Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#101 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 3:04 AM
Got no problem on Windows 7 here

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Got no problem on Windows 7 here

No kidding? are you running it in compatibility mode? I'd like to play it again.
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 1:07 PM
No compatibility mode Only thing that changes when I enter the game is that the transparent taskbar goes solid after I exit it.

You might as well try?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#104 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carmencutie09
My brothers and my sister love the Sims 1. (I used to have it a year ago before I got sims 2)
The sims looks so ugly!

they are very ugly i couldn't believe it. i don't remember them being this awful! lol
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:01 PM
Sorry about necro-ing the thread, but this really is the best place for this here.

How are you guys getting the game to work with Win7? I've got a 1680x1050 monitor - if I play the game in fullscreen, it stretches and warps the pictures making all the sims look like they're half squashed. If I play the game in windowed, it drops the display color from default 32-bit color to 16-bit color and doesn't change back after I exit the game - I've got to go into the monitor settings and change it back to 32-bit (I've actually had this problem since XP it's just more noticable now with Win7). I've tried various compatibility settings, I've tried tweaking the shortcut variables (I've got the disk in the drive but I always start the game from the desktop shortcut not the game disk autorun), I've tried everything I can think of that doesn't include resetting half my software and hardware any time I play the game. Help!
Top Secret Researcher
#106 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:02 AM
Have you tried running it as a Windows...XP game (or whatever version the Sims 1 was)? There's, at least on vista, the option to run games as if you're playing on a computer compatible with that game.

For example, I had a game that was compatible with Windows 95, so I ran it as Windows 95 compatibility mode. And it worked just fine.

If that doesn't help I don't know what will.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:09 AM
Yeah, compatiblilty mode was no help with that - still kept the same problems. I did find out though that I could go into my NVIDIA control panel (which was burried three deep in the Win7 control panel) and change the default stretch/fit options for programs. I've got to run the game in fullscreen instead of windowed like I'd like to, but the game looks like it should when playing and it goes back to 32-bit color on game exit.
Test Subject
#108 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:39 AM
I tried to play the Sims again, but it was just too old and dated for me to play. I've had great memories for it; just not so much about nostalgia to play it on a irregular basis.

Oh and I would shit my pants whenever there's a burgler. That damn cueing music gives me a heartattack each time... I would always look at the clock and anticipate for a burgler.
Field Researcher
#109 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:57 AM
I still have my Sims 1 and all EPs. I'll be darned though that I don't have a single clue anymore how to install CC. I just think I remember it was a lot more complicated,( well the LOTS were anyway. I had a map that indicated the number of the lot so that you could place the house you downloaded in the right spot) than Sims 2 and of course Sims 3. Is there still a tutorial up somewhere on that? I LOVED all the cool, fun things in that game! Drew Cary showing up was just one cool thing. The goofy and unexpected Sims experience of those days wow. O and I completely forgot that they don't age!
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:45 AM
gah, where can i get the cool stuffs now that the site redirects me to ts3 console site, does anyone know about that site that seems like ts1 counterpart of pmbd? or maybe sims 1 graveyard
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#111 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:59 AM
http://www.simwardrobe.com/
http://moonsims.asi.org/dh-sims-site/mysims.html
http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...s/downloads.htm

And what looks to be the main centre for sims 1 discussion: http://www.simblesseoblige.com/

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#112 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:09 PM
i dont play it any more, but the music still plays in my head from time to time....

*hums along.*

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#113 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:08 PM
I used to play TS1 up until recently (recently being from an old person's perspective some 2 years) and have never played TS2. My Intel Mac, however, does not like to run it well under Rosetta and so it is, of course, stuttery. More than TS3 I have to say.
And as Inge said, simblesse oblige was the main starting point for me for new stuff long after the game itself had been disbanded plus a site that, I think, came only into existence then http://www.woobsha.com/index.html
Theorist
#114 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:12 PM
I've never played TS1 before and the dated graphics don't really compel me to want to try it out on my PC and big monitor. However, I thought this might be a good game to port to mobile phones. I'd definitely try an iPhone or Android version of it.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#115 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:24 AM
Totally worth it. Graphics may be prehistoric but the game play is very fun and entertaining with LOADS of activities for your sims. Wish our new gussied up TS3 sims could do some of the thing TS1 sims could. My machine has trouble running it but I sometimes think of buying a cheap used pc just to be able to play it again.
This was my favorite Sims game. Sigh*

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:37 PM
since i don't know where to post ts1 questions...

is there a hack to make child sim act like adult sim? things like; get job, cook, hire npc etc, playing child sims are terrible(everyday's a school day!)
#117 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:47 PM
Tofanpw, why not post at SimblesseOblige, as suggested a few posts up?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:45 PM
ok, hope they can help
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 10:42 PM
I just recently started playing TS1 again, i really missed it. Also because my graphics card got fried and TS3 wouldn't work, nor TS2, but i think TS1 has something that the other two lack of.

I don't know wether it's the style, that touch of reality even with 2D or what, and also TS3 is a complete failure with all these patches we needed to patch so the patch could patch the patch and fixed what needed to be patched, it's crazy! So i kinda got tired of it.

I do still play TS2 on my mum's laptop and so she does too, but TS1 is great for spending some time playing and doing fun stuff, i will always love it (and it has the best music of all three! WTH was that music on TS3?!?! prfff) :3
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 1:32 AM
I haven't played ts1 in a long time. It usually happens like this, play obsessively, get new computer, all games & expansions lost, update to next one. That'll prolly happen again by the time 4 comes out.

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Field Researcher
#121 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 10:04 PM
I've never dealed with nostaliga properly. I was nostalgic about Sonic adventures, so i purchased the game again and to my shock, i didn't like the game as before.

Same result was with Need for Speed Underground 2. I realised because i used to play it with my Family. Now my brother's way to busy with work and my Dad doesn't like video games anymore, i play them alone. And their's no thrill of the game anymore. And who of my friends would like to play ancient games? It's sad.

I remember i played Sims 1 once and loved it, i loved it when you went downtown and that Taxi screen came up. When my brother said he was selling it i wasn't happy, so i 'borrowed' his Sims 1 games from him. I never had a computer then, so i gave them off seeing as i couldn't use them. Then my dear old deceased grandad gave me my first ever computer, and when i asked for the disc's back, they didn't have them -.-. I never got to truely play Sims 1.

"Just like to say, good luck, we're all counting on you" - R.I.P Leslie Nelsen <3

Check out my creations here ^^
Forum Resident
#122 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 10:56 PM
I played TS1 at my cousin's house a few summers ago. All I did though was create interesting ways to kill them. I couldn't bother actually playing. I suppose my problem is I grew up playing TS2, which is a big improvement from TS1, and then playing TS1 after TS2's glory, it was like garbage to me.

But I know the game must be fun. But graphics is a big deal to me...
Test Subject
#123 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:41 AM
I recently installed Sims 1 on my own computer - I had always played it on my mom's because I could never get it to work on Vista (until now, hoho!). I have all expansions except Superstar, but I don't really need it. (That's right, I have the INDIVIDUAL expansions because I bought them as they came out! How old am I? xD )

The Sims 2 is a real step forward, but there is something about the original Sims that makes me crave it...I couldn't care less about graphics if a game is good! (I also never have as much trouble with TS1 downloaded content as I do sometimes with TS2 content. xD Smaller game data makes for fewer errors.)

And do not even get me started on the music! (Not that I've added all the TS1 music onto TS2 or anything.....*cough*)
#124 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 10:02 AM
I personally think that the graphics on sims1 was better in certain respects. For example, the creator had the final say on how detailed an object appeared - also how light and cheerful, how shadowy and forboding. And that applied to the Sims' faces also. You could give a sim a personality and history by how you textured their face. You could do it light and cartoony, or deeply etched by years of suffering.

With Sims 1 and 2, as the game renders the textures, something of the personality of the sims and objects is washed over by the same brush.

Forum Resident
#125 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 11:03 AM
I started playing S1 only couple years ago, about a month before I got hooked on S2. I have the complete collection installed and I still play it now and then. It's a legend, you can't forget it! And it's still fun to me. I just wish that they could have made some objects to S2 or S3 from it... And that is, the mechanical bull!

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Page 5 of 8