Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2015 at 10:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Application Terminating" On Loading Screen
Hi all.
So recently I've been working on my SimPE skills. I fiddled around with it here and there and did some run-of-the-mill DNA changes. It was really no big deal, and no different than what I've done in the past. However, I used SimSurgery for the first time to get the mother's eyes to her daughter- again, nothing crazy. I also went into said mother's university tab while browsing through my sims and changed what semester she was in. (I have both Inteen and SimBlender, and I've had many successful pregnancies with sims in uni as well- so I don't think it's because of this either.)

I went to go run my game, and right as it got to 'blahblah Orbital somethingblah" I got a pop-up saying:
The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.

Things I've done to try and fix this:
  • Remove the Downloads file. (The popup still appears, yet on the bright side my game loads MUCH faster. CC problems can be ruled out.)
  • Deleted cache files & other user data and allowed the game to generate new ones. Twice. Alas, no avail.
  • Went *back* into SimPE and gave the daughter back her original Maxis eyes; fixed the mother's university tab as best as possible. Still broken.
  • Removed the neighborhoods folder. These seem to be causing the problem.

The neighborhood in question is Belladonna Cove. Originally I thought it was specifically just the college neighborhood, but now it seems to be all of Belladonna Cove. However, I'm not sure because I can't seem to find my Custom College's file in the N001 folder. :\
When I took out the entire Neighborhood folder, my game loaded up to the neighborhood selection menu just fine. When I added back the CC, it still ran perfectly. But when I toss the old neighborhood folder back in, CRASH! Game go boom.
EDIT: Even when I take out Belladonna Cove (provided it's N001 and I'm not missing the memo,) the game still crashes.

And, of course, I didn't make a back up before messing around in SimPE. I guess I have to learn my lesson the hard way. Scold me as much as you want, but trust me when I say I've beaten myself up over it enough already.
I have UC by the way. If that makes any difference.

...On that note...any suggestions?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th May 2015 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Hi all.
So recently I've been working on my SimPE skills. I fiddled around with it here and there and did some run-of-the-mill DNA changes. It was really no big deal, and no different than what I've done in the past. However, I used SimSurgery for the first time to get the mother's eyes to her daughter- again, nothing crazy. I also went into said mother's university tab while browsing through my sims and changed what semester she was in. (I have both Inteen and SimBlender, and I've had many successful pregnancies with sims in uni as well- so I don't think it's because of this either.)
What did you do exactly? Sim Surgery can do alot of things.
N001 is Pleasantview which is the first neighbourhood made in the game, Belladonna Cove is E001 I believe.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:28 PM
^ Ah, you're correct. Silly me. I guess since Belladonna cove is the first one on the selection menu, I thought it would be N001.

I guess I should've elaborated more on what I did. My bad.
-My Patient sim I selected was the sim's baby, Keira.
-The Archetype sim I selected was the mother, Paige.
-I selected the option of "Eyes Only." I clicked the surgery button and commit, as usual with anything else.
All I wanted to do was make Keira have her mother's eyes. Whoops.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:34 PM
What you did in SimPE should not have caused this issue, it could be a co-incidence. This sounds like neighbourhood corruption if your game loads fine without Belladonna Cove.

As MileyTheSimmer pointed out Belladonna Cove is not N001, that is Pleasantview.

You could try renaming your sims 2 folder and letting your game make a new one. Then move across your saved folders. You must cut out the new hoods that the game makes. So you would cut out the new Belladonna Cove and put in your own saved one. Also delete the neighbourhood manager. Doing a game regeneration clears out anything corrupted in those folders. If the problem is with your old Belladonna Cove the problem will remain. You would then be down to reverting to a backup or extracting your sims and remaking the hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:16 AM
@joandsarah77 Where's the thanks button? You're always so helpful!
Are there any helpful tips/tutorials for extracting sims? I've never done something like this before.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:55 AM
Extracting isn't hard- because I can do it lol. http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html This is the best tutorial. Do make sure to rename what SimPE tries to call it, using the sims own name is best. It's important to clone each extracted sim in Body Shop then delete the extracted sim. The clone is what you use because it's clean and free of bugs. Clones do not come with recessive genetics, if they have those and you want them back you can set those up in SimPE as well. You can also set back things like skills in SimPE or with in game tools like the bat Box, Sim Blender and Sim manipulator.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:08 AM
Bit late to this party, sorry, but you could have tried deleting the neighborhood.package in the Neighbourhoods folder. That sometimes corrupts when you mess about in SimPE but the game will make you a new one just like the cache files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc