Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 12:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Randomizer is Stuck
I am having a strange issue with the randomizer. It won't stop using the name "Duey" for males for some reason. When I spawn townies from the mailbox or the townie gun everything works fine, but if I let the game try to generate it's own townies then the "Duey" glitch happens. Is there any way to "unstick" the randomizer? I'm really beginning to dislike the name Duey...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 4:38 AM Last edited by SIMposiast : 8th Jun 2020 at 4:40 AM. Reason: missing word
Unfortunately, the game randomizer is not truly random and starts from the same pseudorandom seed value every time you start the game. Some people play it in a way that advances the sequence of values quicker but you can try the FFS Debugger (AKA "the Batbox") from here. It'll be the ffsdebugger.package. Be sure to save your game before you run it. For some people, like me, the Batbox doesn't work. If it doesn't work for you, you can use something like the SimBlender or the Sim Manipulator to rename all your Dueys.

For me, it's always the name "Abhijeet" or "Allyn" so I definitely understand the annoyance.

Another edit: added a link to instructions on how to use the Batbox