Replies: 265 (Who?), Viewed: 114725 times.
Page 2 of 11
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvds12
Can anyone help me. I installed some cc into my game and it won't show up. I enabled cc in the game and put it in the Downloads folder I don't know what i'm doing wrong. The cc i'm trying to install is an outfit and i have the mesh for it, so I have no clue what i'm doing wrong. Please someone help?

I read over the post about five times but i still can't figure out how to make the cc show up in my games. The answer might be hiding in plain sight but for the life of me i just can't seem to figure it out. Can someone please help me?



That is my problem too. Some of the cc will show up, but most won't.
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 8:46 PM
Hello, I presume this is me being silly but i am trying to put the CEP in but i cant find the path in the instructions for where to place the "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package"

In my Sims 2 folders (~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/) I dont have the folders "TSData, then Res, then Sims3D" mentioned in the CEP instructions to place the file there.

Would be very greatful for help! This thread has already been a great help to me
Instructor
#28 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura.bee
Hello, I presume this is me being silly but i am trying to put the CEP in but i cant find the path in the instructions for where to place the "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package"

In my Sims 2 folders (~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/) I dont have the folders "TSData, then Res, then Sims3D" mentioned in the CEP instructions to place the file there.

Would be very greatful for help! This thread has already been a great help to me


See if this location works. Go to Applications, The Sims 2 Super Collection. Right click on the .app file and choose "Show package contents." From there the path I am using is Contents/TSData/Res/Sims3D. I cannot verify for sure if this works. I need to download a recolor of something that needs the CEP and test it.

The other file goes in the Downloads folder. This one, the MMAT, goes in the game filesystem.

Blog: Expattery
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 4:15 PM
Hi, I am having a problem locating the correct folders. When I go into Library my Containers folder is missing. I don't know if I am missing something completely or not in the right place but I cannot find the Containers folder anywhere. Also, I pasted ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ into the search bar in Finder & nothing showed up...
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM
Thanks for your help. Somehow some files show up and some don't. I just tried extracting a file with stuffit. Once I have extracted the files to a new folder, am I supposed to move them to the downloads folder? The file I just extracted seemed to have worked, I moved it into the downloads folder, and double clicked it, and it gave me this popup from Package Installer saying "double click custom content package file to install the content." upon double-clicking, the message just pops up again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiamom
Only .package files get put into the Downloads folder. Anything like .zip or .rar needs to be extracted or unzipped first. (Stuffit Expander works well) A Sims2Pack is the file type you need the package installer for. It is how Sims and lots are packaged. Any custom content in the Sim or lot goes into the Downloads folder, while the Sim or lot go into the appropriate bin.

You might try downloading a lot or Sim with custom content to verify you have the right location. Any CC will go into the right place. Make double triple sure you enabled CC and didn't just enable the CC display on startup; click the snowflake to actually enable CC.

Also, make sure the content you downloaded doesn't need the CEP to show up in game.
Instructor
#31 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssie777
Thanks for your help. Somehow some files show up and some don't. I just tried extracting a file with stuffit. Once I have extracted the files to a new folder, am I supposed to move them to the downloads folder? The file I just extracted seemed to have worked, I moved it into the downloads folder, and double clicked it, and it gave me this popup from Package Installer saying "double click custom content package file to install the content." upon double-clicking, the message just pops up again.


Progress, then. You don't click on a .package file after you have extracted it from the .rar or .zip. It won't do anything. You just dump it in your downloads folder, making double triple sure you have your Downloads folder in the right place and that you have enabled Custom Content in the game ( not just enabled the Custom Content dialog popup).

Can you give an example of CC that shows up, and CC that doesn't? If something is not showing up, it can be a recolor that needs the CEP, a custom item that needs a mesh, or something based on an object in an EP or SP you don't have.

Blog: Expattery
Field Researcher
#32 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenxxosim
Hi, I am having a problem locating the correct folders. When I go into Library my Containers folder is missing. I don't know if I am missing something completely or not in the right place but I cannot find the Containers folder anywhere. Also, I pasted ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ into the search bar in Finder & nothing showed up...


There are several folders called Library on a Mac. The one you're probably seeing is the one you'd see when you click on Macintosh HD, which contains a lot of stuff that's universal to the system, rather than belonging specifically to you.

The one you actually want is the Library folder that lives within your user home directory. The "~" (tilde) is a shortcut way of saying that it's in your home directory (its actual location is /Users/yourloginname/Library). By default this is hidden, but you can unhide and/or get to it in various ways.

To permanently unhide it, follow rhiamom's instructions elsewhere in this thread. Run the Terminal application (it's under Utilities in your Application folder), then type "chflags nohidden ~/Library".

If you don't want to do that, then click on the Go menu in Finder. Press the alt/option key. Library will magically appear on the list. Click on it and you'll find the Containers folder and can work your way down from there.

Or you can click on the Go menu and select Go, then Go to Folder, and type "~/Library" in there. That'll get you to the same place.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:33 PM
I am having trouble getting certain hairstyles to show up. It shows that I uploaded cc, but in place of the hairstyle there is a default one.
Instructor
#34 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freyjarocks
I am having trouble getting certain hairstyles to show up. It shows that I uploaded cc, but in place of the hairstyle there is a default one.


Could it be a missing mesh? Most hairstyles need a mesh, and it is almost always included in the creator's download. But when people do a recolor of somebody else's mesh it is not always included.

It is also possible that the hairstyle is based on a Maxis hairstyle from an expansion or stuff pack you don't have. Either way you get a default hair style showing up instead.

Blog: Expattery
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:54 PM


Ok. I've done everything I literally have no idea why it's not working.
You can even look in my finder window. It's just not working.
Instructor
#36 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumBramage


Ok. I've done everything I literally have no idea why it's not working.
You can even look in my finder window. It's just not working.


It looks like you might be in the wrong Library. Common mistake, it seems. You want the Library that is in your Username directory. It is hidden by default. You will not see it in the finder unless you are at least 2 or 3 versions of OS X behind. Make it visible by typing this into the terminal window: chflags nohidden ~/Library

The little arrows showing that the Desktop, Movies, Pictures, and Documents folders are links and not the actual folders is a big clue you are in the wrong place. The path you need is:

Username/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

Edit: after some thought it looks to me like you might have more than one hard drive or partition, and have symlinks pointing to the actual location of these files. But your path still seems to be wrong. Can you verify what version of OS X you are using, and that you are using the Sims 2 Super Collection?

Blog: Expattery
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiamom
It looks like you might be in the wrong Library. Common mistake, it seems. You want the Library that is in your Username directory. It is hidden by default. You will not see it in the finder unless you are at least 2 or 3 versions of OS X behind. Make it visible by typing this into the terminal window: chflags nohidden ~/Library

The little arrows showing that the Desktop, Movies, Pictures, and Documents folders are links and not the actual folders is a big clue you are in the wrong place. The path you need is:

Username/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

Edit: after some thought it looks to me like you might have more than one hard drive or partition, and have symlinks pointing to the actual location of these files. But your path still seems to be wrong. Can you verify what version of OS X you are using, and that you are using the Sims 2 Super Collection?

I did do the Terminal thing.
That is actually all under my username I just didn't want to show that part since it's my real name. ^^' Do I need a Resource.cfg file?? I remember sometimes things wouldn't work if I didn't have that placed somewhere.
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:08 AM
I'm getting this probably soon. I have a macbook pro late 2011. with a added 4gigs of memory so I have 8gb memory. will it run it
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphatica
No no no.
You figured it out!
I was completely lost, it's been forever and I never played on the mac before.
Now i'm really excited about getting into sims 2 again because i was in looooove.
Its running so smoothly unlike sims 3... Def going to be playing this until sims 4 comes out.


Hey nymphatica, can you tell us what exactly you did in one run because i'm still confused. I put the code in the terminal window and tried multiple times to get CC on my sims.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumBramage


Ok. I've done everything I literally have no idea why it's not working.
You can even look in my finder window. It's just not working.


Okay, I can see what your screenshot is showing (you've omitted the Library -> Containers -> com.aspyr.sims2.appstore -> Data -> Library bit and are just showing from the second Library down). You're in the correct place... but only for 50% of the CEP files.

Only the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file should go in the Downloads folder. As stated in Numenor's instructions for manual install, _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package needs to go inside the game package instead.

To do this, go to your Applications folder. At this point I recommend taking a backup of The Sims 2 Super Collection - you're about to change the application itself, and if you mess it up you'll have to trash it and redownload it all over again. Just take a copy and stick it somewhere else for safekeeping, on a different disk if possible, but definitely somewhere other than the Applications folder.

Then right click on The Sims 2 Super Collection, and select Show Package Contents. This will give you a folder view of the game file structure. Go to Contents -> Home -> TSData -> Res -> Sims3D. Put the _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package file in there. You'll be prompted for your administrator password - you're editing an application, so you need to confirm that it's what you really want to do.
Instructor
#41 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:57 PM Last edited by rhiamom : 14th Aug 2014 at 3:13 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumBramage
I did do the Terminal thing.
That is actually all under my username I just didn't want to show that part since it's my real name. ^^' Do I need a Resource.cfg file?? I remember sometimes things wouldn't work if I didn't have that placed somewhere.


Did you enable custom content in the game? Somebody gave good instructions for that earlier in this thread.

I noticed, when I was trying to get CC to work in my game, that a blush color and custom skin tone from a Sim I had installed as a Sims2Pack was showing up in Create-a-Sim even though I had not enabled CC in my game. This made me believe I had enabled CC in the game when I had not. I had only enabled the popup dialog about CC. You must click the snowflake at the place where you enable/disable the popup to enable CC. This helps explain the "some of my CC shows up" issues.

But there truly are only a limited number of reasons why all, (or as in my case, almost all) CC is not showing: CC not enabled in game, Downloads folder in wrong place.
If only a few things are not appearing, the likely causes are lack of the correct expansion or stuff pack, lack of CEP, or lack of mesh.

MTS has a really nice troubleshooting guide for CC issues, but it uses the wrong folder paths for the new Super Collection.

Blog: Expattery
Test Subject
#42 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:38 AM
I'm a bit stuck. I am making a night club and I would love to put custom art on the walls of the club but I can't just paint a portrait and put it in my inventory and I can't just paint a portrait at the lot. Is there a way to make custom photos to show up in the buy section when I'm making the club.
Instructor
#43 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc2050
I'm a bit stuck. I am making a night club and I would love to put custom art on the walls of the club but I can't just paint a portrait and put it in my inventory and I can't just paint a portrait at the lot. Is there a way to make custom photos to show up in the buy section when I'm making the club.


Yes, but not on a Mac. You need to use SimPE to create a new object based on a picture already in the game, then use Gimp or Photoshop or another paint program to alter the extracted image portion of the .package file, and then repackage it. SimPE is not available for Macs, so content creation beyond the capability of Homecrafter will rely on a friend with a PC version of the game and SimPE.

Blog: Expattery
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 9:51 PM
i LOVE you guys. i thought there was no chance of reviving my old cc-heavy medieval hoods and sims without that downloads forder. yay! definitely happy to have those sanity hacks back as well :D
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:52 PM
I noticed that custom content wasnt working because i copied the downloads folder to my home screen and put the downloads in there because im new to apple and didnt realise that if you copied a folder it makes a whole new folder as opposed to creating a short cut, anyway with your advice i managed to crack it so thank you all!
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:47 PM
Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knows how to properly clean up and install the empty templates for the hoods and subhoods. There isn't any discernible hood names for ones from Pets, Bon Voyage, and the like. Thank you for any help in advance!
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:09 AM
Default HELP! Cannot Locate File Path
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphatica
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH.

I went to Library and added my package files into downloads and voila!!!
Uh for those who can't find library on mavericks, Finder-GO-HOME!




I don't have a Library folder in my Home folder... I have a Library listed in my HD that does not have a containers folder (~/HD/Library), a Library listed under System that does not have a containers folder (~/HD/System/Library), and a Library listed in my Shared folder that contains an Application Support folder that houses only Adobe (~HD/Users/Shared/Library).

The only folders that I can find that appear to be Sims 2 related are located ~HD/Users/Shared/Aspyr/The Sims 2 but that's where everything drops off and there is NOTHING located there, and so far that is a dead end.

Even the file path that Body Shop told me would house the project I wanted to work on is nonexistent:

~/Users/Danielle/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Projects/PencilSkirtHeels

because my User file (Danielle) does not have a Library!

I have searched and found nothing containing the com.aspyr.sims2.appstore folder

I know I have custom content that must be somewhere, because it is showing up in my game from packages I've downloaded and installed with the Package Installer, but I cannot seem to find those files ANYWHERE.

Please does ANYONE have any information that can help me! I just want to get good hair and clothing (most packaged sims do not include hair or clothing meshes due to usage limitations) and install the CEP.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnwestman
I don't have a Library folder in my Home folder... I have a Library listed in my HD that does not have a containers folder (~/HD/Library), a Library listed under System that does not have a containers folder (~/HD/System/Library), and a Library listed in my Shared folder that contains an Application Support folder that houses only Adobe (~HD/Users/Shared/Library).

The only folders that I can find that appear to be Sims 2 related are located ~HD/Users/Shared/Aspyr/The Sims 2 but that's where everything drops off and there is NOTHING located there, and so far that is a dead end.

Even the file path that Body Shop told me would house the project I wanted to work on is nonexistent:

~/Users/Danielle/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Projects/PencilSkirtHeels

because my User file (Danielle) does not have a Library!

I have searched and found nothing containing the com.aspyr.sims2.appstore folder

I know I have custom content that must be somewhere, because it is showing up in my game from packages I've downloaded and installed with the Package Installer, but I cannot seem to find those files ANYWHERE.

Please does ANYONE have any information that can help me! I just want to get good hair and clothing (most packaged sims do not include hair or clothing meshes due to usage limitations) and install the CEP.



After looking up Help on my computer, I found this set of instructions to locate the Library:

What is the Library folder?

The Library folder contains files used by OS X and your apps, including your personal fonts and preferences. The Library folder is hidden. If you need to open it, click the desktop to make sure you’re in the Finder, hold down the Option key, then choose Go > Library.

And now I can find everything I need!
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:17 AM
so i built a lot and then i thought i'd back it up by packaging it since i've been having some issues with cc, but after i did that and i reloaded the lot all the cc i used to build it seems to have disappeared. not just blue flashing patches and reverted meshes, but the cc no longer shows up in my game. this happened with build files, buy files as well as my sim's clothing. i don't have much experience packaging lots so maybe this was a dumb whoopsie, but is there any way to fix it without manually searching for and reinstalling the lost cc? i thought i'd just try to reinstall the lot with the sims2pack but that doesn't seem to work.

running the super collection on my macbook pro.

halp!
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:32 PM
Does anyone know if the downloads still work even if placed in folders within the Downloads folder? (i.e. separate folders for "Hair"/"Objects"/"Clothes" to keep all my CC organized?
Page 2 of 11
Back to top