Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 10:46 PM Last edited by grammapat : 1st Apr 2020 at 5:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default missing foundations
After installing Numenor's "unlevelled wall" most of the foundations were gone; only the "Split level interior foundation" showed (in straight & diagonal). The other 2 were just gone. I tracked and removed the 2 unlevelled wall pieces. Disabled Download folder and retested - still missing foundations. It makes no sense that a wall mod would affect foundation...but whatever caused it...HOW CAN I RESET/restore Maxis foundations (I have no Scriptorium sort of mods that would have altered them).
EDIT: I've gotten lots of answers in other forums, but really should be only HERE. The latest advice is to re-install Scriptorium. Of course I first need to uninstall - Numenor's download says to run the installer and pick "restore maxis lights & uninstall Scriptorium"...but I don't HAVE the installer! Guess it's OK that I don't have custom lighting. So can I just DELETE the various Scriptorium folders in c//EA/Sims2/TSdata/Res/Catalogs/Scripts..or will that leave some bits?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:56 PM
You could try downloading the installer fresh and then running it?
If you have the Scriptorium, you must have had the installer originally. I don't know whether manual deletion will catch everything.

I haven't had any issue with the unlevelled wall, but I have had issues with custom foundations and such. There seem to be rules on how many items can be in the list, and sometimes what order you put things makes a difference. Hope you can figure it out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 9:42 AM Last edited by grammapat : 2nd Apr 2020 at 4:50 PM.
I did also try uninstalling Scriptorium (from the installer); it did not fix anything.
I have been advised that HugeLunetic would know about Maxis scripts for foundations; but I don't feel comfortable bothering a particular person.
Looks like my only option it to reinstall my entire game!

Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 1:13 AM
HL is pretty friendly, I doubt they would be offended by you sending them a PM. I would try that before doing the whole re-install, that's a complete pain.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
HL is pretty friendly, I doubt they would be offended by you sending them a PM. I would try that before doing the whole re-install, that's a complete pain.

haha too late! I've already uninstalled/reinstalled. But, as in RL, f... it up. Business & uni won't install correctly, think they are corrupted. How that could happen...

Alchemist
#6 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 7:03 AM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Hope you have managed to sort it by now.