Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2020 at 1:41 PM
Default What are your best punny business names?
Everyone knows the Sims is pretty punny - but in your custom hoods, what do you name your businesses to make them stand out?

I usually do ‘Charity’s Shoppe’ (believe it or not, it’s a charity shop/thrift store) and it always gets run by a woman named Charity.

I also name my baby shops ‘Cuddle and Cwtsh’ - cwtsh is Welsh for cuddle, so if you translated the name it’d either be ‘cuddle and cuddle’ or ‘cwtsh a cwtsh’ or something, but it’s a cute name.

What are yours?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2020 at 4:13 PM
I use "The Green Thumb" for a gardening business.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th May 2020 at 4:28 PM
Norton's Quarter's is the best I got. The Norton's are butchers selling chopped up chicken bits (courtesy of Plumbbob Keep). It's a new neighbourhood with few businesses, so I hope to get better with names.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th May 2020 at 11:42 PM
My names are mostly boring so I can find them in the list. :/

I think Nooboo Baby store is about the simmiest.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2020 at 12:28 AM
I think the best I came up with was Curl Up & Dye Hair Salon.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#6 Old 15th May 2020 at 3:16 PM
I love punny or sim names, but I can never think of them. But since I've been cleaning up my downloads and catalog, I've been staring at a lot of descriptions lately, and whenever I find a good name, I jot it down. Here's some of the ones I found:

Artis Cool
Bonafide Luxury
Club Distress
Counter Culture (Totally making this a counter and cabinet store )
Dudes Inc.
Engineered Angst
GleeCo
GrowCo
How Eloquent
Kitchensations
McKraken Industries
Mixt Hupp
Modern Simtemporary
Modulin
Neontrix
Nothing Atoll
Paradise Lost (and Found)
Quarky Designs
Romantic Notions
Ruggers Unlimited
Shades of Celebration
Shiny Things, Inc.
SimLine
Simporters, Ltd.
Sorrowful Scions
Spacious Spaces
Square Values
Stiller Life
You Got Muscle

Apologies if I misspelled any of these--I had trouble reading my own writing. Some creator's names, or names of sets, make good store names, too, honestly. Like I'm going to make a store with all my sims2code stuff called No Frills; Around the Sims and Holy Simoly will be stores, too. And I'm definitely going to make a Kitchen Basics store--the question is if I will also need a Nooks and Niches store. Though Buggy's Retreat is a good name, too.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th May 2020 at 3:30 PM
Only one almost punny name in my game : rock-a-look for the local hair salon.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th May 2020 at 1:58 AM
I don't do businesses too often but a couple I liked in the past were Chubby Chook and Crafty wee shoppe
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 17th May 2020 at 3:26 AM
I just have one own business that working out so far it's a Night Club name " Dance All Night." But I also have more than one Community Night Club, one of my favorite is the one I name after a real club that once existed,
years ago in CA name "Dance Your Ass Off." Then I have a Wash house / Laundromat name "Wishy Washy" just to name a few.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th May 2020 at 11:07 AM
"Curl up and dye" hair salon (Juno Birch apparently got the name off the web)
"Frying Nemo" restaurant (The Good Place)
"Mean Grills" bbq restaurant
"Heaters" heating vent store? (for more realistic gamers)
"Dear Evan Handsoap" knock-off Bath and Body Works
"Beetle Juice" bar
"Be More Chili" knock-off Chili's
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
"Curl up and dye" hair salon (Juno Birch apparently got the name off the web)
"Frying Nemo" restaurant (The Good Place)
"Mean Grills" bbq restaurant
"Heaters" heating vent store? (for more realistic gamers)
"Dear Evan Handsoap" knock-off Bath and Body Works
"Beetle Juice" bar
"Be More Chili" knock-off Chili's

You're officially my favourite person. I love musicals ;u;

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Link Ninja
#12 Old 17th May 2020 at 7:01 PM
'The food pyramid' is a grocery store, it would have better if it was built as a pyramid.
'Downward Spiral' is my mutli-leveled, underground bar/night club.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th May 2020 at 11:56 PM
I just revisited my medieval hood and found I'd named a clothing store HMW - short for Her Majesty's Wardrobe.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 9:10 PM
I think I went into the Sims 4 today and took a Thoughtful Shower because I had an epiphany and came up with some stores. I built a lot called Palm Omnia Mall (Paulownia Mall from Persona 3) with three stores: a bright clothing store with pastel colors called Sometimes 23,5 (Forever 21) and a darker one covered in stone called Lukewarm Subject (Hot Topic), as well as a jewelry store called Priya's (Claire's). I don't know if these descriptions fit the real life stores too, since we don't have Forever 21 and Hot Topic here in Hungary (at least as far as I know), but I did once take a peek into a Claire's and from what I could see before the neon purple blinded me it was a jewelry store.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 11:45 PM
"Sheets and Giggles" - a bedroom furniture store
"Fore Sisters Golf Course" - it was run by 4 sisters
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xXPaganWarriorXx
Sorry for my dark humor, I don't mean to offend anyone...
In my main neighborhood there is a café near the graveyard - I called it "Café Exit"...
Keep in mind you're talking to Sims players here. Just to speak for myself, I thought that name was a good one.

Anyway, I don't recall any punny business names I've come up with, but I do have a file with business names taken from places in and around my home city. A few highlights:
  • The Sandbar Lounge (on the beach, perhaps?)
  • Shear Comfort (for a salon/barbershop)
  • Sweet Temptations (for a bakery)
  • Love Is in the Hair (...guess.)

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Alchemist
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 4:39 AM
Was looking for a name for my new main street Pleasantview coffee shop and came across some names on the internet. I found a really good list (https://www.mentalfloss.com/article...names-across-us) and these were some of my favorites:
Wish You Were Beer
Basic Kneads Pizza
Lox Stock & Bagels
Brew Ha Ha
The Brewseum
Open Sesame
Sake2me Sushi Rolls
Bean Me Up
Sherlock's Home
Happy Daze
Vincent Van Doughnut
Over The Tapas
Pastabilities
Turnip The Beet
The Pour House

Some more coffee shop/cafe names from random places across the internet:
Ancient Grounds
Black Eye Coffee
The Grind
Tremors

Some more names from the buy catalog:
Ciao Time
Juspresso
Extra Pep
YouBrew
Fire 'Em Up
Flippin' Fred's Flapjack Shack

And then I thought of "From Toast to Roast" and "You Gots Beans", after the game's Toast to Toaster Oven, and You Gots Feet/Muscle items. But idk about those. I think I might stick with The Grind for my current shop and save Juspresso for a cafe in Belladonna and Brew Ha Ha for a Victorian cafe in north Pleasantview.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 7:10 AM
I like the Sake2Me name for an Japanese restaurant.

#19 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 7:41 PM
Just made a roller rink and named it "Slow Your Roller Rink"
I couldn't think of anything better. The design of the rink is based on one by my house, the walls haven't been painted since the 80's and the playlist hasn't been updated since the early 2000s. I love it. Mine still needs some decorating to make it feel older, though. Ignore the floating lights lol, they're hanging on invisible strings
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 8:12 PM
I love these!

I've rarely had businesses or designed my own community lots.

My best is P.U.R.E which is actually a nightclub that comes with downtown. I always make it the swingers club for my romance and pleasure sims and enjoy the irony of the name.
Alchemist
#21 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 9:54 PM
Today, I thought I heard someone mention a place called R n' Bistro. That wasn't what they said. But ever since, I've been mentally planning out a bistro of that name for my game. Obviously, the restaurant speakers will play the R&B station.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Just made a roller rink and named it "Slow Your Roller Rink"
I couldn't think of anything better. The design of the rink is based on one by my house, the walls haven't been painted since the 80's and the playlist hasn't been updated since the early 2000s. I love it. Mine still needs some decorating to make it feel older, though. Ignore the floating lights lol, they're hanging on invisible strings

I would've named it "Slower Than You Rink". Double word play.

Scholar
#23 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 11:37 PM
The only two "punny" business names come from my Build-a-City hood:

A greengrocer, owned by the Appleby family (founders) called "Appleby's, Oranges and More!". Everything sold is either homegrown or fished from their pond.
A cemetery, owned by a Plantsim, called The Last Rest. Not quite as fun, but it seemed appropriate.

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I also name my baby shops ‘Cuddle and Cwtsh’ - cwtsh is Welsh for cuddle, so if you translated the name it’d either be ‘cuddle and cuddle’ or ‘cwtsh a cwtsh’ or something, but it’s a cute name.

I'm not Welsh, but I was under the impression that the word was spelt "cwtch". I love the idea though!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 2:22 AM
Flish & Clips
Fishulent
Fish you were here
Ulysses S Plant
I'll be hair with bells on

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Scholar
#25 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:08 AM
My company names tend not to be punny, but I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's
Page 1 of 2