Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 6:08 PM
Ugh, I couldn't stand it if they pushed TS3 back to late 2009... maybe mid 2009, I could cope with that, but late? You've got to be kidding me.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 6:51 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was released a year after Apartments comes out. This way, I can meet my long-term goal of making it to 10 generations, considering I'm only on Generation 6, I could use the extra time because I'll drop TS2 like a bad habit as soon as TS3 is released.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jacki
Ugh, I couldn't stand it if they pushed TS3 back to late 2009... maybe mid 2009, I could cope with that, but late? You've got to be kidding me.

I'm not kidding. Not all feel the same way as you and you have to accept that. Pushing TS3 to late 2009-early 2010 will make it more bugfree and EAxis might come up with a lot of new stuff they would never had added. For example: wants and fears wasn't originally going to be added in TS2.

But this is not about what I want anyway. I do look forwards to be able to choose various bodysizes, social reactions and heights! So I'm not against TS3. But sometimes I could just wish these features were added into future TS2 EPs.
But I do look forwards to see what TS3 will be like.
#29 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 1:15 AM
I read an interview once about a game being made and they said that they wanted to add all these cool features but they had to release the game sometimes (it had been in development for 5 years) and so they couldn't add all they wanted to. It is probably the same with The Sims 3: EA is putting all this money into this game and they want their profits asap, so they release the game at the earliest date possible (factoring in design, testing etc.). EA knows that if they release a game with a few more bugs and a few less features than it would have if it was released a year later the sales will be the same anyway.

Also it is impossible the add a large majority of the features in The Sims 3 into The Sims 2 expansions packs...adjustable heights would require a complete overhaul of how many animations work.

I too am looking forward to The Sims 3. It looks so promising atm, I just hope it lives up to expectations!
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:38 AM
I don't mind. It'll give me mor time to play around with the upcoming EP Apartments. And it'll give the creators more time to go over certain bugs and stuff. Besides, I don't relly want a RUSHED TS3. That's why I don't mind it being pushed to late 2009.
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:41 AM
I think I agree.....the sooner sims 3 comes out the chances for playing sims 2 will decrease!!!!!!! So till 2009 we get enough time to play the 'hell' out of sims 2.....:D
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dark_jean
I think I agree.....the sooner sims 3 comes out the chances for playing sims 2 will decrease!!!!!!! So till 2009 we get enough time to play the 'hell' out of sims 2.....:D

And download all the CC possible until your computer explodes.

Seriously, with a late release date, it's time to go all out on TS2!
#33 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:24 PM
possible to have apartments and sims 3 together with spore this year... possible for sims 3 to be in 2009, possible to be in 2010... nobody knows... we must wait and see
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd May 2008 at 8:41 PM
I'm not getting it anyway. Not until you can have seperate neighbourhoods.

Honestly; every time we get a new Sims game they limit the flexibility of the game - how on earth can we make themed 'hoods when we can only have one large neighbourhood?!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:23 AM
Im dying for TS3 to come out, but I'd prefer to wait a bit longer and get a better game. If TS3 comes out a few months late, a years time after launch nobody will care. But if it comes out bug ridden and half baked, the effects will be a lot longer lasting on us Sims fanatics.
#36 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
I'm not getting it anyway. Not until you can have seperate neighbourhoods.

Honestly; every time we get a new Sims game they limit the flexibility of the game - how on earth can we make themed 'hoods when we can only have one large neighbourhood?!

I have the want of that too, but it wont stop me from buying the game when it comes out.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn

How long did it go after Makin Magic was released for TS2 to come?

Eleven months.

The Sims, February 4, 2000

6 months

Livin' Large, August 2000

7 months

House Party, March 2001

8 months

Hot Date, November 2001

4 Months

Vacation, March 2002

6 Months

Unleashed, September 2002

8 Months

Superstar, May 2003

5 Months

Makin' Magic, October 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Months

The Sims 2 September 14, 2004

6 months

University March 1, 2005

6 Months

Nightlife September 13, 2005

6 Months

Open for Business March 2, 2006

7 Months

Pets October 17, 2006

5 Months

Seasons March 1, 2007

6 Months

Bon Voyage September 4, 2007

5 Months

FreeTime February 26, 2008
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th May 2008 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Higgins, I didn't start this thread to say that I'm not all that pleased with TS3 from what I have seen but of course I am looking forwards to be able to walk around without load screens.
I started it to discuss if it will be pushed to the second half of 2009. It has nothing to do with me wanting or not wanting TS3. It just feels like a natural choice to take when Apartments Life is going to be released this autumn.

So.... Do you think TS3 could be pushed to late 2009?

Good question!

I was thinking it would come out in Sept. 08. Their original plan was to release it in the 08 fiscal year which runs from April 08, until March 09. Then they announced it would be out in 09.

Of course since they made that statement, they have announced Apartment life, but I think Apartment life was an add on and not in the original plans.

And since then Rod Humble has said, I quote, "Firstly let me acknowledge that there are many Sims players who would like Makin Magic or Superstar for Sims 2. I hope you know us well enough by now that you realise we always do our best to make what you ask for. Sims 2 development is certainly not over yet and we have not yet revealed all details of what we have in store."

So, I now have no idea what they plan to do other than to make more, and more money. They appear to have decided to keep making expansion packs for the Sims 2 as long as people keep buying them. How this effects Sims 3, I have no idea.

Well, actually I have two idea's. They might be going to try and have both games going at the same time. In other words still making expansion packs for Sims 2, and go ahead and introduce Sims 3. This wouldn't be a problem since they have two different teams.

Or, they have decided to release the Sims 3 late in 09, after they have made a Superstar/Making Magic expansion pack for Sims 2 in early 09.

Personally I want the Sims 3 as quick as I can lay my hands on it. I'm bored with Sims 2 now and I'm not going to buy anymore Stuff Packs or expansion packs for Sims 2. I'm already following that plan because I haven't bought the last two stuff packs since I don't play Free Time.

Whatever route they take I don't see them waiting 11 months between games anymore. That just won't happen since they are milking Sims for all they can.

And whenever they release Sims 3 it WILL have bugs in it. Wanting a game as complex as the Sims3 bug free is an impossible task. I don't think they could make it bug free if they had all EA employees working on it. They just can't simulate every way millions of players will play the game.
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Will Galen

Personally I want the Sims 3 as quick as I can lay my hands on it. I'm bored with Sims 2 now and I'm not going to buy anymore Stuff Packs or expansion packs for Sims 2. I'm already following that plan because I haven't bought the last two stuff packs since I don't play Free Time.

I feel the same really, as soon as I heard about sims3 I didn't bother with Free Time. I have all the EP's up to BV and I won't be getting anymore.
My fingers are twitching with excitement and an Ep for sims2 will not stop them.
Maxis will continue to release Ep's for sims2 so long as people buy them.
Some people won't bother at all with sims3, some (like me) can't wait and some will play both.
Whatever happens, maxis will be the winner again and they should feel very pleased with themselves, and quite right too, I wish I had thought of the idea!!!!
Page 2 of 2