Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:34 PM Last edited by lqtink : 13th Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM.
Default New Challenge: Dysfunctional Family
I have been playing this way with a new family since I got ambitions.

Go to CAS and make a new family with an elder woman, a young adult male and female, and a toddler. The elder is the young adult male's mom and the toddler's grandma. The male and female must be workaholics, and have traits that make their LTW be a career. They also must be thin. The elder must have family oriented, natural cook, green thumb, and neat. The elder must also be overweight. The toddler can have any traits.

Move them into a house or make your own, there are not many restrictions. As soon as you are moved in, send the male and female to get jobs in any career. I used medical and political, because those are the biggies in real life. After they have careers, send them to the bookstore to buy the level 2 skill books for everything, and all of the toddler books. Put the toddler books in a bookshelf in the toddler's room and the skill books in any other book case.

The parents are never around to look after the toddler because they are skilling for their careers, and when they are not doing that they are practicing charisma or going to movies or shopping. The elder will be the caretaker of the toddler and must teach the three skills, and read all of the books. The toddler must have minimal interaction with his/her parents, since they are not a close family. Cancel all wishes of the parents to have interaction with the toddler.

For the first level of skills (skills that would use volume one of whatever the book is) the sims must obtain them by reading. After the first level, they must combine reading and classes to get to level 8. And they only can use objects to boost skills when they are above level 8.

During the day, the elder will take care of the toddler and clean the house. She will also cook all of the meals and try to learn cooking and gardening. NO CHEATS except motherlode. They have to have the best technology because the wife comes from a background of a lot of money.

I play on epic, but you can pick whatever time you want. Once it is time for the toddler to age up, the parents must throw him/her an epic blowout bash and invite all of their friends. The toddler stays inside for the party until it is time to age up.

Once a child, you can pick any trait. Since the parents are always working/skilling/busy, the child must go to one class after school every day. Once he/she has taken all of the classes he/she must go to the library, park, or playground until curfew, because the empty house is depressing. When I played, this is when the grandparent died. Everyone was very sad at the funeral, and the child lost her best friend.

The parents can have another baby at this point, but it will be a rebel, and must have all bad traits. By the time this happens, the first child must be a teenager, so that he/she can stay home to take care of the baby if both parents are working.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:56 AM
How does it end?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
It ends when the second child moves out of the house. Sorry, forgot to put that in the original post.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:49 AM
sounds like fun!