Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#201 Old 25th May 2019 at 11:11 PM
Don't feel bad. I remembered that he'd posted that description not long ago, so I tried Googling for it. I got pages of results where people mentioned that it existed and where it could be downloaded, but none describing what it actually does. Thankfully, the post I was looking for was fairly recent so I was able to find it through the list of posts on his profile page here at MTS.
Advertisement
Theorist
#202 Old 26th May 2019 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Don't feel bad. I remembered that he'd posted that description not long ago, so I tried Googling for it. I got pages of results where people mentioned that it existed and where it could be downloaded, but none describing what it actually does. Thankfully, the post I was looking for was fairly recent so I was able to find it through the list of posts on his profile page here at MTS.

Haha. I gave up on "googling" years ago and I use DuckDuckGo, which not only doesn't track me but also as a general rule gives me more relevant results (ymmv). Even then my results were pretty much the same as yours, although fewer of them.
Test Subject
#203 Old 29th May 2019 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by manu_prieto_cruz1995
Can someone please help me, I started with the Globe, the Child care center and the school mod, but I don't know how to play with my toddlers and kids in there, no taxi come for them

There's more Files need for taxi to arrive and take them to School?

I Tried with only this files in my folder, I extracted all my other stuff trying.

Does anybody manage to go to school, or Child care centers (only toddlers, no adults) with theirs sims?

I'm having the same problem, i can take my toddlers to childcare centers when my sims have cars and a centre is recognized in the neighborhood, but for some reason no taxi arrives to pick up the children/teens the school bus does, yet again in the neighborhood I've made a public school and private [game recognize it as a school] but school bus still arrives and the same for to send your sims to work, i thought you can send your adults to work if you set up a community lot and the game recognize as a work site and actually see them at work,
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:35 PM
Yay! I remember some of these when I first started out
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennaAnne1
I'm having the same problem, i can take my toddlers to childcare centers when my sims have cars and a centre is recognized in the neighborhood, but for some reason no taxi arrives to pick up the children/teens the school bus does, yet again in the neighborhood I've made a public school and private [game recognize it as a school] but school bus still arrives and the same for to send your sims to work, i thought you can send your adults to work if you set up a community lot and the game recognize as a work site and actually see them at work,

I Tried some more tricks and found something very important, the bus stop sign was created to force the bus, so if you place the bus stop sign in your lot, the game won't send the taxi instead of the bus, the sign is for avoid an especific family from go to school (families with teens with jobs or days that you prefer to don't play school)

I highly recommend to all to use the HCDU or Wardrobes Conflict hacks detector, it helps a lot, I Also tested with out no other mods that CH mods, That way I found that the fault was mine :p
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 1:57 PM
By the way now I'm having trouble making work the Wokplace Mod, I made a Restaurant and added the sign and the restaurant stove, but ...
-----Career vehicles don't have the correct code to change lots so we need to have a specific vehicle for this purpose. This includes the van pictured below that uses the Whoopee Vehicle mesh from T&A and the yellow texture from A&N.----

this vehicle never shows up, only the same carpool. so I never leave with my sim to the lot can anybody tell me if maybe I need some file more, or does anybody manage to making it work?
Test Subject
#207 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 12:06 AM
This is a silly question, but does A&N or the religions mod require certain eps/sps? I have the super collection for macs and unfortunately that doesn't have Apartment Life, Freetime, and a bunch of SPs.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by manu_prieto_cruz1995
By the way now I'm having trouble making work the Wokplace Mod, I made a Restaurant and added the sign and the restaurant stove, but ...
-----Career vehicles don't have the correct code to change lots so we need to have a specific vehicle for this purpose. This includes the van pictured below that uses the Whoopee Vehicle mesh from T&A and the yellow texture from A&N.----

this vehicle never shows up, only the same carpool. so I never leave with my sim to the lot can anybody tell me if maybe I need some file more, or does anybody manage to making it work?

Have you noticed this (from the instructions for "Going to Work"):

Leaving For Work
For control to go with your sims the following conditions must be met
1) All sims going to work at the time must be above career level two. Sims do different things at work in the lower levels, it's unreal sending a 'dishwasher' to work with a Restaurant Stove.
Forum Resident
#209 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:20 PM
I have a question for you, Chris. I had a somewhat similar problem to the one mentioned by artcalumby (copying in again here for ease of reference); one big difference was that it did not affect the entire hood, only the two specific households in which I'd ever turned on half-speed. The other big difference: in addition to lack of aging and lack of aspiration decay, the pace of time never went back to normal speed again for those two households, instead staying perpetually at half-time forever. (And the problem persisted in those two households after I supposedly had turned half-speed back off using The Globe, to the point that I had to bulldoze both lots and move the households in elsewhere. I'm going to tag @joandsarah77 in case she has any detail to add, because as I recall her description of the problem, from some entirely separate thread I can't find now, was just the same as mine, down to her having to bulldoze the lot affected.) No lot cleaning, including using your Lot Cleaner, made any difference, hence the desperate bulldozing.

This was at least a year ago, perhaps 2 years. Would your most recent version of The Globe, or perhaps of the Robust Aging Mod plus the most recent Globe, fix this as well? Or is it even the same issue?

Quote: Originally posted by artcalumby
Chris, I'm having a problem with the globe. Whenever I activate the time controller, my sims stop aging and the aspiration bar never decays. This persists even if I take all cc out of my downloads folder. It affected the entire hood since I saved in one lot. I also tried going into an "unaffected" hood without any cc except for the globe and activating the time controller and the issue persists. I have backups of my affected hood so I can use that if I need to, but since I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem i wanted to know what went wrong with my game. Is there something else I need to do?

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#210 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 11:00 PM
I did have a similar issue @natboopsieIt that I believe may have been a clash between Chris' time mod, the original Community Lot Time plus the original Time clock on 2 lots. Time would not return to normal, sims would not age and motives would hardly decay. I ended up bulldozing the two lots and replacing them. This was before the globe came out or before I knew about it as I didn't have it to try. Nothing I tried helped, including moving the sims out and back in, the problem was with the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#211 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 5:43 PM
Yes, jo, that's the issue I remember you mentioning! Good, glad I recalled correctly.

However, I have never used the original CLT mod, though at the time I got this error I had already tried Chris' version of it and concluded it didn't work (in the latest version of the Globe it looks like it requires his globals package too? I certainly didn't install that, so if that was also true at the time, that explains why his version of CLT did not work for me.).

So like I said (for when Chris gets here and is trying to figure things out), I had the problem while using the Globe, and without any but Chris' version of that Community Lot Time ever having been tried in my game (I had thought I'd removed his from my game already at that point, since it never seemed to work). But all the symptoms are the same as yours: confined only to the two lots I tried it on (heh, I should have taken your experience as more of a tale of caution than I did, huh?), only solved by bulldozing, and affecting (or rather, removing) aspiration and motive decay as well as aging---and also just like your problem, with time never going back to normal speed.

Appreciate you weighing in, jo. Hard to believe that it's not the same problem since our symptoms were exactly the same, so I hope this will help Chris figure out what we're talking about!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
#212 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 6:37 AM
One of the faults with the time control is that it'll set the seconds to an odd number, since the game's time increments by 'ticks' which are two seconds the time never reaches zero seconds and a lot of things should happen at zero seconds. There is a couple of other faults with that file as well, a fixed version is available at:
CJH_TimeController.zip (4.4kb)
Mad Poster
#213 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 5:16 PM
@Chris Hatch

There are a few things in T&A/A&N that I wondered if you would mind/could be easily separated for use in any game? If not then thanks anyway. I just wondered if it was possible.

New Relationship Types

1) Platonic Relationship
2) Secret Romance
3) Partnership

Closing and opening curtains
Large Steeple Bell
Working Condoms
Hot Spring Waterfall Shower
Light Extension Cable
Penises for toddlers and babies
Barbie Dolls
Forum Resident
#214 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
One of the faults with the time control is that it'll set the seconds to an odd number, since the game's time increments by 'ticks' which are two seconds the time never reaches zero seconds and a lot of things should happen at zero seconds. There is a couple of other faults with that file as well, a fixed version is available at:
CJH_TimeController.zip (4.4kb)

Appreciate you posting that, Chris! It's a helpful follow-up to our recent PMs.

I'd like to clarify for everyone's sake (including mine, lol)---first, that still requires your Global Overrides, right? So if anyone is trying to avoid those then they still won't be able to use the Time Controller, even this version? And second, does this make your Robust Aging patch (from post 174 in this thread) obsolete, or does that patch have any other use you can think of or expect?

Scholar
#215 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Chris Hatch : 28th Jun 2019 at 5:01 PM.
No it does not require the global overrides, they will actually conflict with it. That is why the newer, different version is required to go with the global overrides.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There are a few things in T&A/A&N that I wondered if you would mind/could be easily separated for use in any game? If not then thanks anyway. I just wondered if it was possible.

New Relationship Types

1) Platonic Relationship
2) Secret Romance
3) Partnership

Closing and opening curtains
Large Steeple Bell
Working Condoms
Hot Spring Waterfall Shower
Light Extension Cable
Penises for toddlers and babies
Barbie Dolls

The New Relationship Types may not be plausible, they have to effect every romantic relationship.
Closing and opening curtains can only be done for default curtains, can probably include the extra curtains.
Large Steeple bell should be no problem, I think the ringing when a wedding takes place is solely an action of the bell.
Condoms; too adult to link to here.
Hot Spring Waterfall Shower should be do-able
Light Extension Cable, definitely no problem.
Toddler and baby willies was controversial enough on BAS. I wouldn't dare.
Barbie Dolls will be no problem but they'd have to be made available for sale in the catalogue instead of a reward item.

I'll take a look at these things over the next couple of days and see what I can do.
Mad Poster
#216 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 5:08 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, you might have to put anything adult under a spoiler tag.
Inventor
#217 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 8:56 PM
Seems I forgot to post it here, but I wanted to leave a big "Thank you!" for the Neighborhood Age Correct mod. Now I don't have to fiddle with how pre-mades age to keep them in sync with those I make or who are born in game
Scholar
#218 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Chris Hatch : 1st Jul 2019 at 3:55 PM.
Collector’s Edition Barbie Doll. Find in the Children's catalogue for §98.
Mansion & Garden Stuff is required for this to show/work in your game.
Originally created as a reward item for little girls. The doll comes in four possible dress style/colours and four possible hair colours. The dress and hair is chosen randomly when it initializes, you don't get to choose. Since this version is not given as a reward item you'll need to use it's debug menu to set an owner.
If the doll remains in it's box it will increase in value over time, once removed from the box it looks better but will depreciate the same as anything else and the box is discarded so it can never be put back in the box. Only the doll owner and any toddler can remove it from the box. If left on the floor a toddler can discard the box, play with the doll by bashing it on the floor which will quickly devalue it. Male toddlers will pull the head off.
Note: for those that think poly count matters; extremely high poly count, over 12,100 faces.
CJH_BarbieDoll.zip (1.8 MB)

Hot Spring Waterfall Shower. Find in the Hobbies-Recreation catalogue for §9500
Bonvoyage EP is required for this to show/work in your game.
Marvine married the large waterfall from Bonvoyage with a shower and gave us the Waterfall Shower , a wonderful looking mod. This marries that to the hot rock spa from Bonvoyage which makes it a lot easier to use, just plop it down without the need to prepare a perfect little dent in the ground first. Also by using the spa as a base there is enough room for two to shower together and room for eight sims to sit around under the waterfall. Although the mesh is completely redone to suit the spa I deliberately retained the look from Marvine's original work so it blends in with Marvine's matching rocks perfectly. I left no footprint on the large rock at the back which means sims and objects can pass through the rock which is not ideal but it does make it easier to place and easier to plop rocks, plants and trees around. Take care not to block the entrances under the rock arches when decorating though as these are the only entrances used for the shower. There are no proper animations going from sitting in the spa to standing under the shower and sometimes it can look quite clumsy as sims get in or out of the shower.
The two actions, take a shower and soak in the spa are both joinable and the join sim will join in whatever action your sim has chosen. Both actions are available autonomously on any lot. The outfit chosen is the same as hot tubs, usually swimsuit.
CJH_HotSpring-Waterfall.zip (666.8 kB)

Light Extension Cable , Find in the catalogue in Ceiling Lights for §300.
When a regular ceiling light is placed in a room of two stories high or more it'll float in mid air supported by nothing which looks weird. The Extension Cable, which is actually a sculpture makes it appear to be attached to the ceiling above. To place it you will need to use the 'moveObjects on' cheat then place it above the light.
CJH_LightExtensionCable.zip (17.0 kB)

Steeple Bell, Find in the catalogue in Architecture for §4080
Mansion & Garden Stuff is required for this to show/work in your game.
This is a big bell, four tiles big, that is visible from neighbourhood view which is it's main purpose, available in brass (default) and silver. It is a two tile by two tile item but it is better in a three by three tower, then it can be surrounded by arches (as pictured). To centre it on a three by three floor you will need to use the either 'setQuarterTilePlacement on' or 'boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false' cheat. The bell will detect a wedding taking place and set it's chime trigger, once the wedding is over it's trigger will fire and it will chime (uses grandfather clock chime sound).
CJH_SteepleBell.zip (42.0 kB)
Screenshots
Alchemist
#219 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
CJH_BarbieDoll.zip (1.8 MB)

CJH_HotSpring-Waterfall.zip (666.8 kB)

CJH_LightExtensionCable.zip (17.0 kB)

CJH_SteepleBell.zip (42.0 kB)

This is awesome, but all the links go to the Barbie Doll download.
Scholar
#220 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
This is awesome, but all the links go to the Barbie Doll download.

Oops, thanks for letting me know, fixed now
Mad Poster
#221 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 4:55 PM
This is awesome! Thanks heaps!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#222 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 5:09 PM
Thank you, Chris! You're the best!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#223 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 11:15 PM
Thank you for the new goodies, Chris. Your various mods and modded items (of which I've been using for years now) have enhanced my game so much. :lovestruc

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#224 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 5:36 PM
I found a conflict with the Mame hack you posted.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Play - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x00002011
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\CJH_Mame.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Computer Fixes.package

It's clashing with Autonomous Computer Fixes here. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

Is there a way to make them work together?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#225 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 6:42 PM
What's the mame hack?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 9 of 13