Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Qahne : 28th Feb 2017 at 6:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default -SOLVED- Nuke invisible objects in Build/Buy?
I'm working on a lot that is fairly CFE heavy and is near completion, but somehow two objects have gotten themselves stuck and are causing two floor tiles outside to be undeletable. I've played a copy of the lot and deleted the tiles using Pescado's nuke box just fine, but it's a house I'd like to be able to use in other hoods, so I don't want to have to move in a family and cause possible corruption when placing the lot elsewhere just to get rid of a pair of problem tiles. Is there a way to nuke stuck objects without entering live mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:49 PM
Did you try the sledgehammer? That usually works on pretty much everything.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:50 PM
It might be a stupid question but..would these stuck objects show up in clean installer, if you package your lot to a file?
Could you delete them from there?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM
I've used all the tools in the book - sledgehammer, covering them with flooring and ctrl + shift clicking, covering them with foundation and then removing that, using CFE to bring them up to wall level and placing stairs - the stairs wouldn't even create a cutout in them. These tiles are quite borked, not seen anything like this in a while. Clean Installer won't show the stuck objects because it's not CC, I'm afraid.

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:20 PM
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:23 PM
I have not used it myself, but I have seen the Unlock tiles option when using the LotAdjuster - maybe it will be worth a try?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:30 PM
@simmer22, yeah, the stuck object remover is the proper name for the "nuke box" I referenced It works fine, only problem is you have to enter Live Mode for it to work...which means moving in a Sim, which means making the lot improper to package / upload / move to other 'hoods without causing corruption.

I'll try the Unlock Tiles thing, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the road tiles.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:42 PM
Normally rebuilding with CFE to the stuck tile level, adding some more tile then smoothing the area and past the area with the terrain tool works. Usually its some invisible grid height just beyond the stuck tile that's keeping it there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 11:12 PM
Would the Lot Inspector be of any use?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
@simmer22, yeah, the stuck object remover is the proper name for the "nuke box" I referenced It works fine, only problem is you have to enter Live Mode for it to work...which means moving in a Sim, which means making the lot improper to package / upload / move to other 'hoods without causing corruption.

I'll try the Unlock Tiles thing, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the road tiles.

If the worst comes to the worst, you could always move a sim in and then clean the lot. Chris Hatch's new lot cleaner mod might help here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:34 AM
Have you used "moveobjects on" with the sledgehammer? In my game, that combination gets rid of stuff that the sledgehammer by itself can't remove.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Qahne : 28th Feb 2017 at 3:14 AM.
Tried the CFE trick, no luck. Likewise with using the sledgehammer with move objects on. The weird thing is that I don't even need to use the stuck objects remover when the house has someone living there; as soon as I moved a sim into a copy, I was able to delete the tiles without doing anything else. But the same copy, before anyone had moved in, wouldn't allow me to do that. It's very frustrating.

Edit: I downloaded and used Chris Hatch's lot tool, but it didn't resolve the issue for me - whatever was on those tiles wasn't a controller. I think it might be the animation jig from NixNivis' sparring dolI - the only object I can think of having put there was her sparring doll, and when I moved it, it must have been waiting for Live Mode to load so it could initialise and move the jig to its new position. Deleting this object didn't help, though, so maybe it was just one of those weird bugs.

I couldn't find the "unlock tiles" option in LotAdjuster, but that did give me an idea - since the stuck tiles are in the back yard, a tile or two away from the building itself, I removed what little stuff was in the yard, opened up LotAdjuster and shrunk the back of the lot down until it was just overlapping the broken tiles, and it worked! I loaded up the game, saved, opened up LotAdjuster again and expanded the lot back to its original size, and it's all working fine now. I thought that perhaps it wouldn't let me shrink the lot due to there being tiles in the way, but it was fine. A little scary since next time an issue like this happens, it might be in a spot that is more sensitive and not so easily fixed with LotAdjuster, it would be nice to have an alternative.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 3:12 AM
I'm not maxon, but here's the link to the lot cleaner: https://app.box.com/s/zqpm2wwdcmryzdv096rkl4asx0naby7s
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:33 AM
That's great that you found a solution! Lot adjuster is very handy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 3:43 PM
I do have a thingy for just this purpose, to clear a tile while in buy/build mode. To use it place one on each tile you want to check/clear then place another one on top of it, it will only clear the tile if there's already one on the tile to prevent accidently deleting stuff as you move it into place. It's in the General/misc part of the catalogue (cost is 269).

https://app.box.com/s/8a97q23sfuxtngf5ynvrcg1mros6abp5
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 6:22 PM
Thanks a bunch, that's extremely handy!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th May 2020 at 11:29 PM
I just had a similar problem as Qahne and Chris's fix worked like a charm for me. It's still available too.