Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2601 Old 6th Mar 2020 at 3:35 PM
You're writing a paper on medievalism, and you keep typing medievalsim.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2602 Old 6th Mar 2020 at 3:49 PM
You see a song title pop up, 'simmer' by Hayley Williams and think it's a song about playing Sims

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#2603 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 6:07 AM
When it's your birthday and you see the time is 5:57pm and you think "I'm going to age up soon!"
Lab Assistant
#2604 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 1:20 PM
When you say something in Simlish instead of English and your friends think you're nuts
Lab Assistant
#2605 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 9:09 PM
When you have played sims 2 on and off since release and now you have to choose between a game (let's be real, sims is the only reason for me to have my old desktop) and a sewing table.
Being a proper adult I now have a sewing machine and table, but went to the basement and played. It's all concrete down there and the setup has a few flaws, but I think it is a good thing that my feet got cold so I had to go back up, say hello to my husband and go to bed.
Mad Poster
#2606 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 1:19 AM
When waking up I thought how sick of the world I am, and thought: I should just delete this one and start over. Hello, God?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2607 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 4:18 AM
When you see someone's last name of "Sims" and you think he must be related to the game...

But seriously-when your computer dies the fiery death and you go into mourning until it gets fixed-and you tell the person fixing it: "Save my game no matter what you have to do! Please, just save it from oblivion!" and then you go into extreme anxiety remembering all those downloads you never backed up..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2608 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
and then you go into extreme anxiety remembering all those downloads you never backed up..

Eep, thanks for the reminder! I backed up all my folders to my external hard drive the other day but didn't think about all the gigs of content that I don't have installed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2609 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PastelSkulls
When you say something in Simlish instead of English and your friends think you're nuts

OMG you speak Simlish?! But I was really impressed when I watched a movie and a guy called out to a friend to stop by saying "glerm poogy" which I think is "come here doggy".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#2610 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 8:34 AM
You play too much when you have 6 copies floating around your computer.
Field Researcher
#2611 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
You play too much when you have 6 copies floating around your computer.

No that's not too much! (has thirteen!)
Scholar
#2612 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
No that's not too much! (has thirteen!)

Never mind for I've found another folder with 8 copies... and 4 copies of the game install files.
Mad Poster
#2613 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 6:48 PM
That few?

My husband: How DO you fill up a 300 gb hard drive?
Me: Backups of Sims 2 neighborhoods. All the way back to when I first started playing.
My husband: Why? No, wait, don't answer that. Are you sure you can't delete some of them?
Me: Yeah, I can delete some. Just have to figure out which.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#2614 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 7:01 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 13th Mar 2020 at 7:26 PM.
I copy my Sims backups to DVDs. Once I've checked that they're good copies, then I delete the older ones from the hard drive. Yes, I too have got backups going right back to when I started playing! I started playing on 30th November 2012, and my oldest backup is dated 12th December 2012. At that time the only Sims I had played were Andrew and Gloria (created on 30th November 2012) and Gloria's boyfriend (now her fiancé!:luff Garry Mackay (created on 11th December 2012). Julian Moltke (Andrew's boyfriend) and his family weren't added until 20th December 2012. I joined MTS on 6th December 2012; in those days you had to register before you could download.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#2615 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 9:02 PM
When your mii lookalike in Tomodachi Life decides to marry and have a kid with the mii version of Mortimer Goth.
Top Secret Researcher
#2616 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 6:44 AM
You know you've been playing Sims 2 too little when you've forgotten: how to enter a cheat, where your new founder is located, and all the lovely cc you don't remember downloading. It's been 18 months - too long.
Mad Poster
#2617 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:39 PM
In my game I got the message (I think it comes from the Social Work department) that Tessa Ramirez was hungry and needed fed. I also had my (real life) mother calling from downstairs that she was hungry and needed more food. I got Checo to cook spaghetti and feed Tessa before I paused the game, and went downstairs to get something ready for my mother. Well, I can only say in my own defence the that the Social Work department weren't getting on to me about her.

Actually Tessa wasn't really all that hungry (her parents were both hungrier), and the main reason for her being hungry was that she'd been having a whale of a time having a long pillow fight with little Hans Moltke (Julian's little brother). For his part Hans is now thinking that he'd like to grow up to be a real teenage heartthrob, with all the gay boys and all the straight girls in love with him. (If he keeps his good looks as a teenager, I wouldn't bet against it.)

I don't think my mother was in any real danger of dying of starvation either.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#2618 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 2:10 PM
When you make and name your Miis from your sims 2 sims in Tomodachi Life.
Scholar
#2619 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 4:58 PM
You watch a TV program (Hunted, in this case) and try to figure out how to set it up in the game. (It would be pretty tricky but I'd have fun trying!)
Mad Poster
#2620 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 7:28 PM
When you play TS2 three real life days in a row, only pausing for sleep.
Though after 3 days it started to glitch, so I needed to quit and use Hood Checker.
Forum Resident
#2621 Old 30th Mar 2020 at 12:06 PM
When .... You want to arrest one of them Townie Sims who pass by for no reason. For a second, I couldn't work out why he wasn't isolating like everyone else in my life.
Scholar
#2622 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 7:19 AM
when you've just finished building 70 lots in one "style" and moving to another location you continue with it for a minute.
moon style architecture doesn't seem necessary for a lush forest valley.
Forum Resident
#2623 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 4:45 PM
When you're shown a picture of your nephew who looks a lot like your niece (his sister) and your first thought isn't "yeah they have the same parents duh" but instead "firstborn syndrome"
Mad Poster
#2624 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:43 PM
It's when I start talking about Dodge instead of the real world and about the 1840's like it's the present.
#2625 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 6:23 PM
when your eyes are red from looking at the computer screen all day - and it's from playing Sims 2 and not doing your online classes. I mean, organic chemistry and biology labs online?? Hoping I can get credit for my gen eds 1001 Architecture: Using Sims 2 and 2112 Education: Family Simulation
Page 105 of 115