Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#801 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 5:16 PM
Also, I have 4 hacks: Double Lifespan, 20 day seasons, no school at summer and faster homework. I guess the double lifespan can be considered cheating really. Means I have longer to do certain things. Faster Homework and No school at summer aren't really important are they? Well, the summer vacation (or holiday, if your british, like MEE) could make it harder really. And the 20 day seasons can mean death during winter or summer. COuld anyone tell my if any of those could be bad in this challenge?

Edit: I forgot about the edit button :/
Advertisement
#802 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:39 AM
I have been doing this the last few days and it's really amusing! I tried to not marry, but I gave in. I was so tempted (multiple times) to just use one kaching, but I didn't! But anyway, my first kid is still a toddler, so I have long ways to go. Hah.
Lab Assistant
#803 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 11:02 AM
Can we still dig for treasure?
Alchemist
#804 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 2:34 AM
No, too easy.
Test Subject
#805 Old 20th May 2009 at 8:32 PM
I think I'm going to try this challenge now! I did the Asylum challenge, but I'm not up to trying Legacy yet. It looks like a lot of fun.

Does anyone know what the ruling is on the ACR hack, though? I want this sim to live in a custom hood I have, so I don't want to take it out for when I'm playing with the others, but would it make things too easy?
Lab Assistant
#806 Old 22nd May 2009 at 6:12 AM
not for me. i love to type "motherlode" in the cheatbox.
Test Subject
#807 Old 24th May 2009 at 2:05 AM
My starting sim, Maggie (old maid) gave me no small amount of trouble. I think I'll have to start again: I cheated to get her pregnant 4-5 days before she turned into an elder. She had gotten pregnant once at a community lot just a couple days into the challenge, but she had a miscarriage (thankfully--she couldn't even support herself at that point, much less a child!). Her twins now, Maxwell and Molly, are both gorgeous redheads, just like her, and Molly has the prettiest violet eyes. Her dad is my favorite sim in my game. I'm still going to play as close to the rules as possible, though, because it's fun and I've never actually played with families and generations, but next time, I'll try to follow the rules exactly.
Test Subject
#808 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 12:58 PM
I might have a go at this, and from what im seeing it doesnt look as hard as it first seemed. Although im not the best for romance when it coems to sims.
I cheated a couple of times on sims 3 though, now we've lost the disk so its sims 2 for me at the moment.

also i may fins a messed up way for doing this on sims 3 if we find the disk, heh, i might even give some screenshots.
Instructor
#809 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=clw8]Well, not much of an update from the last. About all I did yesterday was have the kids have b-day, and get Miguel to get Ophelia pregnant one last time, as, he turns elder in like 1 or 2 sim days now.... I'll have to add points next time, as, I don't even remember anything significant happening :-)
So, just to updated family pics .... the next I show'll have 6 kids and Miguel will be elder ..... so sad

Miguel is so cute, and the pictures you make look really great. I like his Ophelia too - the hair you gave her looks so much better! If you upload Miguel I'll download him in a heart-beat. I'd love to have him running around in one of my neighbourhoods.
Lab Assistant
#810 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 6:55 PM
Wow.. just looking for a small challenge.. this one looks fun! Might have to try it! Thanks!
Inventor
#811 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 2:24 PM
i had a go at this - first time i've played with no cheats!!
But i only got to 3 kids befor my woman became an elder, so i guess i lost :/

in all i got:
pond +50
first fish +50
Bronze badge +550
silver badge +550
Full Enthusiasm +10
gold badge +550
married +5000
first fish +50
bronze badge +550
silver badge +550
baby +1000
baby +1000
passed out -500
passed out -500
passed out _500
age +70
age +70
age +70
age +70
pass out -500
boots -900

=3290

(i forgot to check how much money i had :/)

one thing i'm not sure of though, the matchmaker gave us a magic lamp and i used it (2 wishes of wealth and 1 peace of mind) and i didn't know if that was alowed or not?
Test Subject
#812 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:29 PM
This seemed like a fun challenge, I tend to play fast and loose with rules in the name of amusing myself though, like using what I deemed reasonable custom objects and selling ten fish per day because I don't have the expansions required to dig for treasure or have a home business...

So far my fisherman's caught some fish and some boots, built a house, adopted a stray (wolf), got his gold fishing badge, married the boy across the street...and thanks to the Risky Woohoo and TwoJeff's pregnancy hacks knocked up said boy with rather poor timing. Not a lot of cash on hand and in the winter so it's not possible to do any fishing on the frozen pond... XD But they have a roof over their heads, a crib for baby and he's only in the second trimester so hopefully by the time he pops they'll have a bit more money. And then they can reuse the baby things for the next so it won't have to be bought again. XD
Instructor
#813 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 12:46 PM
The rules about points are sometimes a bit sparse for me. "Age transition +70" - is that just for the age transition of the fisherman or for children and sims moved in later, too? Is the elixier of life allowed?

Boots can be sold too, and in the beginning there'll be a lot of them. Is there no limit on how many to sell of them or does every sold boot count as a sold fish?

I'm wondering about maxed out nature enthusiams only counting 10 points. Was that a typo? Because compared to things like "first fish +50" which happens almost by itself it seems low. Even someone fishing day in and out will take much longer till maxing out nature enthusiams. (Not that I think it'd be terrible if it's only 10 points for maxing out, but I was surprised.)
Lab Assistant
#814 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 7:30 PM Last edited by pandadoraa : 17th Mar 2010 at 8:08 PM.
I'm gonna start this challenge today, sounds interesting! And I just bought seasons
I'll post my results if all goes well!

Edit:

I made my Fisherwoman her name is Laura Trout

These are her points for the first day
Pond +50
First Fish +50
Fisherman +200
Boot (2) -20
Simoleons +61

First Days Total = 341

Points for Day 2
Simoleons +570
Bronze Fishing Badge +550

Running Total = 1461
Test Subject
#815 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:20 AM
Nice,i got Brion Povey a military(305 with no promo)job,so i think i can get her a bed soon.OFB users,use the cafe petite.very useful.

So seriously,who farted?
Test Subject
#816 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:48 AM
Hey are pets allowed? like uhh.. cats?
Test Subject
#817 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:00 AM
Default im ready
i know im like way late but this sounds interesting and i too love the cheats but i am willing to put the cheats aside all i want to know is....you say they can fish on their own lot but are you allowed to sell the fish or the boots they catch? please get back to me. Thanx
Instructor
#818 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:14 PM
I think as long as you're not selling things that will make you earn a lot of money all in one go it is probably okay.
Test Subject
#819 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:21 PM
o ok thank you so much just wanted to know so now ima have to try this challenge out wish me luck simmers
Test Subject
#820 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:48 AM
Ha, this is toeing the line of realism for me. ;]

Quote:
Essentially, your sims must survive and thrive under very harsh conditions, with very little money and an entry level job. I tried to keep it relatively simple, so success is judged by the amount of money you have and the number of kids.

Since I'm already doing the whole van down by the river thing, why not make my self-Sim do the same? ;]

Thanks for the plotbunny!
Test Subject
#821 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 9:32 PM
I think doing all right,considering i got 1,887$ for a guy moving in.

So seriously,who farted?
Instructor
#822 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:20 PM
Wow - I am doing soooo bad on this. Things started great, but went south pretty fast when my CAS, Esme Squalor, lost her job right after getting pregnant - so no maternity pay until after the twins (ugh!) were born. Those were some pretty low times. Neither the therapist or the social bunny were any real help - you think they could at least pick up a diaper or two when they drop in. Esme was fired the second day back at work and the nanny took her bed for payment. Worst part though was when the cat burglar ran through the lot and didn't steal anything because there was nothing to steal. Dude didn't even slow down.

Esme's an elder, now. Constanz and Perpetua are teens (yay +6K). Esme's been promoted five times (boo -5K).
Lab Assistant
#823 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:29 PM
Is it required to use community lots to be able to complete this challenge? I tried without and my Sim died of starvation before she went to work for the first time. Hmm. I guess you need community lots to be able to eat and stuff, but that's kind of boring

e: Also, only NPCs and service sims can join the family? Does that include townies? 'Cause if not that means I have to earn enough money to be able to hire a service sim to even have a kid?
Instructor
#824 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by backpedal
Is it required to use community lots to be able to complete this challenge? I tried without and my Sim died of starvation before she went to work for the first time. Hmm. I guess you need community lots to be able to eat and stuff, but that's kind of boring

e: Also, only NPCs and service sims can join the family? Does that include townies? 'Cause if not that means I have to earn enough money to be able to hire a service sim to even have a kid?

NPCs include townies, as they are not sims you can control.

And no, it's not *required* to use community lots, but if you don't then your sim will starve unless they start working on day one. And even then, they can still get fired if their other needs besides hunger are all red, so... community lots help in the beginning. A lot.
Test Subject
#825 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:22 PM
Is using the pizza trick ok?

So seriously,who farted?
Page 33 of 36