Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 6:29 PM
The Vauldeveirian Challenge
The Vauldeveirian Challenge

Preface: It seems there are quite a few sims that the social worker wishes to get its hands on. In a last-ditch attempt to save these kids the city council has offered anyone who can turn these kids' lives around a large sum of money. You, in your goodness decided to adopt a child. The council, in their cunningness, decided to trick you into fostering seven unruly teens!

Objection: To have all seven teens best friends with one and other as well as have an A in school by the time they turn into a Young Adult. They also must have mastered at least one skill, each sim having a different skill!

Aging?: Doesn't matter, but no aging up teens before their time.

First... Create your sim that is going to foster the children, they must be a young adult or older. Then you can either create the teens then, or create
the families of the teens and then just split up the teens from their families and move them in with the caretaker.

Homes Here is the Vauldeveirs place which I have made ( http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2303679 ) and you could use the sims that are currently in the house and skip the step above. I'm sorry that its on the Exchange. You could create your own house if you like (the house has been supplied by the council)

Cheats Rules You may use all cheats except for relationship, trait-changing, needs, moodlet, and no hacks or mods are allowed that would give you an unfair advantage. You may not get the Long Distance Friend or Mid-Life Crisis Lifetime Reward. Free will must be on high.

Traits At least three of your traits for your teens must be from the following list, and you may not use each trait more than twice, with the exception of Mean-spirited and Evil, which must each be used at least thrice.

Can't Stand Art
Childish
Clumsy
Commitment Issues
Couch Potato
Coward
Dislikes Children
Evil
Grumpy
Hates the Outdoors
Hot-Headed
Hydrophobic
Inappropriate
Kleptomaniac
Loser
Mean Spirited
Neurotic
No Sense of Humor
Snob
Technophobe
Unlucky

Death If any of teens die, a new problem-child must be brought in. However if teh caretaker dies, and is best friends with all the teens, the teens will still try to be good, for their fallen friends' sake. Also, if the caretaker is best friends with at least one of the teens, and they get the Oh My Ghost opportunity and complete it within two days of the death, the challenge is not yet failed. I know teens can live without any adults, but you would still fail the challenge.

Notes:
-If any of the sims in the Vauldeveir house ( I made) fail to meet the rules, please forgive me as they were not created in mind for this challenge. Just ignore what the rules say about changing traits and do so.

-No sims may be added to the house with the exception of one of the teens death.

-You are welcome to change the colors of the residence and uniforms to something else, as well as the name.

-Want to post a story about it? I would be honored if you did!

-Don't want to follow the exact rules? I understand. Feel free to post your story anyway. I admit, I myself did not originally commit to playing this challenge, but now I am. Geez is it going to be hard or what?

-The caretaker is required to have a meal ready for breakfast and dinner. You could also lock the doors to the kitchen to everyone but the foster-parent!

-You MAY NOT cancel out any mean or rude interactions that the teens do on each other or the caretaker. You may not do anything social interactions that do not fit with your sim's traits. Like a mean-spirited sim apologizing, you'll see a red marking over the image for that trait to let you know its against the trait.

-The teens have to follow all "Stay Out Past Curfew" and "Snub a Teen" wishes. If they are caught past curfew, the caretaker MUST lecture them.

-If a teen gets the "See the ghost of..." wish then they have 12 hours to do it, otherwise the anger shall become faded and they will save the dying if possible. They have to lure their victim to the location, ect. They don't always HAVE to attempt this wish, but make it realistic.

-The challenge ends when all teens have become young adults ( you can't move 'em out until they ALL are!)

Pointage-
+4 for every LTW completed (up to 32 points)
+6 for every teen that masters a skill (up to 42 points)
+2 for every best friend made by the teens with each other. (up to 56 points)
+2 for every teen on Honor role (up to 14)
+1 for every boy/girlfriend (up to 8 points)
-7 points for every teen that does not master a skill
-3 for every enemy by the turning of a Young Adult
-3 for every failing teen
-10 for every death

Again, you can either play according to the rules, or just use it as a fun way to play.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 12:26 AM
that sounds fun
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2010 at 1:10 AM
Thank you.