Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 9:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Computer crash - UC won't work anymore
Yesterday I thought of some computer cleaning, going thru old files and deleting the useless ones, and the defrag the computer - which I had not done in a while.
I left the defragger doing its thing and when I came back the computer was frozen. (TS2 was not involved at all, nor any other programs.)
Ctrl+Alt+Del would not work, so I shut it down.

Now all my usual programs work just fine, my only problem is TS2.
The game loads, the neighbourhood loads, the household takes half an hour or more to load then freezes.
I tried different households, then different neighbourhoods, then removed cache and accesories files (I don't really know why), then removed the entire downloads folder (just in case). The same keeps happening.

I have no idea what's the problem, and I thought that I should at least try asking here - in case anyone can think of something. I think it's unlikely, but well, I don't know.
Otherwise I think I'll unistall and try installing again (and, ughh, trying to remember all the fixes for the UC which I ought to have copied down and - of course - I did not) and hope that works.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 11:36 PM
If you are on UC make a backup, go into Origin, right-click and do fix.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 6:57 AM
It would be as easy as that?
OH, my, and me thinking of uninstalling and re-installing!

I guess I would have to add the fixes (for the blue box, and things like that) later, right?
But you've just saved me a lot of time, thank you so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 8:01 AM
Well no guarantee, but fixing works like a reinstall but a lot faster. You need a backup because it might wipe your downloads etc.
*fingers crossed*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~