Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2008 at 3:35 AM
Default Accessories
How would you like to be able to accessorise your sims in Sims 3 and should it be a key feature of the new CAS?

Right now we can download a whole host of accessories like scarves, purses, bags etc for The Sims 2, but some lack any interaction and look very poor when your sim is doing the daily chores and activities probably because our Sims aren't designed to recognise they're holding a purse in their hand or wearing a scarf!

Thanks to Bon Voyage we now have a jewlery section in CAS. It would be waste and a step back not to expand on this feature in Sims 3.

What kind of accessories should be available to our Sims? We've always had hats, and scarves in Sims 1 and Sims 2 but mostly attached to an existing outfit which makes things restrictive... should they be 'layerable' in Sims 3 then so our Sim can wear a whole array of items, as well as being able to add and remove items later?

I'd like accessories to be layerable (I'd like this to apply to clothes too; jackets over t-shirts, which can be changed or removed individually later on?) so each Sim can wear things differently compared to another sim.

Things I'd like to see are hats, belts, scarves, shoes (chould be classed an accessory I guess? lol), jewelry and tattoos. Bags (unisex) and purses. Maybe ribbons and other accessories for hair (some could be unisex)? Pins/badges for clothes? Make up? Umbrellas, if weathers included?

Accessories should also have some appropriate interaction, should they be included in Sims 3, like if a sim is carrying a purse they'll put down their purse before picking up another object (could be a great target for Klepto sims!).

Discuss accessories and possible interactions.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2008 at 8:29 AM
I hope there's an put customized tattoos (as in your sim is like the canvas) on your sim. Imagine the outcome!

Purses would sound nice, but I hope it includes animations with the bag (as in, it sways and you can open the purse).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th May 2008 at 8:36 AM
the clip in freetime already shows that the shoes will be individually adjustable

and god i hope they would have decent types of accessories

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2008 at 8:57 AM
I wish we could assign accessories to different clothing styles, like the scarf only goes with the outerwear and jewellry goes with everything except PJs. I'd also like to be able to assign outfits for hobbies or maybe link outfit type directly to the hobby object. I made a dance studio yesterday for my sims and it looked really weird because everyone was in their tracksuits instead of pantyhose. And I would definitely love to see useable umbrellas.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th May 2008 at 12:27 PM
How about if you could design their own outfits; say for there everyday the get those pants with that top, those shoes, that watch and that gold chain and there hair in that design. For the Formal she gets that dress with those shoes, that hat and that necklace.
etc...
And yes I think accessories should be layerable.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th May 2008 at 1:32 PM
Yeah, I hope that accessories and shoes can be changed per clothing type. I wouldn't really care about bags, certainly not held in the hand but maybe worn on the body, Scarves and better hats (independent of the hair!!!) would be nice.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th May 2008 at 9:40 PM
I'd love to be able to choose specific accessories to go with different outfits, as well as having hats that aren't a part of the hair. And I would be ecstatic if we could assign makeup to different outfits as well! It's a pain directing every sim in the vicinity to a mirror if you want them to get all dolled up for the wedding and whatnot.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzz2112
How about if you could design their own outfits; say for there everyday the get those pants with that top, those shoes, that watch and that gold chain and there hair in that design. For the Formal she gets that dress with those shoes, that hat and that necklace.
etc...
And yes I think accessories should be layerable.

I agree! Designing our sim's outfits sound really cool! And I want their clothes to be layerable as well. It'd be easier to do that instead of downloading thousands of meshes.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th May 2008 at 4:05 AM
I also want nail polish as a new option for both finger/toe nails as well as designs for them, and in loads of colors and styles and various nail lengths. I can just imagine our Sims getting a manicure/pedicure at a community lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th May 2008 at 4:13 AM
Oooh, nail polish seems nice! I wonder why they didn't do that in TS2 with OFB. They had the salon chair, after all. Maybe you wouldn't be able to see detailed nail polish in TS2.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th May 2008 at 2:48 PM
Nail Polish? You can barely see the Sims fingers unless you go up close and they actually move their hands in the correct manner.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th May 2008 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryFanFiction
Nail Polish? You can barely see the Sims fingers unless you go up close and they actually move their hands in the correct manner.

Some people like adding the tiniest of details to their Sims! Kind of like make-up and the jewelery from Bon Voyage you only notice it if you're zoomed in far enough... otherwise Sims look very similar! lol.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:12 AM
No but look at the many nails downloads there are for Sims 2, have you even seen them? They even have long nail meshes. Besides, you can still notice them as tiny as they are, at least the color. I'm sorry but I do get tired of all Sims unrealistically having the same nail color. And I'm not the only one who agrees so my idea is not nonsensical.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:05 PM
Hats independant of hair is a big 'yes please' for me.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th May 2008 at 6:32 AM
Yes, I love independent hats.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 15th May 2008 at 10:27 AM
And layerable earrings, please.

A hat free from hairstyle sounds great! I'm really curious why they decided to make hats a hairstyle that the sim can't remove.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th May 2008 at 11:01 AM
Possibly the easiest wy to avoid parts cutting through each other. But I'm pretty sure 99% of us would have lived with that happening for independant hats.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th May 2008 at 7:00 AM
Well the problem with independent hats is that the actual hairstyle will have to fit into the hat. So if you have two huge ponytails, then that wouldn't normally go with a hat. Maybe hats can go with certain hairstyles, like loose hair? Then again, how would the hat recognize a specific hairstyle? Maybe this is where hairstyles as separate categories come into place? Have, say, a hair category for loose hair with possibly a few very minor hairpins, to go with hats. Then another hair category which would consist of high ponytails, high buns and updos will not be able to have hats. What do you guys think of this idea?
#19 Old 22nd May 2008 at 4:02 AM
Glasses, glasses, and lots of glasses! The maxis made glasses in TS2 suck, and most of my sims are as blind as bats- just like me!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:51 AM
Yes, more glasses would be nice and I'd actually like them to categorized into sunglasses and prescriptions. Would be nice if certain Sims would HAVE to wear glasses for poor vision aside from contacts and LASIK surgery.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:37 AM
Basically just lots of different ones to go with different outfits.
And nail varnish would definately be good =]
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:06 AM
I'm glad you agree with the nails. I knew I wasn't the only one!
#23 Old 26th May 2008 at 7:49 PM
' How would you like to be able to accessorise your sims in Sims 3 and should it be a key feature of the new CAS? '

the accessories we have now are good;
pourses, unless they are on the shoulder would mess up their animations, so i don't really insist on those; sims have a black hole in their pockets so a purse is unecessary

'We've always had hats, and scarves in Sims 1 and Sims 2 but mostly attached to an existing outfit which makes things restrictive... '

in sims 1, heads had predefined hats, hair color, facial hair, makeup, etc; in sims 2, hats are still predefined, but the others are not.... so in sims 3 they could do in a CAS step a special place for hats(like we have for glasses, makeup, etc)

'I'd like accessories to be layerable (I'd like this to apply to clothes too; jackets over t-shirts, which can be changed or removed individually later on?) so each Sim can wear things differently compared to another sim'

yes... this will most probabbly be implemented, along with customizable clothes colors(RGB sliders would be nice..... i could dress all my sims in white/blue/red )

Things I'd like to see are hats, belts, scarves, shoes (chould be classed an accessory I guess? lol), jewelry and tattoos. Bags (unisex) and purses. Maybe ribbons and other accessories for hair (some could be unisex)? Pins/badges for clothes? Make up? Umbrellas, if weathers included?

Accessories should also have some appropriate interaction, should they be included in Sims 3, like if a sim is carrying a purse they'll put down their purse before picking up another object (could be a great target for Klepto sims!).

Discuss accessories and possible interactions.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 26th May 2008 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo

the accessories we have now are good;
pourses, unless they are on the shoulder would mess up their animations, so i don't really insist on those; sims have a black hole in their pockets so a purse is unecessary

I'm pretty sure that my sims keep their cell phones inside their kidneys while in undies and one of my sims currently keeps his car inside his pockets. Kind of wish they do something about those cellphones. lol And maybe add the possibility to send text messages and pictures with them.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:53 AM
Well purses/bags don't have to interfere with animation. It could work like cell phones, where it will appear when in use. Or maybe Sims can carry purses/bags by hand or strap over shoulder and then disappear when doing something. I mean I'd rather have it that way than nothing. Or for the strap ones over the shoulder, they can remain over the shoulder and the arm will just be angeled differently.