Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#3601 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 9:55 AM
I finally finished putting houses down in the custom world, Salmon Woods, and have started playing. My family consists of two parents, Terrance and Alexis Armstrong who love the outdoors and are conservationists. They have a little girl named Amelia and maybe expand their family later on. The father is in the science track the mother stays at home, but im thinking of having her get into gardening since that's a thing she enjoys when she's not tending to Amelia. I absolutely love this custom world its absolutely gorgeous! I will be coming back with pictures when I can. But I love the world and how smooth it runs.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3602 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:09 AM
These are two images of Terrance fishing in Salmond woods. I ended up placing Summer hills fishing spot from sunset valley in one of the empty lots and well it looks good in this world.

Instructor
#3603 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Yes I have a Nvidia card, but I don't know what AO is.  What is it?

EDIT: I got curious and poked around in my Nvidia settings.  If by AO you meant Ambient Occlusion, thank you!  The difference is huge.  Below is a few test pics; I moved the light source around.

Sorry for the double post but when I look at turning on this feature it will let m do it globally but when I go to specifically the sims 3 .exe it says that option isn't available for that program. so idk.. I cut it on globally but I'm unsure if it will have an effect on my game.
Scholar
#3604 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Elynda : 12th Apr 2021 at 8:07 PM.
Lately I've been developing Sunset Valley 2 and populating it with my own sims, although there are a lot of old friends from the original SV about the place. And other families have been moving into the houses I've placed faster than I can keep track of. A lot of them included toddlers, and although I have ageing turned off for now, I decided to age a few of them up.

And this happened...

All that from a few little candles! Wtf was in that cake?

The first fire fighter had to call in backup, and it took two of them to put it out. After which they admonished me to be more careful in future. Well, I'll try not having a birthday cake incinerate my dining room again, but you can never be sure about these things.

The measly insurance payout wasn't enough to cover the table and chairs, but I replaced them and the cake and we tried again. The firemen hung around to lend their support, and for cake. So, certainly one for the family album, I think. The little girl's name, BTW, is Misty. She seemed to think it was all great fun. Happy birthday Misty!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#3605 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 9:42 PM
I miss my game so I am glad to see your pictures everybody.
Scholar
#3606 Old 21st May 2021 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Elynda : 21st May 2021 at 5:27 AM.
I was fixing some problems with my lots in Riverblossom Hills, and I happened upon this scene...

Mr Crevis, who is butler at Dunwarren Hall, and certainly not a man known for his sunny and playful disposition, was bouncing on a trampoline in the park, accompanied by Sandra Wills one of the juniors at St Freda's Academy. The town is positively swarming with Freddians now (I recently added a fourth house, the Knights Lodge annex) and they certainly liven the place up.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#3607 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
These pics are not my usual standard as I can't stand thought bubbles and all the other junk that is over sims' heads,

First thing I do in Sims is turn off the headline effects. They ruin photos and totally ruin immersion for me. I hate them also.
Top Secret Researcher
#3608 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 1:24 AM
I just started a Random Legacy Challenge after many years. I started in Derielle, a gorgeous Twinbrooke remake.

However, I just found out that my perfect wife actually has a husband somewhere else in one of the World Adventure worlds. She was in a park and talked to him on the phone. How is that possible? As far as I know, my Woohooer setting don't allow that. Oh well, that might mean I just divorce her instead of killing her to have my second wife.

Also, my photography skill is broken, it seems. No picture has any of the categories. And my pics are only worth one simoleon at level 3 with the second level camera. I think I need to reroll the career roll. Or find out what borks my photography skill.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3609 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:39 AM
I've been playing Scotty this week, he's in the Ghost Hunter profession. I haven't played this in years!

Also, a meteorite hit the town. I got the message pop-up whilst Scotty was exorcising some spirits, so I think that's why it didn't land on him.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3610 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 2:40 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Jun 2021 at 3:00 AM.
Yesterday evening, I tried to load my version of Juuban...

My save was borked...

Right now, just having a bad day overall. I was asleep most of the day, due to lack of sleep... Still not sure I can save my save or if it's completely B-BAR (Borked beyond all recognition)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Top Secret Researcher
#3611 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 2:42 AM
I just started a game in Simmington to test the new Open for Business mod. While waiting for customers, I thought I'd make dinner. All of a sudden I am hearing sim-on-fire sounds and run back. Turns out a meteor hit the area behind my sims's house and flattened her and another customer.
Two customers were set on fire while two other customers tried desperately to extinguish everyone. What I want to know is, why did my sim and the two customers go behind the house? And why do the most dramatic things happen when I'm not looking?
Scholar
#3612 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 7:08 AM
Currently testing Takemizu Village 2.0
It was meant to be a vacation town but I'm crazy
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3613 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 8:11 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 28th Jun 2021 at 1:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Yesterday evening, I tried to load my version of Juuban...

My save was borked...

Right now, just having a bad day overall. I was asleep most of the day, due to lack of sleep... Still not sure I can save my save or if it's completely B-BAR (Borked beyond all recognition)

I was able to fix it.

Checked in on my Inner Guardians of Sailor Moon. Everything is good. Everything in place. Usagi is still creeped out by Mamoru this early in the relationship between the two of them.

Checked on Tri-State, which is where I committed the oft-committed sin of placing celebrities in our games for our selfish purposes. So far, George Clooney has been protective of my simself and she Woohoo'ed with a young man named Satoshi Sakamoto in the bot building pod.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Top Secret Researcher
#3614 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:33 PM
I forget, can toddlers die?
I just had the meteor warning by my fairy toddler who was in his fairy house. I thought better to make sure and had the toddler move out and away from the fairy house. And lo and behold, the meteor directly hit the fairy house and parts of the house!
The father woke up in a bed surrounded by flames but managed to put them out. The wife called the firefighters, who left with the comment: Better be careful next time! Yes, I will be more careful not to have my house in the path of a meteor!

Also, toddlers can host parties in the fairy house and it was a great party. I did not know they could do that.
Scholar
#3615 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 25th Jul 2021 at 4:47 PM.
So I'm sending my sim back to college...

Sunday:

Call the standard complement of butler, housekeeper, gardener and cook, because what's the point of being a rich old vampire if you don't flaunt it?

When the rest of the sorority gang arrives, one young lady comes straight at my sim and throws a fit at her about... bugs? Hey, I didn't program the game. Take it up with EA :p

Then they woohoo. I'm guessing my sim went, "WELL, FUCK YOU!"

The mandatory first day party is called by a roommate while my sim is at the meet and greet, and, fuck me, it's a bonfire party. Within half an hour someone threw test tubes on the fire and everyone stinks. I'm doing my part to keep them clean by woohooing everyone in the shower, because I'm selfless like that

Monday:

Remodel the bathrooms, add toilet paper. Frankly, I'm not opposed to fingering someone's ass, but it might as well not be my own.

Then throw my own party.

An elderly and shall we say... voluminous professor decides to go streaking all around the house. No less than 3 cop cars arrive, which I thought was a bit overkill; she's not THAT huge. They just point and laugh at her, then leave. Which I felt was a bit insensitive. Including to those who thought they're about to get run over by a round asteroid coming horizontally at them.

Tuesday:

Another day, another party, another round of sex in the shower. For some reason my sim keeps wanting to tell the guest to behave, and then gets upset because of misbehaving guest. I'm like, girl, YOU asked him to have sex in the shower, stop getting upset that you got your wish.

Wednesday:

House party, so of course everyone brings food, and of course the butler is busy putting it away. During the party.

Police gets called around 2 AM to break the party, and seeing people dancing in the parking lot outside, I can understand why. Strangely the cop doesn't get hijacked by the kegs this time, so he actually breaks up the party. Well, first the police gets to wait until I'm done in the photo booth, because fuck the butler

And then fuck the police.

Hmm, ok, maybe next time throw the party somewhere else.

Thursday:

Party again, because what else are you going to do before the exam? Watch paint dry?

And more sex in the showers, which the paparazzi are having a field day with, for some reason. I mean, I thought everyone has sex under the shower sooner or later, right? So what's the big deal? Well, apparently not under the open-air public showers at the public pool. (Well, pool-side club, which is where I'm throwing the party.) Talk about splitting hairs.

Talk to a paparazzo, learn that she's Stupid. Well, that explains a few things. Hmm... stupid, you say? Come with me in the photo booth, and I'll get you some really epic photos.

Friday:

Get invited to someone else's party, and there's some time to kill between the last exam and when it starts. Ah well, might as well work on my sim's street art skill. Get arrested for it. In retrospect, I could have picked a better house to spray-paint than the police station.

At the party, it's as lame as parties in the NPC houses tend to be. I mean, you have to navigate a maze of sims and furniture even just to get to the keg. And mind you, I'm not an alcoholic, but let's just say you need steady hands when you're out with a can of gas trying to light the bonfire. As the firefighters were keen to point out last time.

Well, the party's lame, so let's liven it up a bit. And thank fuck for the "Inapropriate But In A Good Way" trait too. Because everyone's like, "Yeah, she's upstairs getting gangbanged, BUT IT'S IN A GOOD WAY."
Scholar
#3617 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 7:44 PM
Sunday:

Back to college, and the mandatory first-day sorority party is off to a slow start, as the one who called the party is late. She eventually shows up fashionably late and in style, being driven home by a cop in a police car. I make a mental note to use that trick the next time my chauffeur is not around.

It's a bonfire party again, but I wise up and buy two public outdoors showers, which I place strategically right near the bonfire. This proves even more useful later, as guests from outside the household seem to be able to use them too. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I also place two of those all-in-one toilets nearby, because they clean people up even faster, and hey, more places to woohoo is always a plus.

Monday:

So I got two bee boxes, so I can do better better desserts. (Well, by "I", I mean the chef, really. The whole "save money and eat healthy by cooking your own meals" thing seems like some peasant joke that I'm too rich to get.)

Then throw another party.

Problem is, now the housekeeper and butler seem to be determined to commit suicide by bees. They get stung, do the bee attack dance, go back to the hive for more. They've been stung so many times, they seem to be doing the bee attack run by default now. I've just watched the housekeeper run flailing to the washing machine to get the laundry, run flailing and screaming to the clothesline, and then still flailing and screaming back to the nearest beehive.

Tuesday:

A cop showed up to break it on Tuesday morning, just around the time someone wanted to go home. The cop got hijacked by the keg and it glitched the party, so it keeps going strong all day. I dare the cop to streak, next cop comes to arrest him, gets hijacked and dared to streak too. You guessed, third cop shows up and... just decides to go streaking on her own. Gotta love Grace.

Yep, now all three cops are at my party. Gotta catch 'em all. Mind you, they can still get called and put on the uniform to arrest each other or such, but Grace is smart enough to stick to dancing naked inside on an island counter. I pull up a barstool and enjoy the view.

Meanwhile, the butler and housekeeper are STILL at provoking the bees. And they're not even helping, since they don't do the normal rotation and just anger the bees, so I get crap honey. I'm considering selling the hives, but:

1. As I discovered during the party, it does keep both idiots from putting away the food during a party or such, and

2. If watching two poor old idiots get stung by a million angry bees for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, isn't wholesome entertainment for the whole family, I don't know what is. You can't get this kind of stuff on Netflix, is all I'm saying.

Thursday:

The party started on Monday is STILL raging wild. I must have invited a Rebel gang, because everyone and their grandma seems to be in a "fuck the police" kinda mood. No, seriously, someone's grandma had crashed the party on Monday and now is busy trying to stuff one of the cops into the photo booth.

Just as I come back home, Grace puts on her police uniform and berates me for the party, breaking it up. Which would normally strike me as a bit hypocritical, from someone who's juiced off her tits and was dancing naked on the counter a minute ago, but hey, she's just doing her job. No hard feelings.

I wink and I invite her and everyone else right back to the next party.

Friday:

Before I go to school, I get to see half the party queuing to puke in the toilets. I have a suspicion what fruit was in those pancakes the chef made. I make a mental note to plant more of those, for the lulz.

Almost miss the second exam, because the first professor seems dead-set on taking a selfie with me, and it cancels or queue stomps my "go to class" literally a dozen times or so in a row. I keep clicking it away, and it overrides my damn command every single time.

Now I'm a gentle soul. I only killed one sim deliberately back in The Sims 1 to see how it works. But by the literal twelfth time I have to cancel the selfie thing and the idiot still can't take a hint to stop going after students BEFORE AN EXAM, I'm just about itching to lock someone up in a room with a dozen wooden chairs and half a dozen fireplaces. And it might not even be a sim.
Scholar
#3618 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 10:03 PM
Meanwhile, back at home the butler seems to be perma-broken by the beehive. She does the flailing bee-attack run everywhere, even after deleting the beehives. I try dismissing her and rehiring, traveling to another world and back, resetting, you name it. I even look in her traits and moodlets, nope, doesn't seem to have any bee-related moodlet.

*sigh* It seems like there's no end to the ways the butler can get broken. It's like the gift that keeps on giving... kicks to the crotch.

So I deal with it in a calm and rational manner, like the rulers of old: I send her into the woods with the royal huntsman :p
Scholar
#3619 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 12:16 PM
The book business in TS3 makes no sense.

My movie director, Otto Schuhorne, has been trying his hand at writing; he needs to improve his writing skill to advance in his career. So he completed an opportunity to write a book that earned 100 or more simoleons. Actually, "Plan 9.1 From Outer Space" had already done so, but that was before he got the opportunity. So he started work on "Tedious Encounter", the story of two colossal bores who meet at a railway station, consider having an affair, and then decide they'd probably end up boring each other to death. That earned 101 simoleons, but was a flop. But an earlier effort, "10 Commandments II: Pharaoh Strikes Back", (which he hopes to turn into a massive epic movie with gigantic sets, thousands of extras and absolutely no CG) only made 80 simoleons and was considered normal. Nope, no sense at all.

Scholar
#3620 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 8:05 PM
Speaking of things that make no sense, a vegetarian vampire keeps getting wishes to learn all 7 tofu recipes and/or to buy tofu. And I mean, it's not like they'll ever need to eat any of that.

Meanwhile, same vegetarian vampire who's got level 10 gardening by now, and has literally planted and harvested HUNDREDS of plasma fruits, can't recognize a plasma fruit seed when she picks one up. And I mean, it's the only seed that glows red. Nope, it goes under "Unknown Special Seeds".

I invite a couple of vampires to a party and serve the good blood wine (6 life fruit, 3 flame fruit, 1 plasma fruit), I take a glass, 2 non-vampire room mates and the butler are queuing up to puke their guts out in the toilet before any of the actual vampires can get to the wine. You'd think that after the first two dozen times that happened, they'd get the "don't drink the countess's wine" idea, but nope, nobody can figure that one out.

I have the vacuum cleaner, the speed 100 car and the speed 120 vigilante motorcycle in a sim's inventory. And the 120 speed motorcycle is even set as preferred. Aaand... she comes back from work riding the slow default broomstick instead. Which she doesn't even actually HAVE.

The old manor (well, more like an oversized family crypt, really) has vampire altars, dream pods, regular beds, a fairy castle AND a couple of the future sleep pods from the store. So OF COURSE my sim just pulls out the sleeping bag I got her for adventures, and plonks herself down in the parking lot instead. Bonus points: her energy bar is 90% full.

Oh, and here's the one that REALLY makes no sense: the hoverboard costs money and needs you to learn advanced tech, so it's an extra effort on the player's part, so you'd think it would be fast. You know, get some return on that time investment. Nope, it's slower than a vampire run, or than a human with maxed body skill, or than a fairy, and MUCH slower than a werewolf. What was the guy that balanced it smoking? Or, wait, do I even want to know?
Scholar
#3621 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:20 AM
So my I keep not being able to route to the bed, because I have two elevators and BOTH are being used to woohoo. I swear it's like the deluxe woohoo option. Everyone prefers to do it there, instead of, say, one of the luxury double beds upstairs. Oh wait, they can't get to the luxury beds because other people are woohooing in the elevators.

So I give everyone the bird and the bees talk: I flip them the bird and tell them I'll drop a beehive down the elevator shaft from above, next time someone's blocking it by screwing in the elevator.
Top Secret Researcher
#3622 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:58 PM
I think i have to lower the meteor chance even more. I had another meteor (one per sims week!) and it killed a child!
I was planning to play my third Riverview generation from the Joy family such that Marian unwittingly married a fairy (as a Supernatural sceptic). She made her husband become human after she gave birth to a fairy son. The second child, a daughter is human. Then the husband cheated.
Bitter as hell, Marian decided to go into the politician career and plans that once she is mayor, will prohibit any fairy activities and that everyone must take a potion to become human. Since she is arrogant, rich, and not that smart, I was anticipating her not to be that successful with eliminating the fairy population. As a true hypocrite she is studying alchemy to learn how to make that potion. It really takes too long to wait until it's available at the alchemy store.
Now the human daughter is dead, Marian broke up with her husband just minutes before that and the son was unsuccessful in getting the reaper to reconsider.
I quit without saving. I'm not ready for dead children. Yet.
Scholar
#3623 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:56 PM
Oh dear. You haven't seen the worst, though. If a teacher is the target of a meteor and she's at work, i.e., the school rabbithole is the target, ALL children in the school die. Which usually means literally every single child and teenager in the whole town. It's very rare, but yeah, it's a pants-shitting moment.
Scholar
#3625 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 11:46 PM
Meanwhile, in our universe...

The new butler keeps running away. Honestly, I can't blame her, given the mortality among previous butlers. Frankly, it's on par with being handed your flight goggles by Hiro Hito. Well, that and the roommates seemed determined to execute her by Snu Snu.

Neither calling and inviting, nor Nraas "Invite Over" seem to do anything at all. I'm starting to miss the one that was running like a spaz, but at least stayed at home.

Well, time to dump 72k simoleons on the store spellbook that has the "Summon Acquainted" spell. I bet you've never seen that coming, miss butler. 'Course, she fucks right off again when I go to work. But, as usual, I still get her 1200 simoleon bill at the end of the week. I'm starting to suspect that another butler will meet with an unfortunate accident :p

Meanwhile, I'm getting sims sleeping in the air, and constant Woohooer script errors. I check the nearest dream pod, and wouldn't you know it, there's 4 sims sleeping in it. One on the left side, three clipping through each other on the right side. Wait, it was a woohooer error... did these guys try to exploit some way to have a foursome? O.o

I should *ahem* study this issue more closely. FOR SCIENCE!

Click on that bed, only options are Nraas and "Go home." Wait, I can tell the bed to go home? O.o

The bed also can't be sold any more. None of them can, for that matter. And I don't mean while in use. In fact, whether or not it's in use, it doesn't even show the message that it's in use. It just can't be clicked in buy or build mode.

Curse like a warlock with Tourettes, delete the dream pods via cheats, replace with normal double beds. That actually gets rid of the woohooer errors.

Next day, I send my sim to finish a painting. The progress bar fills up around 10 AM and... she keeps painting. Around 2 PM, I just abort the action, and now the painting counts as completed O.o
Page 145 of 162