Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't get sims out of college
Hey everyone! First post, so sorry if I mess it up!

I'm playing Sims 2 on my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop (about 4 years old?) on win10. I have the Ultimate Collection. Runs like a charm, haven't had any problem so far.

I decided, for story purposes, that I'll take one of my children and his girlfriend to college and drop out, because "she got pregnant" (not actually, I didn't download the Mod for that). So I went to college, did some stuff there and decided to drop out. It asks me, if I am sure about it, I say yes and nothing happens, other then them getting the memory of dopping out (the boy has it twice, because I tried twice before exit & save). The taxi never comes, my sim stays YA.

Also tried making them get expelled, the notification came and they got resetted by the game.. And then I got the notifs every sim hour and my sims resetted every time. Nothing else happened, they just went on with life.

I don't have any mods for the taxi or college. I do have some gameplay changing mods, but none that would affect college. One of my other sims was able to graduate and finish college and moved back to the neighborhood just fine. I don't know why her little brother is so hard to get home.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 12:14 AM
Have you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility?
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 3:36 PM
This happened to me once. I moved my sims to a different lot, and then could leave uni. You might try that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 3:25 AM
Just because there's no logical reason for a mod to affect college, doesn't mean it doesn't affect college. Sims2 coding is sufficiently complex that chaos theory applies. The only way to be certain that a mod or mod conflict is not involved is to test the game with and without the mod. It could be two mods that don't work and play well together, it could be a load order issue, it could be a mod that, I dunno, hates a background program that's running. It might work on everyone else's computer and not yours for reasons that will forever remain obscure. A few of us have a problem with Cyjon's original "Slower LTA Gain" mod that caused the vacation clock to freeze. Other people, it works fine for. There is no logical explanation for this. (He has since modified the mod, but it's still bizarrely inexplicable.)

By all means try it from a different lot first, though. Give it a chance to be simple.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:16 AM
That's like the issues I had where my game suddnely for an unexplainable reason dropped the walk to work from options for getting to work which makes apartment living require the time freezer clock to enure they get ready in time for the carpool and to also have the institution signs in case It's obvious they won't be able to go to work like after promotions that change their work schedules.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 8:48 PM
I tried moving them to a different lot, I also moved them to a whole another college, it didn't work. Also tried taking out all mods, but still nada. :/
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 10:12 PM
The only thing I can think of now is to load a household in the main hood and try inviting them to move in. The game should then force them to age up.