Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
Uh oh...Even Worse Securom for TS3?
Remember Securom? That nifty little feature that came with the later Sims 2 games to screw up your computers? Well it seems that EA has taken the shittiness to the next step and made Securom even more restrictive, intrusive, and generally a pain in the a**.

According to this article http://www.giantbomb.com/2008/05/07...ect-am-i-right/ , the new Securom boasts the following exciting features:

1. You must be online to install your game, so the game can request an activation key. If you're not, you can't play. Given Securom's incompatibility with some anti-virus programs, have fun going online with your anti-virus shut off!
2. Every 10 days you must go online to verify the key or the game will stop working. Going on vacation, or simply too bored to play with the game within 10 days time? Well, that's just too bad.
3. You can only activate the game 3 times (i.e. reinstall 3 times). Afterwards you'll have to contact EA customer service. So if you need to reinstall more than 3 times, you can look forward to exciting hours spent navigating automated phone systems and waiting on hold!

With all these cool new features, how could anyone accuse EA of not caring about it's customers? Look forward to Securom infecting your computers come the release of Sims 3!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th May 2008 at 4:07 PM
Given my track record of reinstalling the sims2, I doubt I'll buy that game, only to spend 1000$ on overseas phone bills so that I can play a 50$ game.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th May 2008 at 4:10 PM
We already have a discussion of this over in the Debate Room: http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=57116

I'd rather we keep all discussion of that to one thread there until we hear exactly what TS3 is going to have. Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:17 AM
HP- That thread was just closed, guessing this one probably will too.

They better not add to to TS3 or I am not buying it, I guess I will stick TS2, as long as they don't do it to Apartment Life...Or that Freetime/Bon Voyage doesn't stuff up.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:51 AM
Well, that's certainly 'great' news for the ones without internet at home! Strange as it may seem to EA there are still people who, for different reasons, don't have internet at home! So is this going to be a trend I wonder? People need to have access to the net to play games, -even if there's no multiplayer in the game??
#6 Old 10th May 2008 at 1:17 PM
what do they mean only install 3 times? I have re-installed my sims 1 and sims 2 games countless times. do they expect overseas players to contact them via international call? and then get a machine telling you your call is very important and to please hold?

someone has started a petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/copyprot/petition.html
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 10th May 2008 at 1:36 PM
Locking this as the original post refers to things that aren't true anymore.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread