Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 1:04 PM
Default I might have saved while a guest was on the lot
My Sim brought a coworker over. I don't know if he left on his own or not but at some point I saved the game in a hurry and when I checked again he wasn't there. In case he was still there, does that mean that the moment I saved he was removed and more importantly would that cause corruption?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 1:11 PM
No. He might be stuck there invisibly, which is a problem, but one that can be fixed with the batbox and which has no larger implications.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#3 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 2:13 PM
A further question- is it bad to save while you have guests on the lot? I’ve never heard this before or seen an issue come from it in my own game
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 2:29 PM
I've saved many, many times with visiting Sims on the lot. Including in Veronaville which I've been playing for over 7 years. This is the first that I've heard that it might be a problem. Entertaining visitors, who often stay overnight, is an essential part of my game. Visitors leave when their motives get low. There's usually a little message box in the top right-hand of the screen telling you that they're going, but sometimes I don't see the message. That might mean it wasn't displayed, or it might just mean that my attention was elsewhere, and I didn't notice it. Either way it's never been a problem.

The only problem I've had is when I've made a visiting Sim controllable with Dolphin's Control this Sim, and then saved and quit. In that case, when I reopen the lot, the visiting Sim isn't there. This can leave a Sim who was interacting with the visitor. in a very odd position. I therefore try to remember to click on Stop controlling this Sim before I save.

Seriously, I don't think you've anything to worry about. The batbox (ffsdebugger.package from MATY) will clear up any problems.

I would also strongly recommend Mootilda's Hoodchecker, as well the habit of making and keeping lots of backups, so that, even if your 'hood does become unplayable, you can restore from a recent backup.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
A further question- is it bad to save while you have guests on the lot? I’ve never heard this before or seen an issue come from it in my own game

Not that I'm aware of. Saving while a Sim on a phone can be problematic because a game reset can cause them to become trapped off-world (which can lead to 'hood corruption if you later bin the lot while they're still around), but it's easily fixed with batbox.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 2:59 AM
I'll try the batbox and the hoodchecker then. I've already started making backups so at least I've done that lol. When it comes to modifying the game I'm a complete noob. Thanks for all the help guys!

As for saving with visitors over... I don't remember reading about this anywhere but after learning (the hard way) you're not supposed to save while your Sim is on the phone I must have got it into my head that it's better not to save with visitors either. I'll download the batbox and the hoodchecker and hopefully I won't find anything. I'm very careful to avoid corruption but it's practically impossible with this game.
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassie95
I don't remember reading about this anywhere but after learning (the hard way) you're not supposed to save while your Sim is on the phone I must have got it into my head that it's better not to save with visitors either.

I second this. I know I've read multiple places to not save while someone's on the phone and if there's an active ghost...but I don't recall seeing anything specifically about visiting sims. However to be safe I try super duper duper extra hard not to. I have an auto saver mod to prompt me every 12 sim hours (since my game is known to crash after several hours of play) and whenever I get the prompt I quickly check all around the lot to make sure there's no walkbys/strays/wolves as well as I won't save if the maid or nanny are around.