Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 4:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Very Strange Crashing Issue with Windows 10
I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm at my wits end.

I've done the 4gb patch, I have the Nvidia Graphics Fix from LeeFish, I've done a completely clean reinstall, and still the issue persists:

I can install a certain combination of cc, and then after that anything else I add to the game causes crashes as soon as I go into Build Mode. I've done 50/50s for the last 4 months. I either can't have anything or I can only have a handful of folders (10 for example) in any random combination. As soon as I add anything else at all - foods, bedding, vehicles: instant crash in build mode. It's bizarre as I've never had this type of problem with this pc before.

I've tried uninstalling updates, and that didn't work to resolve this either. I've been getting frustrated because with each 50/50 on the same content, I find a different set of 'problem files'. These are always files I've had in game before with no problems whatsoever because I always download the same set of cc. I have around 40 folders in, and it all works perfectly... until I add the folder containing cars. Crash. The car folder works perfectly, until I add bedding. Sometimes it's a folder that only contains some wall and floors, other times it's a folder that has a single poster mesh in it. It's random things each time, and each time my config log tells me 'Access Violation' and there's no way to find out what's causing the problem.

I suspect it's not my cc, as again, I've done 50/50s for months - loading testing, one file at a time, or half the folder at a time - doesn't matter. Always a different set of conflicts, always a different set of issues.

Please, any help would be so appreciated! I am preparing to try DEP as the last thing I did was to do a complete clean reinstall of Windows 10 AND TS2 and that did absolutely nothing.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DESKTOP-QNERPLB-config-log.txt (10.4 KB, 18 downloads)
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2020.04.16 22.52.46.txt (13.2 KB, 5 downloads)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 9:05 AM
Maybe it's just the maximum number of mods/cc your pc can handle without crashing game?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 9:06 AM
I would say it's your graphics card being only 2GB. I had something similar on an AMD card and once I bought a 4GB NVIDEA, crashing from CC quantity stopped.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
My... graphics card is only 2gb? Actually, I had no idea... okay, I'm going to try ordering a new one - thank you Jo @joandsarah77!

I use the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and I know a few others do too, but I think any 4GB card should do.

It's 2GB If its the one shown on your log. (One time my log showed a card I didn't have because my pc has lead me a merry dance with this game.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spe...e-gtx-950.c2747

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~