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina

That looks like corruption and/or extreme loneliness
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina

Sometimes (very rarely thankfully) the game seems to generate the townies from the game-breaking NPC pool. It once randomly made the ideal plantsim as townie for me too when i generated the downtown townies and seemingly some other game-breaking characters too according to my Hood checker. I don't know why it does that.
Instructor
#259 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:14 PM
And the bunny didn't even show up I think I left without saving and ran Hoodchecker just in case.
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 11:20 PM
It's been so long that I really don't remember why this happened (I probably installed a mod that conflicted with something else, or didn't patch something or other...who knows?), but the two funniest glitches I ever had were:

1) A couple I used to play woohooed and when the dust settled, one of them had the teddy bear stuck through him. I had them woohoo again (I've no idea why I thought that would fix things), and afterward, the teddy bear was impaling the first sim's partner. That event went down in Sim history as The Great Teddy Bear STD.
2) The same pair of Sims adopted a dog, and every time they took the dog out to pee, a microwave would magically appear on the lot. I don't remember how I fixed the problem, but I was kind of sorry to see that glitch corrected. That couple made a small fortune selling all those microwaves.
Lab Assistant
#261 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 6:30 PM
Oh, you know just an entire household deciding to casually disappear. Got them back through the simblender though!

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Scholar
#262 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 2:23 AM
For a long time fireplaces would crash my game.
I was unable to have stacked fireplaces.
it was really weird and got me thinking that it wasn't possible despite having done it before. ie It had me doubting myself.
if it was a mod I don't know which one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#263 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 11:56 PM
I just came across a very strange temporary glitch in a lot where every single CC (and only CC) object could be placed through walls, even when moveobjects was disabled. I reloaded the lot and the glitch disappeared.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#264 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 7:54 AM
I had a weird one yesterday.

Teenage sim Brittany flirted with her friend Finnigan and had her first kiss. Weirdly enough, when I checked her memory, she had the "2 lovers at the same time" memory between those, even though she hadn't flirted with anybody else. She then greeted teenager Robin who she'd never met before, but when they started talking she got the "lost Robin as best friend" memory. I checked their relationship and both the crush and love flag were set. (Friend and best friend had probably been set as well). I know Robin is a romance sim, but she shouldn't be that hot! Besides, Brittany is a family sim, she shouldn't even like her!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#265 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:03 PM
I've had Sims get cheating memories/be unable to get engaged because they had relationship flags with Sims they had never met before. Seems to be some weird Maxis glitch as it happened on vanilla, and oddly enough, it's not necessarily a sign of corruption. There's a romantic batch flag cleaner available somewhere that helps in fixing it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#266 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 4:21 AM
Suck face is just an expression, guys.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#267 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:56 PM
Not really STRANGE per say, but definitely annoying without SimPE: When I played the Pleasant family or Dreamer family, sometimes Sims would randomly become unrelated to each other (I.e. Darren would no longer view his son Dirk as his son or have the family icon. Dirk saw Darren as his father, but Dirk was a stranger to Darren). So I had to fix that in SimPE. Definitely weird as to why that happened. It happen in two different Pleasantviews.
Forum Resident
#268 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 7:49 AM
The premade hoods are known to be corrupted. If you feel like resetting them at any point, consider getting Tarlia's cleaned-up versions of Pleasantview, Strangetown, and so on.
Field Researcher
#269 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 9:34 AM
I did. It happened in both the EAxis hood and Twallan's. Oh well.
Mad Poster
#270 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 10:53 AM
I had an one and a half subhoods all lose their relationships and memories and personalities a while ago. I think it happened when the game crashed during saving, but I didn't notice the pattern for a while because I'd been playing random households. Anyway, it was all easy enough to fix in SimPE (tedious though) and thankfully nobody did anything inappropriate, like flirt with their own twin.
Mad Poster
#271 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:48 AM
It happened today that off-world loiterer was visibe during all the conversation and it was entertaining to see what she actually does. When my sim hanged up the phone she disappeared.
Forum Resident
#272 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 11:03 AM
When your teenage sim has an identity crisis so severe he loses not only his sense of self but also his entire face.

Alternatively, Mercutio Monty can't imagine himself ever wearing jewelry.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#273 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:18 PM
My sim displayed in the bin with no pants. It was post-uni, so she had aged up into this. When I loaded the lot, she was wearing a normal AL dress, not this.
Screenshots
Scholar
#274 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 12:19 AM
Lazlo called over the nanny four days ago to help out when his wife died, and she has not left since. I know it's a glitch, but I'm debating whether to keep her--it is amusing me so much. She changes into PJs to sleep!
Mad Poster
#275 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 7:25 AM
I recently had sims unable to use and sinks or showers in one of my old towns because I haven't played it since adding water required for sinks and showers and those apartments were never edited for that to be in place.I'll have a ton of work getting their homes fixed up if I wanted to play those towns again.
Page 11 of 15