Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 1:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Downloaded a fix for crashing now my game minimizes
Hi everyone so I have been playing Sims 2 since it came out on older computers. Well I play other games too so I upgraded my laptop to a gaming PC. So I started playing, spent a good hour and a half making a full family I've been wanting to play, get to the grandpa and my game crashes. Now I have a deep emotional scar haha. I found the fix, installed it just like the video said to do but now my Sims game exits and goes to the desktop whenever the standby memory depletes. So every 5 minutes my games goes back to the desktop. It's also causing my other games to do this also, which is very annoying.

Did anyone else have this issue or know how I can fix it or what I did wrong?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 1:49 AM
When you say fix and video do you mean the 4 GB patch and Jessa's video? because that talks about clearing the standby memory. Please be specific in what fixes you have tried.

There is also the graphic rules and some people on win 10 find DXVK to work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
When you say fix and video do you mean the 4 GB patch and Jessa's video? because that talks about clearing the standby memory. Please be specific in what fixes you have tried.

There is also the graphic rules and some people on win 10 find DXVK to work.

Yeah, I used the 4gb patch and Jessa's video. Now everytime the 4gb patch runs and the standby memory empties my games return to desktop.

I will google DXVK, can you elaborate on the graphics rules?
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 6:45 AM
If you have 4gb patch installed, are you trying to start the game with compatibility mode? If yes, turn that off.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 8:06 AM
Open up task scheduler and set accordingly:

It'll prevent Empty Standby List from opening the command prompt window and stealing focus.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives