Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:05 AM
Default How-to: using SimPE for Adding Vacation Days
Hi all,

(If this is the wrong forum area to post this, then I apologize to the Moderators, please feel free to move to the right place).

A few weeks ago, I wanted to know if there was some easy or convenient 'hack' that allows us to ADD some extra Vacation Days to our sims. You know the thing.... for every week of work, our sims typically earn a single piddly Day of Vacation (also known as Paid Time Off).

The problem is... (without resorting to Aging OFF cheats) by the time an Adult sim earns a few days of vacation, he is literally ready to retire or already an Elder. What a shame they don't earn it faster.

THERE IS A WAY.... if you are at least familiar with the basic operations of SimPE.

It took me days just to figure out where this parameter is located in SimPE. Before that, I had asked around in several forums, and no one came up with the right answer. So after days of digging in SimPE, I finally found it. It was easier than I thought.

#1. Start up SimPE #2. Go to Tools, and open the Neighborhood (e.g. your current Desiderata Valley neighborhood that you are playing) via the Neighborhood Browser.

#3. Now, go up to Tools and open up the "Sim Browser"

#4. Click on and open the Playable Sim you want to modify (or Townie, whatever)

#5. (Make sure you are already in Plugin View, because that's easiest way to view the latest/last version of SimPE)

#6. On the 13th "tab button" (all the way to the right), click on the blue icon titled "More". Click down that list to Extended Browser.

#7. Now you are in an Extended Browser window. Choose "Decimal" view, otherwise you would be reading things as if you were some Fortran Programmer. You aren't a Fortran programmer with a degree in computer engineering, are you? I didn't think so.

#8. Scroll down a bit down the list until you see the parameter called "00000096; 0x0045: PTO"

#9. To the right of that, it probably says "0" (zero), assuming your sim currently has 0 days of PTO (paid time off, or vacation days).

#10. If that number says "100", that means your sim has exactly 1 vacation day. If it says 200, it means she has 2 vacation days, if it says 700 it means she has 7 vacation days. Go ahead and change that number. But stick to "hundreds" just to be on the safe side (as I don't know if the game rounds things up or not).

#11. Once you are finished, go ahead and click "OK" on that small extended browser window. It might prompt you to Save/Reload that sim that you just modified. Click on Yes/OK.

#12. As is normal with SimPE, you must remember to click Commit, and then Save File. Once you do this, your sim modding is done, you can close SimPE and exit out of the program.

Again, this assumes that you have some basic common sense, or at least have used SimPE once or twice to make basic modifications to your sims. Please don't blame me if SimPE ruins your game.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 11:00 AM
That was very helpful! Thank you so much for sharing the knowledge!
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 3:51 AM
Thank you, thank you! I knew I'd seen that variable somewhere, but couldn't find where and knowing where these variables are is invaluable!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:43 AM
Awesome. Comes in handy when you don't want to hire a nanny! I had been wondering if there was a way to do that!