Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC Not Showing Up After Moving To New Laptop
Whats up? I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin. I have gotten a new laptop last week. I backed up my game up to a portable drive, and when I installed my custom content onto this new one, only the Buy Mode custom content will not appear. The Body Shop and Game Mods will show up however. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and reset my laptop, and it still doesn't work. And also, there is a glitch where the neighbors will not come out of their apartments too. Is there a Intel Graphics Rules .sgr file to download anywhere? I'd appreciate any help.

Here are my laptop specs:

HP 17-by
Windows 10 Home
Intel i3 10th Gen Processor 1.20 GHz
8GB Ram
Intel UHD Graphics
64-bit
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 12:08 AM
Your processor is too low to run the game properly. I would be more concerned about burning out your laptop than the CC right now. You want at least a 2.4 processor, so any CC at all is going to be stressing it. I would not be putting in anything but some eye defaults and turning all the setting down and use a cooling pad and not playing for long. If it's under warranty I would be taking it back and getting something a little better.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 7:24 PM
Did you create your Downloads folder yourself? I've found that the best way to get the game to recognize the folder is to let the game generate it itself by running bodyshop once and then put the files in there and enable them in the in game settings and restart for it to stick. (if you already made a folder just move or rename, run bodyshop and move the files to the new Downloads folder)

For the graphics rules file, start by creating video cards file yourself by following this tutorial then go here and it's probably safest if you test the one called 'Graphic Rules - INTEL - MedCPU - Texture Fix' to see if your computer can handle that one without bursting into flames.